PDA

View Full Version : AP: Rummy stepping down

ChumpDumper
11-08-2006, 12:51 PM
Just on MSNBC

Nbadan
The NeoCons are scattering like flies.....

101A
Good news.

SA210
11-08-2006, 12:53 PM
Party like it's 2006! :toast

:clap :clap :clap :clap

11-08-2006, 12:56 PM
I was wondering when this would happen. On my way to the job site this morning, one of the pundits on Fox News (I was listening to XM Radio), said that it was his belief that Rumsfield would have to tender his resignation as he has a less than friendly relationship with Congress already.

RandomGuy
(faints)

Hmmm, smells like... accountability...

Haven't smelled that in a while.

clambake
"Pink. Rummy would like a pink slip today".

ChumpDumper
11-08-2006, 01:02 PM
Bush opening his press conference: "Why all the glum faces?"

Crookshanks
11-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Well, well, the democrats got another present! Let's see what they do with it - they won't have Rumsfield as a scapegoat if the war continues to go badly.

ChumpDumper
11-08-2006, 01:11 PM
Well, well, the democrats got another present! Let's see what they do with it - they won't have Rumsfield as a scapegoat if the war continues to go badly.Nah, it's quite possible Rummy screwed up the war beyond repair.

Chris Bell
11-08-2006, 01:11 PM
Damage has already been done. Typical Republican "cut and run" tactics.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-08-2006, 01:13 PM
Holy crap! A&M president Dr. Gates is going to replace him. Great pick, he'll do a great job.

boutons_
11-08-2006, 01:14 PM
"accountability"

far from it, retiring costs him nothing.

Rummy was seen as the scapegoat, the lightening rod for criticism of the war, protecting dubya.

With rummy gone, let's get out the long(er) knives for dubya and dickhead.

Crookshanks
11-08-2006, 01:16 PM
If Rumsfield had resigned last week, would it have made a difference in the election?

I think it shows the character of the President that he wouldn't allow the resignation right before the election because he didn't want it to sway the election. He said in his press conference that he had been talking to Rumsfield about the need for new leadership for a few weeks.

MannyIsGod
11-08-2006, 01:16 PM
I know nothing about Bob Gates, but my cat could do a better job than Rummy so I'll assume he's an upgrade.

I love David Gregory's questions because they always seem to irritate the hell out of Bush.

MannyIsGod
11-08-2006, 01:17 PM
WTF? Did the president just get beeped on MSNBC?????????????????????????

MannyIsGod
11-08-2006, 01:18 PM
If Rumsfield had resigned last week, would it have made a difference in the election?

I think it shows the character of the President that he wouldn't allow the resignation right before the election because he didn't want it to sway the election. He said in his press conference that he had been talking to Rumsfield about the need for new leadership for a few weeks.:lmao

Of course it woudl have swayed the election. It would have hurt the republicans even more. They wouldn't have had a chance.

Making sure your team doesn't get blown out means you have character? Give me a fucking break.

ChumpDumper
11-08-2006, 01:18 PM

I think it shows the character of the President that he wouldn't allow the resignation right before the election because he didn't want it to sway the election. He said in his press conference that he had been talking to Rumsfield about the need for new leadership for a few weeks.It shows how stupid he is -- that might have saved the Senate for the Republicans.

clambake
11-08-2006, 01:20 PM
Bush is getting really testy. He's simmering.

MannyIsGod
11-08-2006, 01:20 PM
I disagree Chump. Rummy resigning would have be an admission of complete failure and would have killed them at the polls.

boutons_
11-08-2006, 01:21 PM
Really bad spin, Crooky.

The election was a referendum on the Iraq war, for which much of the fuckups were committed by rummy, probably the main fuckups of not enough troops and having NO post-invasion plans or worst-case scenarios to be pre-empted.

If Rove/RNC thought that throwing rummy under the bus before the election would have significantly guaranteed better Repug results, they would have done it.

dubya saying last week that he was keeping rummy and dickhead to the bitter end was just pandering his "steadfastness and loyalty" to the Repug base. It was all window dressing.

