PDA

View Full Version : Voting issues today??

samikeyp
11-02-2004, 04:17 PM
Did anyone have any?

The whole process for me took about 20min, including the time I stood in line. Had the touch screens. It all went very smoothly. Although if anyone can screw things up, its Bexar County. That Borofsky dude could mess up a wet dream.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-02-2004, 04:55 PM
I got stuck by a train on the way there, adding 15 minutes to my trip.

Obviously the Republicans were using "big business" to intimidate me into going home without voting.

dcole50
11-02-2004, 05:12 PM
I was just about to start this same thread ..

Luckily, I only had to wait about 15 minutes. But then when I went to get my ballot, I was accused of already submitting a ballot at another polling station (which I wasn’t registered at). They had to call the other polling station to verify that I had not voted there. Then a polling supervisor had to take over, and 45 minutes later, I finally got to vote and leave. Turns out the reason my name was highlighted was because they moved my area to a new poling station due to high voter registration .. or something to that extent. The man who was explaining it to me didn't seem to understand it either. Heh.

Not too bad. Didn’t care about the presidential election vote, since I’m obviously in a Bush state. I was glad that I was able to vote on local issues and candidates.

Hopefully other screw ups don’t happen in other states. Alabama has a history of fucking things up, so I wasn’t surprised. ;)

bigzak25
11-02-2004, 05:15 PM
So did everyone vote for via? I did.

Yonivore
11-02-2004, 05:16 PM
I voted last Monday.

whottt
11-02-2004, 05:36 PM
The only problems I had were with all the damn people that were voting for Kerry...a crowbar, a firehose, a gun and some questions about their family members settled those problems for me.

samikeyp
11-02-2004, 05:37 PM
I did Zak....now for Prez..I am not saying Who I am voting for.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-02-2004, 06:08 PM
This wasn't today, but on Friday at the Great NW library, there was only one computer and two officials checking voters, but they had eight machines. Only 2-3 were being used at any one time and a couple of times, they were empty.

Shelly
11-02-2004, 06:14 PM
That's were I voted a few weeks ago, JB. I went around 11:30 and the only deal was waiting in line for about 15 minutes. All the machines were working, but they were explaining to everyone on how to use them.

My friend was telling me that her name came up on the computer with an "F" next to it. She said the workers were all, "You have an F by your name!" and to other workers, "She has an F by her name!" My friend asked them if the F meant that she flunked voting. After a few minutes of this they finally got it cleared up, but she never did know what the F meant.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-02-2004, 06:17 PM
I just thought that if they had eight machines up and working, get enough people in there to move the line.

I waited for about an hour-and-a-half to vote starting at 2PM. When I passed by the same spot around 6:30PM, the line was halfway towards Grissom Rd.

But other than the too few people checking voters, it was relatively simple and easy. I don't even remember people getting antsy at all. It was good to see so many people be that patient.

Shelly
11-02-2004, 06:21 PM
oh, I agree! I should have clarified that when I was there, maybe three or 4 people were voting at a time. I swear, one of the workers was explaining how to use the machine for at least 5 minutes. I thought some were broken at first.

CosmicCowboy
11-02-2004, 06:24 PM
The only problems I had were with all the damn people that were voting for Kerry...a crowbar, a firehose, a gun and some questions about their family members settled those problems for me.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao