PDA

View Full Version : Elson's Minutes?

jn77
11-09-2006, 12:18 AM
Did I miss something tonight? I only saw Elson in the first half. I know Oberto was a beast tonight, but Elson has looked really good so far this year too. Was it a match up thing, a poor first half thing, or maybe he hurt himself? Just wondering if anyone knew anything.

Texas_Ranger
11-09-2006, 12:21 AM
I don`t think that he was hurt. It was just that Oberto and Tim were in a good form, so Pop didn`t wan`t to give him in the game any more.

coopdogg3
11-09-2006, 12:48 AM
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

jn77
11-09-2006, 12:52 AM
Got a point there!

T Park
11-09-2006, 01:19 AM
6 0-2 0-0 0-0 2 6 1 0 1 0 1 0

Got 6 REs tonight in only 6 minutes.

Pretty damn sweet.

Hopefully can play some minutes VS NY :tu

Kori Ellis
11-09-2006, 01:22 AM
I think he missed a rotation in his six minutes, so when he went out and Oberto was on fire, there was no need to bring him back in.

He missed quite a few rotations in the last few games and Oberto's D (as well as O, obviously) was outstanding tonight, so they didn't need anything from Elson.

timvp
11-09-2006, 01:23 AM
Elson has been missing defensive rotations the last couple games. You do that, you don't play. Plus I think Pop had to go with players who knew the defensive system the best, since against the Suns you have to switch more than against any team.

Six rebounds in six minutes was really nice. Now if Elson wants those minutes to rise, he's going to have to learn the defense better.

timvp
11-09-2006, 01:23 AM
:pctoss

I type too slow.

BeerIsGood!
11-09-2006, 01:25 AM
Elson will be spot on with his rotations with some more game time and experience in the system under his belt. Just takes time.

Das Texan
11-09-2006, 01:25 AM
Elson has been missing defensive rotations the last couple games. You do that, you don't play. Plus I think Pop had to go with players who knew the defensive system the best, since against the Suns you have to switch more than against any team.

Six rebounds in six minutes was really nice. Now if Elson wants those minutes to rise, he's going to have to learn the defense better.

thats how it has always been.

regardless, when oberto is playing like that, you really cannot take him out of the game for any extended period of time.

Oberto has earned his minutes, we will see what Elson can do as the year progresses.

Notorious H.O.P.
11-09-2006, 01:30 AM
Gotta go with the hot hand and the guy that is making plays for you. Elson busted out the Windex for the few minutes he was in there and that normally would be enough to keep him in there but the fact is that Oberto was rolling. We'll see plenty of Elson. And between Oberto and Elson showing flashes and Butler growing behind them, I don't think the center position is going to be as much of a liability as many of us thought.

Joepa
11-09-2006, 08:48 AM
I'm feeling pretty comfortable with what's going on at the 5 right now. Of course, winning always makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, but I really think that we're set for a while.

Now where the hell is White?

spurs_in_7
11-09-2006, 11:02 AM
expect less min for elson and more for oberto, which is great for me

Supergirl
11-09-2006, 01:43 PM
expect less min for elson and more for oberto, which is great for me

Oberto on your fantasy roster too? He's on mine. Too bad mine is still losing badly.

alamo50
11-09-2006, 01:52 PM
Pop's loyalty.
I am happy for Fabricio, but give Francisco those minutes and he does better.

spurs_in_7
11-10-2006, 01:16 PM
Oberto on your fantasy roster too? He's on mine. Too bad mine is still losing badly.

i mean great for the team, he is much more player than elson and can be more more productive than him, i know it because i watched him play tons of times, its a shame how such great player is underestimate in this board for just few mistakes in his first minutes as starter considering how little he played the past year.
give him minutes and time and you people will know the real fabri.

and yes, he is on my fantasy team

gus
11-10-2006, 02:42 PM
I know that Elson is more athletic, and has a better jump shot that Oberto.

But... Oberto was always a better player than Elson in Spain. Why not here?.

It is a mental thing.

Gus