Chris Bell
"Mr. President, yesterday's election shows that the people think you and your extreme right-wing policies suck. What do you say to them?"

MannyIsGod
Bush is getting really testy. He's simmering.Typical Bush press confrence.

He's saying that it was close now. Motherfucker didn't think it was so close when he was talking about his mandate.

clambake
11-08-2006, 01:22 PM
There's MANNY!! Sniffed out all the numbers, you ol'bloodhound!!!

ChumpDumper
11-08-2006, 01:23 PM
I disagree Chump. Rummy resigning would have be an admission of complete failure and would have killed them at the polls.Depends on the timing, really. Even if last week, he said that all options were on the table concerning the "unstaying the course" review instead of lying about Rummy's staying, that might have gotten a couple of thousand votes.

DFW Spurs
11-08-2006, 01:26 PM
You mean the micro-managing military cock blocking Rumsfield is quitting. Happy days for the military brass... Party at the Pentagon… :drunk

JoeChalupa
11-08-2006, 01:26 PM
Damnit!! I hate the fact that I'm missing this!! :cuss

clambake
11-08-2006, 01:30 PM
Bush is boiling. He just said he's trying to get things done including this Vietnam thing.

11-08-2006, 01:34 PM
Gates is tabbed to replace Rumsfield? With Gates being ex CIA director I can just hear all the conspiracy boys warming up in the bullpen.

11-08-2006, 01:37 PM
Damnit!! I hate the fact that I'm missing this!! :cuss

That's what happens when you have a job, Joe.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-08-2006, 01:41 PM
"accountability"

Rummy was seen as the scapegoat, the lightening rod for criticism of the war, protecting dubya.

Rumsfeld wasn't a scapegoat, he was a dumbass. He refused to listen to those under him who were giving him informed opinions, because he had his own (arrogant) ideas about how the military should be run.

Fuck boutons, bury the hate. I'm amazed someone as dumb as your ass can log on to the internet.

ChumpDumper
11-08-2006, 01:59 PM
http://www.texasmonthly.com/mag/issues/2006-11-01/2006-11-01_large.jpg

Can this guy save the War on Terra?

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-08-2006, 02:02 PM
Here's what he sent out to everyone at A&M earlier:

By the time you read this, the President of the United States will have
announced that he will nominate me to be the next Secretary of
Defense. I am deeply honored, but also deeply saddened.

As most of you know, almost two years ago I declined an opportunity to
become the first Director of National Intelligence. I did so
principally because of my love for Texas A&M and because much of the
program we had initiated to take A&M to a new level of excellence had
only just started.

Today, two years later, all of the initiatives of greatest importance
are well underway and on an assured path to completion. The faculty
reinvestment program is on track and all 447 new positions should be
funded by next September. Work is underway or in planning for more
than $500 million in construction, some 90% of it on new academic
facilities. We have made significant progress in increasing the
diversity of our faculty and student body, and both the programs and
funding are in place to continue that important and on-going effort.
And many new initiatives are now underway or are already complete to
enhance both graduate and undergraduate education, including, above
all, the new University Studies degree program. The Corps is on the
right track in terms of growth and grades, and the Capital Campaign
will end next month having far exceeded our billion dollar goal.

Some of you may worry whether one or another of these efforts will
continue with my departure. You need to know that the progress we have
made has been a team endeavor, and the team will remain. A remarkable
faculty and a group of gifted administrators and staff who truly
deserve the credit for all that has been accomplished over the past
four-plus years will still be here -- above all, my strong right arm
for nearly four and a half years, the Executive Vice President and
Provost, Dr. David Prior.

I apologize for surprising you with this momentous decision and
announcement, and for leaving as president before fulfilling my
commitment to serve Texas A&M for at least five years. I hope you will
understand the circumstances that made this necessary and that this
appointment comes nearly as much a surprise to me as to you.

