PDA

View Full Version : If Pop Ever Leaves TD in on an obvious fouling situation again, he should be fired

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-08-2006, 10:37 PM
Not only does he leave him in, he makes him the primary option on the inbounds. :wtf

Seriously, how stupid do you have to be? Put in your best five FT shooters and let them pick one to foul. :pctoss

Cant_Be_Faded
11-08-2006, 10:50 PM
I think it was stupid to leave him in, but I dont think he was the first option, he was the third. Give credit to the suns, they defended that inbounds play pretty well

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-08-2006, 11:04 PM
First, second, third, what difference does it make what option he was? He shouldn't have been in the game at that point.

Spurologist
11-08-2006, 11:06 PM
Elson can best answer that question. His ass is in pop's doghouse.

^
:lol posted it in wrong thread but it applies

RobinsontoDuncan
11-08-2006, 11:08 PM
Elson can best answer that question. His ass is in pop's doghouse.

Yeah, but why though? Elson had 6 boards in 6 minutes, he played well

ShoogarBear
11-08-2006, 11:09 PM
Yeah, but why though? Elson had 6 boards in 6 minutes, he played well Also, he didn't put up any threes.

Nero
11-08-2006, 11:23 PM

Pop puts people there arbitrarily to 1) show everybod who's boss 2) goad the media 3) create mystery which leads peole to revere him more.

1Parker1
11-08-2006, 11:25 PM

I don't think Elson is in Pop's doghouse...I just think Oberto was having an awesome game and Pop rightfully rewarded him with the minutes and playing time. Elson's offensive game wasn't on today anyway.

Spurologist
11-08-2006, 11:28 PM
I don't think Elson is in Pop's doghouse...I just think Oberto was having an awesome game and Pop rightfully rewarded him with the minutes and playing time. Elson's offensive game wasn't on today anyway.

So Horry's minutes were justified. That's great to know.

whottt
11-08-2006, 11:30 PM
I don't think Elson is in the doghouse...Pop just wanted to see what Oberto's got when he's on and Horry got no minutes last night.

The fact that Oberto played so well against a fast team is an extreme positive IMO.

Plus...Pop is definitely riding the hot hands right now which is why Barry got many minutes tonight as well.

I give Pop props for going with the hot hands...that hasn't always been his strong point.

I think Pop actually expected this to be a loss and was setting up for the soft speech post game...unfortunately(for Pop), the team responded with some toughness down the stretch, we won and so now he's going to have to hold off on it.

1Parker1
11-08-2006, 11:30 PM
So Horry's minutes were justified. That's great to know.

uMM, Pop loves Horry. Even when Elson was playing good, the minutes were divided between Elson, Oberto, and Horry.

dbreiden83080
11-08-2006, 11:31 PM
Timmy never should have been in that spot. Take him out of the equation by having him inbound the ball. What the fuck is Finley doing inbounding when is a 80% ft shooter. Manu, Tony and Barry needed to get open but Timmy never should have been in that spot. He made the tough FT when he hit the layup, under pressure though in that spot when you need 2 ft you can't put him in that position if you can avoid it.

beirmeistr
11-08-2006, 11:32 PM
Popovich must be a very stubborn man. You would think he would learn from experience that Tim is a foul magnet at the end of tight games.

Zunni
11-08-2006, 11:32 PM
Who would you have had on the floor, AH? Pick your 5.

dbreiden83080
11-08-2006, 11:34 PM
Pop has no excuse for that a fucking 80% FT shooter inbounding the ball and a 60% shooting big man on the floor, give me a break, that is bullshit personified.

Sense
11-08-2006, 11:36 PM
Not only does he leave him in, he makes him the primary option on the inbounds. :wtf

Seriously, how stupid do you have to be? Put in your best five FT shooters and let them pick one to foul. :pctoss

Oh SHUT THE FUCK UP!

dbreiden83080
11-08-2006, 11:37 PM
Oh SHUT THE FUCK UP!

About what he's right how is Timmy on the floor in that spot, he needs to be inbounding or sitting on the bench.

Nero
11-08-2006, 11:37 PM
The fact that Oberto played so well against a fast team is an extreme positive IMO.

