View Full Version : The Praise Chris Paul Thread

The_Game
11-10-2006, 10:22 AM
currently averaging

20.8 points
4.2 rebounds
10.6 assists

on 52% shooting

in leading the Hornets to a 4-1 start to the season and he is only in his 2nd season

boutons_
11-10-2006, 11:24 AM
Is a real stud, and tough as nails. Without him, Hornets would probably be way under .500 for the season.

DarkReign
11-10-2006, 12:09 PM
CP3 is the fucking man. If he isnt considered already to be the PG in the game, then next year he will.

I will never, ever forget the triple-double he put on the Pistons last year. I just watched in silence because I knew I was watching greatness.

Dirk Nowitzki
11-10-2006, 01:43 PM
As much of a badass Chris Paul is...

Parker>>>>>>>>>>>>>Paul

J.T.
11-10-2006, 01:48 PM
I am winning assists in Fantasy by a landslide thanks to him. He's a stud.

stretch
11-10-2006, 02:41 PM

Parker>>>>>>>>>>>>>Paul
no fucking way. Paul is more productive than Parker, and he doesnt have arguably the greatest PF of all time opening lanes for him.

monosylab1k
11-10-2006, 02:45 PM

Parker>>>>>>>>>>>>>Paul

if Parker and Paul switched teams, New Orleans would be 1-4 right now and headed to a 20 win season....and the Spurs would be well on their way to a 70+ win season.

The_Game
11-10-2006, 03:03 PM

Parker>>>>>>>>>>>>>Paul

Parker is not even on Paul's level.

MrChug
11-10-2006, 03:09 PM
Chris Paul is a young phenom, mature beyond his year. A bad actor, yes...but a great point guard.

Dirk Nowitzki
11-10-2006, 03:21 PM
Parker is not even on Paul's level.

Agreed. Paul has been in the lottery while Parker has not. Parker also has 2 rings and literally carried yall while Duncan was injured most of last year. Fact remains Parker is the 3rd best pg in the league behind Nash and Billups.

Dirk Nowitzki
11-10-2006, 03:25 PM
no fucking way. Paul is more productive than Parker, and he doesnt have arguably the greatest PF of all time opening lanes for him.

Yes fucking way. Stop hating the Spurs for a second and give Parker his fucking due. The kid has come a long way from a late 1st round pick to one of the best pgs in the league today. While I do agree Duncan helps out alot, Parker is fucking talented and is having his best season yet at the age of 24.

DirkAB
11-10-2006, 03:35 PM
Yes fucking way. Stop hating the Spurs for a second and give Parker his fucking due. The kid has come a long way from a late 1st round pick to one of the best pgs in the league today. While I do agree Duncan helps out alot, Parker is fucking talented and is having his best season yet at the age of 24.

I'll give Parker his due, but I'm not going to make a ridiculous statement saying he's better than Paul. Paul is probably the 2nd best PG in the league right now, Parker is maybe top 5, and that could be a stretch.

Dirk Nowitzki
11-10-2006, 03:52 PM
I'll give Parker his due, but I'm not going to make a ridiculous statement saying he's better than Paul. Paul is probably the 2nd best PG in the league right now, Parker is maybe top 5, and that could be a stretch.

:rolleyes Stop sucking Chris "I havent won anything" Pauls dick. Parker has proven much more then Paul has. When Paul actually makes the playoffs and does something in the postseason come back and talk to me. Lets already say Dwight Howard is better then Duncan or Lebron is better then Wade or Kobe even though they havent won shit. And dont even put Paul over Billups. God he is getting his cock sucked way too much around here it is sickening.

~~Ice Man 2000~~
11-10-2006, 04:12 PM
CP3 is the best young PASS FIRST pg

DirkAB
11-10-2006, 04:15 PM
:rolleyes Stop sucking Chris "I havent won anything" Pauls dick. Parker has proven much more then Paul has. When Paul actually makes the playoffs and does something in the postseason come back and talk to me. Lets already say Dwight Howard is better then Duncan or Lebron is better then Wade or Kobe even though they havent won shit. And dont even put Paul over Billups. God he is getting his cock sucked way too much around here it is sickening.

By you making a parallel between Howard v. Duncan and Paul v. Parker truly shows how fucking stupid you are. Howard will never be as good as Duncan has been, and Paul is already better than Parker, and Parker is in the prime of his career and Paul isn't. When Paul gets to play for a coach like Popavich or Larry Brown with players that have surrounded Billups and Parker, then run your mouth. Until then I'd quit slurping players like Billups and Parker, who are very good players, for being fortunate enough to play with great players for a great coach. By your logic Bowen is better than LeBron because he has the hardware.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-10-2006, 04:16 PM
I don't give a fuck if y'all say Chris Paul is better than Tony. Paul can dish it better, but there's no one who can drive in like TPark.

