PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what happened with Lebron?

1Parker1
11-09-2006, 06:10 PM
I'm confused...they're arguing on Around the Horn about Lebron's early exit during a game last night when they were losing. Anyone know what happened?

ducks
11-09-2006, 06:14 PM
he left with 6 seconds left in the game
he thought they were going to lose so he just walked off the court
what class

1Parker1
11-09-2006, 06:17 PM
He left the floor in the middle of the game or refused to go back out after a TO?

What was the score at the time?

ducks
11-09-2006, 06:26 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53296

ducks
11-09-2006, 06:28 PM
http://www.nba.com/games/20061107/ATLCLE/playbyplay.html

tlongII
11-09-2006, 06:40 PM
There was 6 seconds left, but the game was over. No big deal.

leemajors
11-09-2006, 06:45 PM

still kinda weak - you can wave your hands around and pretend to play defense for 6 more seconds. especially if you're the new face of the NBA. not a big deal at all though. doubt he ever does it again.

ducks
11-09-2006, 06:48 PM
he should be fined what he made for those 6 seconds
nba players make hundreds of thousand of dollars per 48 minutes :devil

if it was ron artest or randy moss or to the media would have been all over it

tlongII
11-09-2006, 06:56 PM
he should be fined what he made for those 6 seconds
nba players make hundreds of thousand of dollars per 48 minutes :devil

if it was ron artest or randy moss or to the media would have been all over it

Probably, but that's because Artest and Moss have a history of doing stupid things. LeBron does not.

Obstructed_View
11-09-2006, 08:03 PM
Ducks is an idiot, but if Lebron wants to be Mr NBA he can be bothered to stand on the fucking court for eight more seconds. He isn't showing to be developing as much of a leader.

dirk4mvp
11-09-2006, 08:05 PM
Shit, from what I say he shot that 3 with like 20 seconds left.

Woody paige pwned LeBron when he said the game was not over and brought the Reggie Miller thing up.

btw, ducks in a idiot

ducks
11-09-2006, 10:46 PM
LeBron not walking away from criticism

By TOM WITHERS, AP Sports Writer
November 9, 2006

CLEVELAND (AP) -- Every dribble, every dunk and every decision he makes is dissected. Some more so than others.

LeBron James understands that. He just doesn't get why some are saying he quit on the Cleveland Cavaliers.

ADVERTISEMENT

James was widely criticized on sports talk radio and by TV pundits for leaving the floor in the final seconds Tuesday night in a 104-95 overtime loss to Atlanta. After missing a 3-pointer with 15 seconds left, he began walking off the floor toward Cleveland's locker room while the Hawks dribbled out the clock.

James stopped near the baseline by Cleveland's bench and watched until the final horn sounded.

He was first condemned by Atlanta's radio team and their call was picked up by some national broadcast outlets on Wednesday. Later, James was being compared to wide receiver Randy Moss, who left the field before a game was over for Minnesota.

James, who has been under a public microscope since he was 16, doesn't think he did anything unusual.

"It's not like I walked off the court and came to the locker room while there was still time left on the clock," he said before Thursday's game against Chicago. "I stood on the court the whole time, until the buzzer's end, I even said something to (Hawks forward) Joe Johnson on his way out.

"It was kind of frustrating for us to lose that game, but as far as quitting on my team or anything like that, it's crazy. If we would have won the game, it would have never been mentioned. Say if we was winning the game and I did the same thing. Would it have been mentioned? I don't think so."

James didn't seem surprised that it was incorrectly reported that he left the floor completely.

"It was reported I was in Texas somewhere and I was at home," he said. "It was reported I was in Miami and I was home, so."

Cavaliers coach Mike Brown didn't know about the flap about James' late-game stroll until he was told by his son that it was being discussed on TV. Brown said he and James have discussed the uproar.

"We both understand there is a right way to do things," Brown said. "This business is the perception business and the right way to do it is to finish the game out on the court. It won't happen again."

James' walk wasn't even noticed by the Cavaliers, who defended their teammate and said he isn't the only one to leave the floor early.

"It's no big deal," forward Drew Gooden said. "LeBron is under such a microscope that every little thing he does gets noticed. I don't care what anybody says, at some point I'm sure Michael Jordan and Larry Bird walked off the floor with 13 seconds left."

Bulls coach Scott Skiles isn't shocked that James' move got so much hype.

"I'm not real surprised by anything the media gives attention to these days," Skiles said. "Every little things gets scrutinized ridiculously."

Skiles always played to the final horn, and knows that anything is possible when there is still time left.

"I've seen Reggie Miller score eight points in nine seconds, so it has happened," he said.

ducks
11-09-2006, 10:48 PM
Probably, but that's because Artest and Moss have a history of doing stupid things. LeBron does not.

he is going that way but he also gets away with travering and whining to the refs then any player on the planet

samikeyp
11-09-2006, 11:50 PM
I didn't think it was the right thing to do but I don't think, in this particular situation, its a major deal either.

lefty
11-09-2006, 11:56 PM
I think it has been blown out of proportion because it's Lebron James ; if it was any unknown role player, no one would have talked about it

ducks
11-10-2006, 12:02 AM
everything james does is blow out of porpation
except when he walks and cavs win in the postseason

Spurminator
11-10-2006, 12:06 AM
If this had been LeBron James, ducks would have been all over it.

1Parker1
11-10-2006, 12:23 AM
If this had been LeBron James, ducks would have been all over it.

:wtf It was Lebron...

Anyways, thanks for the article link. Judging by that, I really don't see the big deal. Didn't the Suns and Nash do almost the same exact thing in their OT game against the Spurs the other day. 9 seconds left and you walk off isn't that big a deal. I thought they were down like 5 or something and Lebron gave up and went to the bench or something with 15 sec left....

Medvedenko
11-10-2006, 11:31 AM
No biggie...if it was kobe though....the CIA would be called in....