I will have more to say to you before I leave (if I am confirmed by the
Senate). But I must tell you that while I chose Texas A&M over
returning to government almost two years ago, much has happened both
here and around the world since then. I love Texas A&M deeply, but I
love our country more and, like the many Aggies in uniform, I am
obligated to do my duty. And so I must go. I hope you have some idea
of how painful that is for me and how much I will miss you and this
unique American institution.

At this point, I expect to remain as President of Texas A&M until
completion of the confirmation process and a Senate vote. I assure
you, you will hear more from me before my departure.

Robert M. Gates
President
Texas A&M University

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-08-2006, 02:03 PM
Most of what I've ever heard about Gates and how he worked with Texas A&M was positive, I hope that translates well to the DOD.

ChumpDumper
11-08-2006, 02:05 PM
I gotta tell you, it'll be nice going back to the future with some George H. W. Bush era realists.

whottt
11-08-2006, 02:07 PM
Why not put a military guy in charge?

ChumpDumper
11-08-2006, 02:09 PM
One of the guys they forced out?

clambake
11-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Whottt may be right. Someone connected to the reality of what needs to be done. We already know the generals have opinions that are different from this administration.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-08-2006, 02:12 PM
Gates will be a great SoD. My only concern is that he's only got two definite years in office (depending on what happens in '08), not sure if that's going to be enough time to fix everything.

But the guy is damn smart, and he knows the Middle East VERY well. For those of you who hated Rummy and thought he was too much of a war hawk, Gates is on the record as feeling that diplomacy can and will work with Iran, we've just got to use the right tact.

I can't remember everything he's said about the Mideast in the past, but I remember reading and hearing some of his speeches at A&M and felt he had a very good handle on what needs to be done.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-08-2006, 02:13 PM
Whottt may be right. Someone connected to the reality of what needs to be done. We already know the generals have opinions that are different from this administration.

Gates was involved in foreign ops for the CIA for 20+ years, and just because he has been at A&M the last several years doesn't mean he hasn't stayed in the loop.

DarkReign
11-08-2006, 02:16 PM
Holy crap! A&M president Dr. Gates is going to replace him. Great pick, he'll do a great job.

When the President said his name, I thought he was a top aide to the Joint Chiefs.

Obviously, I was incorrect.

I sincerely hope the Dems approve the appointment and this government can just move forward. This is a prime example of letting the sleeping dog lie. Kicking people when theyre down does nothing, absolutely nothing, to help the respective constituencies of every politician.

clambake
11-08-2006, 02:17 PM
I hope your right. He has no time to cram for this test.

boutons_
11-08-2006, 02:18 PM
weak shit, Aggie, you're way out of your depth here.

rummy will be the scapegoat for losing Iraq by mis-managing it, while dubya tries to escape responsbility for losing Iraq by "mis-starting" the war.

up to now, rummy has been the lightening rod, dubya's proxy, taking criticism for the Iraq war rather than dubya seeing the bucks stopping on his desk.

weak shit, dickless, really weak shit.

101A
11-08-2006, 02:26 PM
When the President said his name, I thought he was a top aide to the Joint Chiefs.

Obviously, I was incorrect.

I sincerely hope the Dems approve the appointment and this government can just move forward. This is a prime example of letting the sleeping dog lie. Kicking people when theyre down does nothing, absolutely nothing, to help the respective constituencies of every politician.

He will be approved before the new Congress is seated.

11-08-2006, 02:27 PM
Guess Gates is relieved that he doesn't have to decide on whether or not to fire Fran.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-08-2006, 02:32 PM
Gates was involved in foreign ops for the CIA for 20+ years, and just because he has been at A&M the last several years doesn't mean he hasn't stayed in the loop.

Aggie's right.

I mean, if anything else, College Station is its own country compared to the rest of the U.S.

:lol

DarkReign
He will be approved before the new Congress is seated.

I need a picture of Homer with a big, fat "D'oh!"