DirkAB
11-10-2006, 04:19 PM
no one who can drive in like TPark.

Except Chris Paul.

stretch
11-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Agreed. Paul has been in the lottery while Parker has not. Parker also has 2 rings and literally carried yall while Duncan was injured most of last year. Fact remains Parker is the 3rd best pg in the league behind Nash and Billups.
that reply alone shows how much of a fucking retard you are you stupid piece of horseshit. Paul is only in his second fucking year you dipshit. Parker has had the greatest PF of all time carrying his ass year after year. Parker finally had a good year last year, but he did not carry the Spurs. without Duncan in there, the Spurs would have been probably a 7th or 8th seed. last i checked, it wasnt Parker who was able to carry the Spurs to 7 games against the Mavs, it was Duncan's incredible dominance, while Parker was very quiet for the series. without Tim Duncan, Tony Parker is just an above-average PG, only because of his incredible speed. if it werent for his speed, hes definitely below average.

stretch
11-10-2006, 04:28 PM
By you making a parallel between Howard v. Duncan and Paul v. Parker truly shows how fucking stupid you are. Howard will never be as good as Duncan has been, and Paul is already better than Parker, and Parker is in the prime of his career and Paul isn't. When Paul gets to play for a coach like Popavich or Larry Brown with players that have surrounded Billups and Parker, then run your mouth. Until then I'd quit slurping players like Billups and Parker, who are very good players, for being fortunate enough to play with great players for a great coach. By your logic Bowen is better than LeBron because he has the hardware.
agreed, 100%.

stretch
11-10-2006, 04:30 PM
I don't give a fuck if y'all say Chris Paul is better than Tony. Paul can dish it better, but there's no one who can drive in like TPark.
how many PG's have Tim Duncan drawing triple teams and opening lanes for them? swap Paul and Parker, and the Spurs win 4 or 5 straight titles.

dirk4mvp
11-10-2006, 04:33 PM
He's a man among boys. Put Paul where Nash is now, and he'd probably avg 20 assists a game.

DirkAB
11-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Not only has Parker benefited from Duncan, but he also has been surrounded by probably the best 3 pointing shooting team in the league for past few years. When you have one the best post players (if not the best) in the league in addition to a roster full of sharpshooters you are going to have open lanes and assists galore. Parker is a perfect fit in San Antonio and is a terrific player, but he's not Chris Paul. I wonder how many wins the Hornets would have had last year with Parker running the show? Not many.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-10-2006, 04:39 PM
that reply alone shows how much of a fucking retard you are you stupid piece of horseshit. Paul is only in his second fucking year you dipshit. Parker has had the greatest PF of all time carrying his ass year after year. Parker finally had a good year last year, but he did not carry the Spurs. without Duncan in there, the Spurs would have been probably a 7th or 8th seed. last i checked, it wasnt Parker who was able to carry the Spurs to 7 games against the Mavs, it was Duncan's incredible dominance, while Parker was very quiet for the series. without Tim Duncan, Tony Parker is just an above-average PG, only because of his incredible speed. if it werent for his speed, hes definitely below average.
Really?

DirkAB
11-10-2006, 04:44 PM
He's a man among boys. Put Paul where Nash is now, and he'd probably avg 20 assists a game.

How do you figure that? Come on, that's kooky talk.

dirk4mvp
11-10-2006, 04:48 PM
How do you figure that? Come on, that's kooky talk.

Alright, I might've stretched it a little bit, but there's no denying he would do just as good a job as Nash, if not better.

monosylab1k
11-10-2006, 04:51 PM
:rolleyes Stop sucking Chris "I havent won anything" Pauls dick.

jesus you have unreasonable standards. he's only in his second season, and he didn't luck out by getting onto a team featuring the best basketball player since jordan.

DirkAB
11-10-2006, 04:54 PM
Alright, I might've stretched it a little bit, but there's no denying he would do just as good a job as Nash, if not better.

Again, that is a ridiculous statement to make. Paul wouldn't do as well as Nash does in that system because he can't shoot like Nash. Actually, Nash is the system, he makes that system go like nobody else could.

ceds
11-11-2006, 05:24 AM
Bryon is a one trick pony coach who made his living off Kidd and now Paul

The point constantly pushes the ball and if anyone else wants a touch they have to run hard and try to keep up. Im not saying he's a better player then CP3 but Parker would have mvp numbers playing on that team.

