PDA

View Full Version : Final House Numbers Still Undecided

Nbadan
11-10-2006, 01:48 AM
According to Real Clear Politics, Democrats have gained a total of 28 House seats. There are eight races left undecided at this time. Two of the races will be decided in December runoffs:

• Louisiana’s 2nd District: Incumbent William J. Jefferson (D) will go up against Karen Carter (D) in a December 9 runoff. Either way this seat will be held by a Democrat.

• Texas’ 23rd District: Incumbent Henry Bonilla (R) will compete with Ciro D. Rodriguez (D) in a December runoff.

Here is the status of the remaining six undecided races:

• Connecticut’s 2nd District: At the latest count, Democratic challenger Joe Courtney led three-term Republican Rep. Rob Simmons by 170 votes out of 242,472 counted, a difference of .08 percent.

• Georgia’s 12th District: Incumbent John Barrow (D) holds a narrow lead against challenger Max Burns (R), by 51.2 percent to 48.8 percent —a margin of about 3,400 votes with 96 percent of precincts reporting.

• New Mexico’s 1st District: Rep. Heather A. Wilson (R) leads challenger Patricia Madrid (D) by about 1,150 votes out of more than 201,000 cast, a difference of half a percentage point, with 99 percent of precincts reporting.

• North Carolina’s 8th District: Incumbent Robin Hayes (R) leads Larry Kissell (D) by 456 votes out of more than 120,000 counted, a margin of two-tenths of 1 percent.

• Washington’s 8th District: The race between incumbent Rep. Dave Reichert (R) and Darcy Burner (D) is on the undecided list because so little of the vote has been counted, largely because of major flooding that hit the rain-soaked district on Tuesday. The latest AP report showed Reichert leading by 51 percent to 49 percent with fewer than a third of the precincts reporting.

• Wyoming at-large: Incumbent Barbara Cubin (R) hung on to a lead of 970 votes over Gary Traunerout (D) with nearly 193,000 cast. This is a difference of half a percentage point.

Real Clear Politics House Scorecard (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/writeup/election_2006_house_scorecard-60.html)

It's time to get rid of the coconut Henry Bonilla, hell, giving us Becky Wetstone is reason enough, but damn I hate to campaign for the loser Ciro.

AFE7FATMAN
11-10-2006, 06:06 AM
Real Clear Politics House Scorecard (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/writeup/election_2006_house_scorecard-60.html)

It's time to get rid of the coconut Henry Bonilla, hell, giving us Becky Wetstone is reason enough, but damn I hate to campaign for the loser Ciro.

Dan You are up to late and confused with your facts. AGAINIt was Charlie Gonzales that gave us the Extreme left wing radical, Bitch, Becky Wheatstone. Heney gave us a nice lady Deborah Knapp Bonilla, who kept her mouth shut about the divorce.

edit: I agree that Ciro would be a better Congresman.
I voted for Charlie G. Liked his DAD and like him.

Ocotillo
11-10-2006, 05:36 PM
Henry gave us a nice lady Deborah Knapp Bonilla, who kept her mouth shut about the divorce.

Anyone know "the rest of the story" about that? I have heard he was fooling around on her but one hears all sorts of crap about public people.