A fast, *small* team. Remember, Oberto is stubby in addition to being slow. Every interior player looks like an allstar against the Suns, inculding our own Nazr who went off for seomthing like 34/12 against them last year. They are not the team to benchmark players against. Just some weird fluke team that manages to get by, despite of letting offenses do anything they want inside and being the worst rebounding team in the league.

Spurologist
11-08-2006, 11:38 PM
uMM, Pop loves Horry. Even when Elson was playing good, the minutes were divided between Elson, Oberto, and Horry.

So when will pop get it through his head that when a player is playing like shit it's best his ass gets some bench time.

It was great when Elson was playing well because his production overwhelmed anything Horry did wrong. It matters when there is a perfectly available sub on the bench ready to overcome pathetic school girl ball that horry is playing. Elson can do no worse than Horry has done

Nero
11-08-2006, 11:39 PM
Pop has no excuse for that a fucking 80% FT shooter inbounding the ball and a 60% shooting big man on the floor, give me a break, that is bullshit personified.

He's more like a 40% shooter with the game on the line.

1Parker1
11-08-2006, 11:40 PM
So when will pop get it through his head that when a player is playing like shit it's best his ass gets some bench time?

Hold on....lemme ask him.

1Parker1
11-08-2006, 11:41 PM
Oh, he says STFU Spurologist, I got 3 rings, you got 0. Lemme do what I know how to do.

:lol :angel

Texas_Ranger
11-08-2006, 11:42 PM
We won, that what is important.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-08-2006, 11:43 PM
Who would you have had on the floor, AH? Pick your 5.

Player, Season FT%, Career FT%:

Brent Barry, 87.5%, 81.5%
Michael Finley, 80%, 81%
Manu, 76.5%, 78.6%
Beno Udrih, 90%, 77.2%
Tony Parker, 69%, 68%

For comparison:

Tim Duncan, 58%, 68%

And finally, if you're going to have Tim out there, have him as the inbounds man, not someone out on the floor to receive it.

Spurologist
11-08-2006, 11:43 PM
Hold on....lemme ask him.

it's the guy next to some sort of small house. He's barking out instructions at it.

The house tags read.... E L S

I can't make out the rest of the name but it's pop alright.

Spurologist
11-08-2006, 11:44 PM
Oh, he says STFU Spurologist, I got 3 rings, you got 0. Lemme do what I know how to do.

:lol :angel

:lol the answer came early

1Parker1
11-08-2006, 11:45 PM

Michael Finley, 80%, 81%
Manu, 76.5%, 78.6%
Beno Udrih, 90%, 77.2%
Tony Parker, 69%, 68%

For comparison:

Tim Duncan, 58%, 68%

And finally, if you're going to have Tim out there, have him as the inbounds man, not someone out on the floor to receive it.

Parker's only 69% so far this season??? It seems like he's been making a lot more FT's this year.

dbreiden83080
11-08-2006, 11:48 PM

Michael Finley, 80%, 81%
Manu, 76.5%, 78.6%
Beno Udrih, 90%, 77.2%
Tony Parker, 69%, 68%

For comparison:

Tim Duncan, 58%, 68%

Barry, Tony and Manu need to get open but why take any chances at all with Timmy out there, inbound the ball or sit down. What makes me so furious is Finley is probably the best FT shooter on the team and he is inbounding the damn ball.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-08-2006, 11:54 PM
Parker's only 69% so far this season??? It seems like he's been making a lot more FT's this year.

That's what I thought too, but I'm just pulling the stats. He'd definitely be on my five that I'd put on the floor at the end of a game if I were up a point and knew the other team had to foul.

Que Gee
11-09-2006, 02:49 AM
What makes me so furious is Finley is probably the best FT shooter on the team and he is inbounding the damn ball.

100 percent correct.
Finley taking out the ball...Barry as a decoy running to the OTHER SIDE of the court. Come on people. Its a fucking STUPID in bounds play. Spurs won, great. But Pop needs to make an adjustment. Stop riding his nuts, and just admit its a dumb play.

Hopefully he'll fix it. Because the reality is, we got lucky. Bell hits that free throw, its game over and the Spurs are 0 and 2 at home.

George Gervin's Afro
11-09-2006, 08:13 AM

Wow we finally found something we agree about. Please :cry Pop take Tim out in obvious foul circumstances. You can then put him back in the game after the foul...