Dro210
11-11-2006, 01:49 PM

Nah man... It goes like this...

Nash, Paul (Arenas tied w/ Paul if you consider him a PG, I do), and Parker... Billups ain't seein none of those guys, and you know it.

TDMVPDPOY
11-11-2006, 01:54 PM
you fucks forgot one thing

beno udrih>god>cp3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>spurs starting pg

Leetonidas
11-11-2006, 02:21 PM
While I do agree that Paul is a better pure point guard than Tony, he is not a better overall. Tony Parker is incredibly fast, he can shoot now, and he is one of the best finishers around the rim. Using the "He has Duncan playing next to him" excuse is horseshit. It's not like Jason Williams or Derek Fisher were awesome playing next to one of the greatest centers ever. Like someone said, if you were to put Tony on the Hornets and switch Paul over here, Tony would be putting up MVP numbers. I don't think Paul would fit into the Spurs' system very well.

In 3 years I'd take Paul probably over anyone outside of LeBron, but for now, I'd stick with Tony.

TDMVPDPOY
11-11-2006, 02:26 PM
While I do agree that Paul is a better pure point guard than Tony, he is not a better overall. Tony Parker is incredibly fast, he can shoot now, and he is one of the best finishers around the rim. Using the "He has Duncan playing next to him" excuse is horseshit. It's not like Jason Williams or Derek Fisher were awesome playing next to one of the greatest centers ever. Like someone said, if you were to put Tony on the Hornets and switch Paul over here, Tony would be putting up MVP numbers. I don't think Paul would fit into the Spurs' system very well.

In 3 years I'd take Paul probably over anyone outside of LeBron, but for now, I'd stick with Tony.

cp3 on spurs team = tim duncan more fuckn touches none of this 4-1 down bs motion crap pop runs with tp, hence we see duncan postin up MVP numbers or a player that should postin up prime numbers.

Leetonidas
11-11-2006, 02:29 PM
cp3 on spurs team = tim duncan more fuckn touches none of this 4-1 down bs motion crap pop runs with tp, hence we see duncan postin up MVP numbers or a player that should postin up prime numbers.

The 4 down offense is mainly run through Tim Duncan dude. You know, where Tim gets the ball, and everyone stands around? Tony Parker gives plenty of touches to Tim. It's not Tim's job to just score, but to also regulate passing and shooting. Many times he'll get double teamed and pass to Tony for an open jumpshot, like the back to back threes against Phoenix.

Sense
11-11-2006, 03:38 PM
The Hornets go to guy is CP3... the spurs dont need Parker as much as we have other ppl to go to..

that is why he's being hyped so much... parker could do the same if he was in the position...

PaceMonster
11-12-2006, 12:20 PM
Chris Paul is owning the NBA in his 2nd season....now while you're comparing Parker and CP3 lets not forget Chris Paul is a sophomore and Parker is entering his 5th year....while i do think that the Spurs will be a much better team with Paul at point, Parker has done alot for the Spurs when Duncan was injured. He is important to the Spurs but if you put him on the Hornets, his #'s drop significantly.

Leetonidas
11-12-2006, 12:27 PM
Chris Paul is owning the NBA in his 2nd season....now while you're comparing Parker and CP3 lets not forget Chris Paul is a sophomore and Parker is entering his 5th year....while i do think that the Spurs will be a much better team with Paul at point, Parker has done alot for the Spurs when Duncan was injured. He is important to the Spurs but if you put him on the Hornets, his #'s drop significantly.

I disagree. I think Tony's numbers would go up, and he'd be averaging around 28 points per game because there he'd be the number one option.

You can't really tell though because the systems are different. Pop likes that Tony is a scoring point guard who can dish out assists but Paul is more of an assist man although he can score. I don't really think Paul would be better than Tony in the Spurs' system.