Johnny_Blaze_47
Guess Gates is relieved that he doesn't have to decide on whether or not to fire Fran.

:lmao

He could just call Fran into military service.

xrayzebra
11-08-2006, 04:05 PM
What this Tell's an old man.

History is repeating itself. A country in decline. The youth of the country has no
staying power and is spoiled rotten.

As am old man I am saddened. I see people so pre-occupied with themselves and
their small life they really don't have time for anyone else. They profess their
feelings for the downtrodden, but have no compassion. They only profess, they
give, but them don't give. How can this be? They must be rewarded for their
giving. SA210 comes to mind. He/she professes his/her belief in God and his
speaking against killing. Yet, denies that he took wrath on those who opposed
his will.

Bush, as a politician, has proven he is just that. A politician. He says he will
continue with his present policy in Iraq. I can only hope he does. The dimm-o-craps
will, as I can already see, will seek their revenge, for what, God only knows.
Protecting the American people. Rummy said it best. This was is more complex
than just defeating an enemy. We are fighting an ideology. Not just in Iraq, but
world wide. Which no one on this board seems to understand. You think nievera
has arrived because the dimm-o-craps have been elected. Well, let me explain
something to you. If we pull out of Iraq tomorrow, if we left the whole world and
brought our troops all back to the United States, it wont change a thing. Except
you will be frighten to go to any event, go to a shopping center, or ride any form
of public transportation. They have listened to the clamor and learned. Just
as the North VN did. They are cunning, they are patient and they will win if you
continue to let them. Somewhere, sometime, you are going to have to take a
stand or perish. That is a fact.

I can hardly wait for the response to this post. Because I know the response. And
it evens saddens me more. My President sadden me very much today. He more
thank likely thinks caving in will make things okay. But just look at boutons
post, get out the long knives. Oh, my God, Bush and his administration was never
the enemy, the terrorist are! Does anyone not understand that? I am sad for this
nation and pray to God I am wrong in my assessment.

SA210
11-08-2006, 04:30 PM

rummy will be the scapegoat for losing Iraq by mis-managing it, while dubya tries to escape responsbility for losing Iraq by "mis-starting" the war.

up to now, rummy has been the lightening rod, dubya's proxy, taking criticism for the Iraq war rather than dubya seeing the bucks stopping on his desk.

I'll go a step further with this "scapegoat" thing.

Bush and his evil, murderous, lying White House crew knew that there was a huge possibility of subpeonas and investigations about the lies to get us into this illegal war and other corruption as well if the Dems won this election.

Rummy was a scapegoat alright. They got rid of him as quickly as possible considering these circumstances. I wouldn't be so quick to say that Bush would have fired Rummy just yet, had the Republicans won this election.

xrayzebra
11-08-2006, 04:35 PM
^^Another confirmation of my beliefs. And he/she claims to be a Christian.

ChumpDumper
11-08-2006, 04:36 PM
X, my biggest problem with Bushy is that he let Rummy and Cheney set the agenda as opposed to his father, who, if you remember, had Cheney agreeing that removing Sadaam would cause more problems than it would solve. Bushy looks like he has seen the light somewhat, and brought in all his daddy's realist compadres to advise him on Iraq, and now put one in as Secretary of Defense. It's too bad he forced out all his realists three years ago to accomodate Cheney and Rummy, it would have saved this country alot of problems had he listened to them.

Crookshanks
11-08-2006, 04:38 PM
The hate just keeps coming and coming...

SA210
11-08-2006, 04:48 PM
^^Another confirmation of my beliefs. And he/she claims to be a Christian.
Your President claims to be a Christian, and he has murdered thousands of innocent people and sent other innocent Americans to their death over an illegal war.

