PDA

View Full Version : Sonics Complaining About Non-Calls On D-Wade

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Wade Watchers: Sonics say refs don't call it even

By Ira Winderman
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Posted November 9 2006

MIAMI · Add Sonics coach Bob Hill to the list of Dwyane Doubters.

Two years ago, it was Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas questioning the outside shooting of Heat guard Dwyane Wade. Before last season's NBA Finals, Mavericks forward Josh Howard expressed similar sentiments. And this past summer, Rockets forward Tracy McGrady questioned the ease with which Wade was allowed to get to the foul line in the title series against Dallas

Now comes Hill, who questioned the latitude Wade was granted with his ballhandling in Tuesday's 90-87 victory over Seattle at AmericanAirlines Arena.

"On one play, he carried the ball for about three feet and took two steps," Hill said of what he insisted was an uncalled palming violation. "I asked the official, `How am I supposed to coach against that?'"

Hill's argument drew a technical foul with 18.6 seconds left in the third quarter.

"It's unbelievable what [Wade] gets away with," Hill said.

Wade also worked his way to the foul line for 17 free throws, making 14, including 10 conversions in the decisive fourth quarter. By contrast, the Sonics attempted 23 free throws, with no player attempting more than the six of guard Ray Allen.

"It was a little lopsided," Allen said in the Sonics' locker room, according to the Tacoma News-Tribune. "There was pressure up on the ball whenever I got the ball, and on the other end, we got whistled any time we touched Dwyane."

Wade did not respond to Hill's comments after Tuesday's victory and was not available Wednesday, with the Heat given the day off.

Then again, Wade might have his own quirky views on his success.

After shooting 12 of 17 in Tuesday's first half, he removed his knee-high leggings at the intermission and shot 4 of 8 over the final two periods.

"You have to find a way to make it happen," he said. "I just keep taking my shots and hope they fall."

Wade's effort, which included seven turnovers, was typical of the Heat's 2-2 start to the season.

"We're trying to get some consistency," he said. "That is one area we need to improve on.

"Things will come around for this team."

POSE-ING PROBLEMS

James Posey's game-winning 3-point basket with 19 seconds remaining Tuesday marked only the third time the Heat forward turned a deficit into a lead with a 3-pointer in the final two minutes of a game, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

Posey previously accomplished the feat twice for the Nuggets against the Mavericks on Jan. 27, 2001.

Posey's basket gave the Heat an 88-87 lead, with two free throws by Wade closing the scoring.

Of Posey's 24 points this season, 14 have come in the fourth quarter.

O'NEAL REHABS

Center Shaquille O'Neal reported to the training room for treatment on his bruised left knee. O'Neal, who was injured in this past Friday's game against the Nets when he bumped knees with New Jersey forward Bostjan Nachbar, has missed the past two games and has yet to publicly address his injury. ...

Gary Payton played 42 minutes, 42 seconds against the Sonics, the second time the 38-year-old Heat point guard has played more than 40 minutes this season. ...

With his season-high 13 points against the Sonics, center Alonzo Mourning has now scored in double figures 409 times for the Heat. Glen Rice holds the franchise record with 416. ...

The Heat has won its past 60 home games when leading after three quarters, a streak that began Feb. 23, 2004 against Portland.

Ira Winderman can be reached at [email protected].

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-spheat09nov09,0,7877383.story?coll=sfla-sports-heat (I didn't forget Kori!)

Obstructed_View
11-09-2006, 08:05 PM
Someone in Seattle complaining about officiating? Naaaah.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-09-2006, 08:07 PM
:lol

HeatOwnzNba
11-09-2006, 08:15 PM
The sonics need to shut up and worry about their relocation.