TDMVPDPOY
11-12-2006, 12:41 PM
even deron williams is havin a good year with the jazz

shaggy17
11-12-2006, 02:53 PM

:lmao :lmao as much as I do agree Paul is a better pg then Parker and you chewing out another mavs fan, if you are going to use the what if card then im gonna throw my share of what ifs. If Harris didnt have speed he would be well below average, if JET didnt have a jumpshot he would be a scrub, if Dirk wasnt a great shooter he would be an average role player. See where this "What if" card goes now? If you hate Parker that is one thing but if you dont think he is a top 5-10 pg in this league that is another thing. Does Duncan make his job easier? Fuck yeah he does, but it still does not take away that Parker is a legitmate all star in this league today. Why dont you go break some car windows and rob some 7-11 stores with your Oakland Raider buddies. I mean it is game/riot day in Oakland isnt it? :)

picnroll
11-12-2006, 03:07 PM
I think we're reaching a point where it's Parker and his play that is making Duncan's job easier. Paul is a great young player, and a better true PG than Parker, but Parker's continual growth has been amazing. Every year he goes out and adds the weapon he needs to move to the next level. First tear drop, then the ability to use both hands around the basket and have ridiculously good footwork in the paint where he's able to get shots off against bigs even better than Duncan. Now a mid-range jumpshot he can stroke with the best of them. Any doubt he'll add an effective three, a quick pull up J? Parker will enter his glory years in a year or so and his glory years will be as a solid PG who can also take over a game offensively at near will. He's almost there.

I'll take either Paul or Parker, thanks.

And the Mavs' fans talking about Devin Harris and Parker in the same sentence this summer. lmfao

stretch
11-12-2006, 04:06 PM
:lmao :lmao as much as I do agree Paul is a better pg then Parker and you chewing out another mavs fan, if you are going to use the what if card then im gonna throw my share of what ifs. If Harris didnt have speed he would be well below average, if JET didnt have a jumpshot he would be a scrub, if Dirk wasnt a great shooter he would be an average role player. See where this "What if" card goes now? If you hate Parker that is one thing but if you dont think he is a top 5-10 pg in this league that is another thing. Does Duncan make his job easier? Fuck yeah he does, but it still does not take away that Parker is a legitmate all star in this league today. Why dont you go break some car windows and rob some 7-11 stores with your Oakland Raider buddies. I mean it is game/riot day in Oakland isnt it? :)
im not gunna lie, that fan is a total fucking retard. i dont care if we are fans of the same team. i cant stand ignorant morons.

and okay, yea, i get your "what if" thing. i still dont agree that he is a legitimate all-star unless he has duncan. and even with Duncan, i dont think he is a legitimate all-star. i think other players were more deserving of a spot on the all-star team. Carmello is by far a better player than Parker. Mike Bibby IMO was more deserving than Parker. Parker had nice stats, but they were just as good as Bibby's and Carmello's were at the time (except for FG%, which is LARGELY a result of Duncan's presence). however, Bibby and Carmello dont have other stars carrying their team. they WERE the stars.

picnroll
11-12-2006, 04:45 PM
This guy Stretch is some tool. Parker's stats are not a result of Duncan. Duncan sets picks but Rasho actually set better picks. Duncan clogs the lane because that's where he lives, near the post. Duncan has an inconsistent outside shot so he doesn't get Parker the easy assists on the kick and drive, unlike say West who has a money outside shot that gets Paul quite a few easy assists. And when Parker does dish it to Duncan he rarely goes up right away but usually goes into moves, puts the ball on the floor, takes the assist away. The "Duncan makes Parker" is for retards who know nothing. If other than the Spurs with Duncan, Parker was on a team where they ran more, where they had more of an offensive mindset, where they were more dependent on his scoring he'd be averaging 25+ points and still be over .500 FG%.

DirkAB
11-12-2006, 05:21 PM
Anybody that truly believes that Parker hasn't benefited tremendously from being surrounded by the best 3-point shooting team in the league and Tim Duncan is ignorant. I would never claim that Parker hasn't helped Duncan and those 3-point shooters out as well, because that is what a good PG does.....and that's exactly what Parker is. The thing is Paul would do a better job of setting up Duncan and the outside shooters on the Spurs, IMO.

Whoever claimed that Parker would average 28 ppg on the Hornets is a clueless moron. When you are surrounded by great shooters that can't be left open and a big guy that demands double teams your assists and points are going to skyrocket. Don't ever underestimate how much better Parkers supporting cast is. IMO, Parker would average a shade over 20 ppg and 4-5 apg as a Hornet, and Paul would average 20 ppg and 10 apg as a Spur.

Leetonidas
11-12-2006, 06:24 PM
Whoever claimed that Parker would average 28 ppg on the Hornets is a clueless moron. When you are surrounded by great shooters that can't be left open and a big guy that demands double teams your assists and points are going to skyrocket. Don't ever underestimate how much better Parkers supporting cast is. IMO, Parker would average a shade over 20 ppg and 4-5 apg as a Hornet, and Paul would average 20 ppg and 10 apg as a Spur.

