PDA

View Full Version : Did LeBron and Bowen have a spat before the World Championships?

flipcritic
11-09-2006, 02:17 PM
And did it cost Bowen a spot on the roster? LeBron haters are going to love this.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/cs-061108smith,1,80735.column?page=2&coll=chi-sportstop-hed (page 2 of an article on LBJ and his stardom)

"... James grew particularly close with Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade and Chris Paul on Team USA this summer, though there were some incidents with others who resented the star treatment James seemed to expect.

Despite his fame, he's still only 21 years old. At times his immaturity shows and he can be rude or indifferent. There was an incident early in Team USA's training camp when San Antonio veteran Bruce Bowen took exception to a brusque exchange with James and suggested quite loudly that "a please or a thank-you would be nice on occasion."

Perhaps it's no coincidence that Bowen did not make the final U.S. roster for the world championships."

gospursgojas
11-09-2006, 02:54 PM
Lebron is used to having his ass kissed

SAGambler
11-09-2006, 03:01 PM
Lebron is used to having his ass kissed

Well, he certainly gives that appearance at times. Of course he still has a lot of maturing to do, and maybe someday he will realize he can't win a ring all by himself. And until he does, he is just another star on a team in the NBA. Lot of guys that can claim that title.

Walton Buys Off Me
11-09-2006, 03:07 PM
Talk to me when LeBron actually contributes to a title, let alone wins one. Yet another example of some over-hyped classless tool who's his own biggest fan.

All style, no substance; couldn't carry Kobe Bryant's jock.

timvp
11-09-2006, 03:10 PM
Sam Smith is a joke. The next time he's right about something will be the first.

If LeBron had that much pull, you think he would have at least started most of the games :lol

Spurminator
11-09-2006, 03:22 PM
There was an incident early in Team USA's training camp when San Antonio veteran Bruce Bowen took exception to a brusque exchange with James and suggested quite loudly that "a please or a thank-you would be nice on occasion."

Perhaps it's no coincidence that Bowen did not make the final U.S. roster for the world championships."

Indeed, this exchange sounds pretty serious. I'm sure it's something that keeps Bowen and James up nights.