That's very Christ-like, huh. :rolleyes

Don't even answer that, I know how you think Xray, you should feel sad. You support a murderer and a liar who runs on being a Christian but does absolutely nothing Christian-like whatsoever.

xrayzebra
11-08-2006, 04:51 PM
X, my biggest problem with Bushy is that he let Rummy and Cheney set the agenda as opposed to his father, who, if you remember, had Cheney agreeing that removing Sadaam would cause more problems than it would solve. Bushy looks like he has seen the light somewhat, and brought in all his daddy's realist compadres to advise him on Iraq, and now put one in as Secretary of Defense. It's too bad he forced out all his realists three years ago to accomodate Cheney and Rummy, it would have saved this country alot of problems had he listened to them.

Well Chump, you may be correct. But ultimately the boss is the boss and
must make the decisions. I was a boss for many years. And I always welcomed
and solicited suggestions. But like I told those that did come to me, I
must make the decision so don't be disheartened if your suggestion is not
taken. Because I have the responsibility for how the place is run.

So I don't blame Rumsfield or Cheney. Their job was advising. Bush
job was decision/policy making. The problem is, which I suspected,
when he was Governor of Texas, he is more liberal than conservative.
His Father had the same problem.

Did you hear what he said on minimum wage and immigration. Oh, boy.
It is going to be a long two years.

xrayzebra
11-08-2006, 04:54 PM
Your President claims to be a Christian, and he has murdered thousands of innocent people and sent other innocent Americans to their death over an illegal war.

That's very Christ-like, huh. :rolleyes

Don't even answer that, I know how you think Xray, you should feel sad. You support a murderer and a liar who runs on being a Christian but does absolutely nothing Christian-like whatsoever.

No I feel sorry for people like you. That can't see pass their nose.
You think feeding a few people makes you an expert on helping others.
Really sad, really sad. There is so much more to life. But you will learn,
hopefully. There are many more people that need help than those that
live under a bridge and claim all kinds of problems with how they have
been treated. Look around. Please.

boutons_
11-08-2006, 04:58 PM
November 8, 2006

Gates Faces Major Challenges at Helm of Pentagon

By THOM SHANKER and MARK MAZZETTI

WASHINGTON, Nov. 8 — If he is confirmed as defense secretary, Robert M. Gates would take over a Pentagon whose ground forces are stretched and strained by an expensive war with no end in sight, and whose officer corps yearns to give unvarnished military advice without fear.

Senior military officers and Pentagon civilians, speaking today just after President Bush announced the resignation of Donald H. Rumsfeld, said that Mr. Gates’ long experience in intelligence would serve him well in the global campaign against terrorism. Ultimately, it is intelligence that guides the military’s firepower, they said.

But it will not be easy for Mr. Gates to repair communications with the uniformed military, said one officer. Sessions with the outgoing defense secretary have been nicknamed “the wire-brush treatment.”

One Air Force general said he thought the first month of Mr. Gates’ tenure would “make or break” his stint at the Pentagon, and that the new defense secretary’s first move should be to meet with the Joint Chiefs of Staff and listen candidly to the officers’ concerns about the strains on the all-volunteer force.

A senior civilian official at the Army said that, above all else, Mr. Gates must make the uniformed officer corps believe that he expects and even welcomes dissent.

“Inside the Pentagon, the belief is this current chairman and this current vice chairman were selected for their ability to get along with Rumsfeld,” he said, referring to Gen. Peter Pace, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and his deputy, Adm. Edmund Giambastiani.

Other officers said that Mr. Gates’ biggest challenge would be balancing civilian control of the military with free rein for independent advice to filter up from the ranks.

Course corrections for Iraq are anticipated, but officials predicted that Mr. Rumsfeld’s push for future military transformation — the word itself, although without precise definition, came to define Mr. Rumsfeld’s goals — would be shelved while officials deal with immediate challenges that threaten to overwhelm both the military and its budget.

“Gates will focus less on transformation and more on understanding the world around us,” said one Pentagon official. “We all agree that needs to happen.”

Mr. Gates will face a Congress that is certain to be less hostile to him than it would have been to Mr. Rumsfeld had he stayed in. But Democrats were already laying down their markers today.