Great shooters? The only consistent 3pt shooters the Spurs have are Brent and Bowen. Michael Finley has been very streaky and Manu has been completely off. It can be argued that with David West and Peja, Parker could do the same because West has a better touch on the top of the key than Duncan and Peja is one of the premier 3pt shooters in the league. Besides, Tony Parker is not the first option on the Spurs, whereas he would be on the Hornets, and seeing as how he averages 22+ right now, why would it be inconcieveable to think that he couldn't average 3 more made shots in NO? Why don't you try to think things through a little more before you call someone names, jackass.

stretch
11-12-2006, 08:18 PM
This guy Stretch is some tool. Parker's stats are not a result of Duncan. Duncan sets picks but Rasho actually set better picks. Duncan clogs the lane because that's where he lives, near the post. Duncan has an inconsistent outside shot so he doesn't get Parker the easy assists on the kick and drive, unlike say West who has a money outside shot that gets Paul quite a few easy assists. And when Parker does dish it to Duncan he rarely goes up right away but usually goes into moves, puts the ball on the floor, takes the assist away. The "Duncan makes Parker" is for retards who know nothing. If other than the Spurs with Duncan, Parker was on a team where they ran more, where they had more of an offensive mindset, where they were more dependent on his scoring he'd be averaging 25+ points and still be over .500 FG%.
if people werent so focused on doubling and tripling duncan, there is no way in hell Parker would average 25 ppg and over 50% shooting. parker folds under pressure. when teams actually double team him the way they do other stars in the league, he crumbles. they rarely get a chance to though, because of other things the Spurs do so well, especially having Duncan in the middle. more often than not, when teams apply pressure on him, he makes very bad desicions, turns the ball over, and misses all kinds of shots.

DirkAB
11-12-2006, 08:48 PM
Great shooters? The only consistent 3pt shooters the Spurs have are Brent and Bowen. Michael Finley has been very streaky and Manu has been completely off. It can be argued that with David West and Peja, Parker could do the same because West has a better touch on the top of the key than Duncan and Peja is one of the premier 3pt shooters in the league. Besides, Tony Parker is not the first option on the Spurs, whereas he would be on the Hornets, and seeing as how he averages 22+ right now, why would it be inconcieveable to think that he couldn't average 3 more made shots in NO? Why don't you try to think things through a little more before you call someone names, jackass.

28 ppg? You're the jackass. Why couldn't he score that much? He doesn't have the leagues best post player drawing double and triple teams in N.O., Paul is the one drawing double teams in N.O. Do you really think that Parker could score that much as the primary defensive target on a team? Not shortrun, but for a whole season. Parker is averaging over 20 after 6 games so you can't use that as a bench mark for what he would do over a season on a different team, after he does that for a season then you can talk.

And you don't think that the Spurs are the best 3pt shooting team that last 3 or so seasons? Come and get real. Bowen, Barry, Horry, and Manu!!!!!! Who did Paul have shooting the 3 last season?

stretch
11-12-2006, 11:37 PM
28 ppg? You're the jackass. Why couldn't he score that much? He doesn't have the leagues best post player drawing double and triple teams in N.O., Paul is the one drawing double teams in N.O. Do you really think that Parker could score that much as the primary defensive target on a team? Not shortrun, but for a whole season. Parker is averaging over 20 after 6 games so you can't use that as a bench mark for what he would do over a season on a different team, after he does that for a season then you can talk.

And you don't think that the Spurs are the best 3pt shooting team that last 3 or so seasons? Come and get real. Bowen, Barry, Horry, and Manu!!!!!! Who did Paul have shooting the 3 last season?
its nice to see someone that knows how much help Parker truly gets from Duncan.

and while i dont agree that the Spurs are, or have been the best 3pt shooting team, they do hit the open ones, and a lot of big ones, which is what matters most. mainly, they hit them because of defenses that are drawn inside too much by Duncan, and whomever the penetrator is, which basically means 3 or 4 defenders are on the inside (1 on the driver, 2 or 3 on Duncan) so they get a lot of wide open 3's.

MrChug
11-13-2006, 01:49 AM
:lmao Anyone who ACTUALLY POSTED in this thread deserves to die. The arguments spit here are fucking retarded. Wait...did Ijust post in this thread?? I did. Excuse me, I'm about to go OFF myself...*step step step cock the gun and...BAM!!!*