PDA

View Full Version : Whiney Teams

dbestpro
11-09-2006, 08:47 AM
You notice all the whiney teams are losing.

Dallas 0-4
Pheonix 1-3
Denver 0-3
Seattle 1-4
Detroit 2-3

That's a combined 4-17 for the whiney teams.

LEONARD
11-09-2006, 09:16 AM
Interesting...the Spurs break the trend though...

JGrice02
11-09-2006, 09:45 AM

Mavs have already had two guys commit flagrant fouls -- tied for most in the league with the Pacers (thug-city). And Dirk is tied for the third-most technical fouls. Not only are the Mavs dirty, they still can't stop whining.

BTW, the Mavs record needs to be changed to 0-8 as they are on an eight-game losing streat. That must be a bitter pill...

Obstructed_View
11-09-2006, 10:48 AM
Amazing what happens when a team is smart enough to shut up and just do their job.

Shaolin-Style
11-09-2006, 10:57 AM
spurs still get away with a little whining, but you notice guys like Manu, Bowen, and Parker have really bit their tongue.

Obstructed_View
11-09-2006, 11:05 AM
Duncan's the only one that still complains, and considering that he did the "why me" crap after every fucking whistle last year, he's toned it WAY down. IMO it's improved his focus.

wildbill2u
11-09-2006, 12:40 PM
You notice all the whiney teams are losing.

Dallas 0-4
Pheonix 1-3
Denver 0-3
Seattle 1-4
Detroit 2-3

That's a combined 4-17 for the whiney teams.
That's everyone--but the Spurs. Let's face it, we whine a lot about bad calls, starting with Duncan.

gospursgojas
11-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Discipline peeps.... Discipline

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-09-2006, 02:46 PM
at least the majority of the fans here dont agree with you :smokin

Ive watched 3 of the Spurs games and they have whined a heck of alot more than the Nuggets. :lol

dbestpro
11-09-2006, 03:26 PM
at least the majority of the fans here dont agree with you :smokin

Ive watched 3 of the Spurs games and they have whined a heck of alot more than the Nuggets. :lol
You can also say this post is a look at not only the whiney teams, but who have the whiney fans. Since this is a Spurs board is stands to reason that there will be Spurs posts and are exempt. Any other team that posts proves the point that not only the team is whiney but there fans are whiney simpletions as well. I guess it's just part of losing. I can only guess though because being a Spurs fan I really don't know much about losing.

whottt
11-09-2006, 03:29 PM
Ehh...if it was the whining that was the difference the Kings would be winless....

And Spurs don't whine off the court...unlike the rest of those guys.

Spurs only whine when refs aren't calling fouls like they should be...that's not whining, that's lodging a justified protest.

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-09-2006, 04:23 PM
You can also say this post is a look at not only the whiney teams, but who have the whiney fans. Since this is a Spurs board is stands to reason that there will be Spurs posts and are exempt. Any other team that posts proves the point that not only the team is whiney but there fans are whiney simpletions as well. I guess it's just part of losing. I can only guess though because being a Spurs fan I really don't know much about losing.

Sure, make yourself feel better by trying to make it sound like im whining :drunk

Look at gameblogs from the Spurs and then come back to me about spurs fans not whining, not everyone does it but of course some do and its the same with every other team. Don't kid yourself into thinking the Spurs fanbase is any different to other NBA teams (except Lakers and Knicks coz that are horrific :fro). You have your good ones and bad ones.

And of course you don't know much about losing as a spurs fan but im sure you won't be a spurs fan when they have to rebuild one day
:lol

FromWayDowntown
11-09-2006, 04:28 PM
spurs still get away with a little whining, but you notice guys like Manu, Bowen, and Parker have really bit their tongue.

I actually think that's a valid point. Parker still spends time talking to officials, but it appears that his talks are aimed more at understanding why something was or wasn't called and not lobbying for calls -- as if Tony is trying to understand where the limits are and use that information to his benefit. Tony's done that for the last couple of years and it seems like the officials appreciate his style, even if they don't always give him the benefit of the doubt.

Manu seems more intent on just falling down and getting back up without bothering to discuss anything with the officials. And Bowen seems to be back to just keeping his hands visible, sliding his feet, and not worrying too much about what is or isn't called.

Brutalis
11-09-2006, 04:29 PM
naming 5 teams means he has 5 chances to eat crow

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-09-2006, 04:30 PM
serious question, when did Duncan start getting whiney with the refs? He hasn't been like that his whole career so what happened?

samikeyp
11-09-2006, 04:33 PM
And of course you don't know much about losing as a spurs fan but im sure you won't be a spurs fan when they have to rebuild one day

Don't be too sure friend. :)

I was there for those sad lonely days between when the Iceman left and the Admiral arrived.....when your starting center is Mike Smrek.....its bad! :depressed

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Don't be too sure friend. :)

I was there for those sad lonely days between when the Iceman left and the Admiral arrived.....when your starting center is Mike Smrek.....its bad! :depressed

:lol 17-65 and i was in Denver for my first ever live NBA game and i got to see two and the Nuggets won them both :smokin

samikeyp
11-09-2006, 04:51 PM
There ya go! :)

Obstructed_View
11-09-2006, 04:52 PM
serious question, when did Duncan start getting whiney with the refs? He hasn't been like that his whole career so what happened?
I don't know but it was annoying. IMO anyone that says he hasn't almost completely stopped the shit he did last year hasn't been paying attention.