Rep. Ike Skelton, the Missouri Democrat in line to become chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, said today that he intends to make oversight of the Pentagon and of the Administration’s military policies a top priority.

He said he would seek to recreate the subcommittee on investigations that was abolished in 1994 when Republicans took control of the House.

Pentagon officials said that they were waiting to see whether a number of senior commanders who had been asked, and even pressured, by Mr. Rumseld not to retire as scheduled would now decide to leave.

As for Mr. Rumsfeld’s top civilian aides, officials said it was likely that Mr. Gates would seek to retain Gordon England as the deputy defense secretary; Mr. England previously was Navy secretary, and has received high marks managing the day-to-day business of the Pentagon.

SA210
11-08-2006, 04:59 PM
No I feel sorry for people like you. That can't see pass their nose.
You think feeding a few people makes you an expert on helping others.
Really sad, really sad. There is so much more to life. But you will learn,
hopefully. There are many more people that need help than those that
live under a bridge and claim all kinds of problems with how they have
been treated. Look around. Please.
When did I say this? You continue the spin and lies that you are known for. You really don't know anything about me. I know you think you do, but you don't.

I ask that you look around X, More than half the country wants change.
Amen to that.

ChumpDumper
11-08-2006, 04:59 PM
I know Bush is The Decider. He showed terrible judgment listening to those two and he is to be held responsible for it -- but he's the guy who can do something about it over the next two years. There's no need for him to resign or be impreached -- who wants a President Cheney?
The problem is, which I suspected,
when he was Governor of Texas, he is more liberal than conservative.
His Father had the same problem. I really don't have a clue what Bush really believes as far as foreign policy goes -- that's how badly eclipsed he has been by Cheney and Rummy. He's just realized those guys were wrong and removed the guy who was easier to remove. It will take months, but there will be some big changes in foreign policy coming.

For the better.
Did you hear what he said on minimum wage and immigration. Oh, boy.
It is going to be a long two years.It'll go by pretty quick. Minimum wage is pretty much a nonissue and if the Democrats want to be elected in 08, there will be some kind of border strengthening.

01Snake
11-08-2006, 05:03 PM
there will be some kind of border strengthening.

I fucking hope so!

01Snake
11-08-2006, 05:05 PM
When did I say this? You continue the spin and lies that you are known for. You really don't know anything about me. I know you think you do, but you don't.

By the shit you post, it doesn't require much to form a pretty good opinion of you.

SA210
11-08-2006, 05:07 PM
By the shit you post, it doesn't require much to form a pretty good opinion of you.
:dramaquee

xrayzebra
11-08-2006, 05:08 PM
I know Bush is The Decider. He showed terrible judgment listening to those two and he is to be held responsible for it -- but he's the guy who can do something about it over the next two years. There's no need for him to resign or be impreached -- who wants a President Cheney?I really don't have a clue what Bush really believes as far as foreign policy goes -- that's how badly eclipsed he has been by Cheney and Rummy. He's just realized those guys were wrong and removed the guy who was easier to remove. It will take months, but there will be some big changes in foreign policy coming.

For the better.It'll go by pretty quick. Minimum wage is pretty much a nonissue and if the Democrats want to be elected in 08, there will be some kind of border strengthening.

Well Chump, never thought I would say it, but I have agree with you.
I don't really know, now, what his foreign policy is.

About border issues. I feel fairly certain what they are and I don't
agree with them. But that is me. The illegals need to get in line
and wait their turn. Otherwise just more of the same on down the line.

xrayzebra
11-08-2006, 05:10 PM
I ask that you look around X, More than half the country wants change.
Amen to that.

You are going to get it. Back to the future. We have been there and
done that.

ChumpDumper
11-08-2006, 05:15 PM
Well Chump, never thought I would say it, but I have agree with you.
I don't really know, now, what his foreign policy is.

