PDA

View Full Version : Sonics Could Be Out of Seattle Soon

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-09-2006, 01:36 PM
Seattle Basketball Franchises Appear To Be Moving
9th November, 2006 - 12:49 pm
Seattle Times - Seattle has been all but mathematically eliminated as a long-term home for the Sonics and Storm, meaning the future of professional basketball in the area is down to two options — the suburbs or so long.

By overwhelmingly approving Initiative 91 on Tuesday, Seattle voters effectively ended any notion that the NBA and WNBA teams would remain in their namesake city.

Mayor Greg Nickels said the vote severely reduces the chances of the city making an arena deal with the team's new owners.

"If they're willing to put private dollars toward enhancing a facility at Seattle Center, we'll work with them," Nickels said. "But if they're looking for a public subsidy, I don't think it will happen."

I-91 could affect other professional sports operations in the city, such as the Seattle Thunderbirds, who play hockey at KeyArena, and the annual unlimited hydroplane race on Lake Washington, said Ralph Morton, executive director of the Seattle Sports Commission.

The measure also could limit the city's flexibility to bring pro all-star games to town, he said.

"I-91 makes it next to impossible for the city to negotiate agreements with any professional sport, including any new tenants to fill any potential void created at KeyArena by the Sonics and Storm leaving," Morton said.

baseline bum
11-09-2006, 02:26 PM
Asshole Sonics fans deserve it.

mikejones99
11-09-2006, 03:18 PM
Sports do not go well in Seattle. All teams, NBA, NFL and MLB in Seattle choose to get rid of their star players and use the money to build stadiums instead. The owners do not care about winning at all, yet their retarded fans still go to the games.

tlongII
11-09-2006, 03:22 PM
Sports do not go well in Seattle. All teams, NBA, NFL and MLB in Seattle choose to get rid of their star players and use the money to build stadiums instead. The owners do not care about winning at all, yet their retarded fans still go to the games.

I have no idea what you're talking about. That statement definitely isn't true if you're considering the Seahawks.

Kori Ellis
11-09-2006, 03:28 PM
They are supposedly probably moving to Bellevue, 10 miles away.

whottt
11-09-2006, 03:33 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about. That statement definitely isn't true if you're considering the Seahawks.

You Pacific Northwesterners wouldn't know Sports if they were the sheep you fuck. Realize that you live in bumfuck and leave the Sports discussion to those of us that don't live in log cabins.

tlongII
11-09-2006, 03:44 PM
You Pacific Northwesterners wouldn't know Sports if they were the sheep you fuck. Realize that you live in bumfuck and leave the Sports discussion to those of us that don't live in log cabins.

Dry............Flat.............Dusty.

mikejones99
11-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Seahawks let their best player ever at the time leave, Joey Galloway and now they over pay losers like Hassleback and alexander while they let their best lineman go to the vikings, Hutchinson. Griffey, Arod and the Big unit should all still be in Seattle just like Gary Payton and Kemp should have ended their careers there too. Safeco is an expensive dump that should be boycotted forever.

HeatOwnzNba
11-09-2006, 05:55 PM

Not to be a jackass, but isn't there only one pro sport
in San Antonio?

METALMiKE
11-09-2006, 06:03 PM
Not to be a jackass, but isn't there only one pro sport
in San Antonio?
Jackass.

mikejones99
11-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Yes, San Antonio and Miami both have one good sport, the NBA.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-09-2006, 07:37 PM
No one goes for the Silver Stars??? :smokin

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-09-2006, 07:39 PM
They are supposedly probably moving to Bellevue, 10 miles away.
I thought it was to the OKC?