PDA

View Full Version : Tux 'N' Tennies :: February 3

spurschick
11-10-2006, 04:18 PM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/community/tnt_2007.html

Tux ’n Tennies To Be Held February 3rd

The Tux ‘N Tennies Dinner and Auction, presented by Southwest Business Corporation, is an annual favorite for Spurs fans and sports enthusiasts of all kinds. It is also the largest fundraiser of the year for the Spurs Foundation, netting more than $400,000 in 2006. Guests have the opportunity to mingle with Spurs players, bid on silent and live auction items, dance, and enjoy games and live music.

rasho8
11-10-2006, 07:47 PM
Tux and tennies is fun.. Im going to try to get a table this year.

angel_luv
11-11-2006, 12:03 AM
I wish I could go. I am nearly positive the event is the same night as the rodeo opener at the AT&T Center.
If that is the case, no way I am off. :(

angel_luv
02-01-2007, 01:00 AM
Anyone going?
http://www.woai.com/mostpopular/story.aspx?content_id=4207322e-5b46-4b30-ab9d-8fcf9cfe1e07

Spurs Foundation's 19th Annual Charity Dinner and Auction

This Saturday evening, the San Antonio Spurs players and coaching staff along with more than 1,000 friends of the Spurs Foundation will be dressed comfortably in their formal attire - and tennies - for the Spurs Foundation's 19th Annual Tux 'N Tennies Dinner and Auction, presented by Southwest Business Corporation.

The event, an annual favorite for Spurs fans and sports enthusiasts of all kinds, is the Spurs Foundation's largest fundraiser of the year. Guests are encouraged to wear their favorite tennis shoes and their formal attire for an evening of dinner, dancing, special video presentations and live and silent auctions containing more than 350 items. This year's event will be emceed by Spurs Broadcaster Sean Elliott and WOAI Sports Anchor Don Harris.

Auction items for this year's event include one of a kind autographed sports collectibles (including a signed Peyton Manning jersey- Timmy won't want that :lol ), as well as plenty of non-sports items including a Nordstrom shopping spree, trips to Europe, Mexico, Hawaii, San Francisco, Seattle, Toronto :eyebrows and more. Up for bid also is a dinner with Spurs players, Spurs pool and ping-pong tables, a private jet trip, and even a custom Spurs pedal car for your little one!

The highlight of the evening is the auctioning of a 2007 Black JEEP Compass Sport courtesy of Brown Dodge Chrysler Jeep.

Proceeds benefit the non-profit Spurs Foundation, which is funded solely through fundraisers and donations that are reinvested into the San Antonio community in the form of grants, scholarships, recreational and educational programs and community tickets. The Spurs Foundation was founded in 1988 by the San Antonio Spurs to support physically, emotionally, and economically underserved youth in South Texas. Since its formation, the Foundation has donated more than $11 million in cash and in-kind donations to area youth organizations.

Saturday, February 3, 2007
6:00 p.m. - Reception and Silent Auction
7:30 p.m. - Dinner, Silent & Live Auctions and Evening Program
Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center- Ballroom C

ploto
02-01-2007, 01:04 AM
I have no idea why they are having it so early and in conflict with the rodeo. People who go each year aren't even thinking about it yet.

Kori Ellis
02-01-2007, 01:06 AM
I have no idea why they are having it so early and in conflict with the rodeo. People who go each year aren't even thinking about it yet.

When is it usually? Mid March?

ploto
02-01-2007, 01:07 AM
When is it usually? Mid March?
It's been in March for as long as I can remember. I completely forgot it was even this weekend until I saw this now. I guess with this long break at home, it fits the schedule the best. Last year was really bad scheduling-- the night before a day game.