About border issues. I feel fairly certain what they are and I don't
agree with them. But that is me. The illegals need to get in line
and wait their turn. Otherwise just more of the same on down the line.The dirty little secret of continued economic expansion is continued hiring and employment of immigrants, legal or otherwise. Bush hasn't really found a way to package that in a way we can accept.

xrayzebra
11-08-2006, 05:17 PM
The dirty little secret of continued economic expansion is continued hiring and employment of immigrants, legal or otherwise. Bush hasn't really found a way to package that in a way we can accept.

Real simple in my mind. Allow more in legally. I have no problem with
legal immigration. I just don't want to lose the country to a population
that doesn't wont to become a member of our society.

PixelPusher
11-08-2006, 06:11 PM
I know Bush is The Decider. He showed terrible judgment listening to those two and he is to be held responsible for it -- but he's the guy who can do something about it over the next two years. There's no need for him to resign or be impreached -- who wants a President Cheney?I really don't have a clue what Bush really believes as far as foreign policy goes -- that's how badly eclipsed he has been by Cheney and Rummy. He's just realized those guys were wrong and removed the guy who was easier to remove. It will take months, but there will be some big changes in foreign policy coming.

For the better.It'll go by pretty quick. Minimum wage is pretty much a nonissue and if the Democrats want to be elected in 08, there will be some kind of border strengthening.

Chris Matthews on MSNBC says Cheney objected to Bush's decision to fire Rummy/hire Gates. I never thought I'd say this but...props to Bush for growing a pair and taking off the training wheels.

Ocotillo
11-08-2006, 06:29 PM
Boy I'm glad I was wrong about this. I predicted Rummy would be out but that Lieberman would replace him so the Republican Governor could appoint a Republican replacement which would nullify the victories in Virginia and Montana.

Of course, John Bolton's recess appointment expires in December, maybe that is when it will happen.

j-6
11-08-2006, 06:38 PM
I'm still trying to figure out if firing Rumsfeld a week ago (since this Gates replacement was entirely preplanned and all, right?) would have added a measly percentage point to the GOP tallies in Virginia, Missouri, or Montana Senate races.

IceColdBrewski
11-08-2006, 06:53 PM
"accountability"

Gee, that's funny. You're always screaming that W is nothing more than an ignorant puppet to his administration (i.e. Cheney, Rummy, Condi, etc), yet now you're talking out of the other side of your ass. Now one of your so-called puppeteers is just a "scapegoat." By your logic, you want to disregard this puppeteer and stick the knife in the puppet. :dizzy

I new you'd find a way to expose yourself for the bullshit artist that you are. It was only a matter of time. :lol

boutons_
11-08-2006, 07:02 PM
That Rummy was seen as the scapegoat, the lightening rod in front of dubya doesn't mean that dubya himself planned that, or anything else.

Assuming dubya is a dumbfuck tool is assuming the sky is blue. I realize such subtleties escape you dubya suckers, esp on the day after the USA punched dubya right in his tiny balls.

IceColdBrewski
11-08-2006, 07:58 PM
That Rummy was seen as the scapegoat, the lightening rod in front of dubya doesn't mean that dubya himself planned that, or anything else. Assuming dubya is a dumbfuck tool is assuming the sky is blue.

Uh- huh. A bullshit artist of the highest order. Thanks for proving my point.

I realize such subtleties escape you dubya suckers, esp on the day after the USA punched dubya right in his tiny balls.

I guess you don't pay attention to anyone's posts except your own. I've mentioned more than once that I'm an independent. But I guess anyone who doesn't take every opportunity to bash the current administration, and clown on the American "sheeple", is a "dubya sucker" in your book. :rolleyes

No, I'm no "dubya sucker." I just know you're a fake who loves to take potshots at America and its people every chance you get.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-08-2006, 10:00 PM

Out of my depth? Croutons, you fucking drowned in the kiddie pool, don't even pretend you can swim in the deep end.

The only thing dickless about this whole discussion is you. Rumsfeld deserved all the criticism directed at him, and the fact that you're still sitting here like a walking, talking vagina trying to blame it all on Bush is fucking retarded. But then again, you are the poster child for the short bus on this forum.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-08-2006, 10:06 PM
I realize such subtleties escape you dubya suckers, esp on the day after the USA punched dubya right in his tiny balls.

:lmao

The only subtlety you can recognize is when you stroke off to your Michael Moore bikini calendar with your left hand instead of your right.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-09-2006, 12:24 AM
On a more serious note...

http://www.cfr.org/content/publications/attachments/Iran_TF.pdf

For someone who wants to have an informed opinion about Gates, here's some of his thoughts on Iran. The conclusions/recommendations start about page 40.

ChumpDumper
11-09-2006, 05:24 AM
Rumsfeld deserved all the criticism directed at him, and the fact that you're still sitting here like a walking, talking vagina trying to blame it all on Bush is fucking retarded.He is the decider, after all.

101A
11-09-2006, 08:49 AM
Chris Matthews on MSNBC says Cheney objected to Bush's decision to fire Rummy/hire Gates. I never thought I'd say this but...props to Bush for growing a pair and taking off the training wheels.

Mathews is obsessed with Cheney, take what he says regarding the VP with a grain of salt. Even Woodward asked him why he was so obsessed with the Veep during an interview about his book

spurster
11-09-2006, 10:26 AM
Can the new guy work around Cheney and xray, who want to continue "winning in Iraq" indefinitely? If the GOP want to have any hopes in 2008, they will need to get out of Iraq or at least be clearly on the way 2 years from now.

101A
11-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Can the new guy work around Cheney and xray, who want to continue "winning in Iraq" indefinitely? If the GOP want to have any hopes in 2008, they will need to get out of Iraq or at least be clearly on the way 2 years from now.

Leave at all costs?

Yeah, Taliban-esque massacres and bodies floating down rivers will do wonders for the GOP.

Nothing like victorious muslims firing their AK47's and dancing on burning American Flags to spur your party on to victory.

ChumpDumper
11-09-2006, 02:56 PM
Mathews is obsessed with Cheney, take what he says regarding the VP with a grain of salt. Even Woodward asked him why he was so obsessed with the Veep during an interview about his bookWhy would anyone doubt that statement though?

101A
11-09-2006, 03:01 PM
Why would anyone doubt that statement though?

Only because there is only a single source for it, and one that has shown a strange preoccupation for the VP before.

ChumpDumper
11-09-2006, 03:03 PM
So you believe that Cheney was all for getting rid of Rummy because Matthews said he wasn't?

clambake
11-09-2006, 03:07 PM
Bush picked all these guys. What did you expect? Look at the man doing the picking.

W's dad keeps him out of VN and he goes on a coking, drinking, whoring binge.

He runs home to daddy again and daddy hooks him up with a job. W bankrupts the company and he runs home to daddy again.

Daddy hooks him up with another job, and another, and another. All bankrupt.

Finally, W runs home to daddy and daddy gives him Gates.

Let's just hope senior stays alive for at least two more years.

spurster
11-09-2006, 03:21 PM
Leave at all costs?

Yeah, Taliban-esque massacres and bodies floating down rivers will do wonders for the GOP.

Nothing like victorious muslims firing their AK47's and dancing on burning American Flags to spur your party on to victory.
This is the reason why BushCo has been staying in Iraq. Trying to impose multicultural democracy was well-intentioned, but it's not working. I think the best suggestion I've seen is from Thomas Friedman: "reshaping Iraq as a loose federation of predominantly Kurdish, Shiite and Sunni zones", trying to do in Iraq like what was done in Bosnia.

ChumpDumper
11-09-2006, 03:23 PM
Well, the options on the ground in Iraq now are severely limited unfortunately. Can't unring the bell.

Nbadan
11-10-2006, 01:08 AM
Anyone catch Rummy flipping the press the bird Rick-Santorum-kid-style?

http://static.crooksandliars.com/2006/11/rummyfingerwave1.jpg