turambar85
11-10-2006, 05:50 PM
I am calling it right now.

Joe Lieberman

v

John McCain

Ocotillo
11-10-2006, 05:56 PM
Which one is the Democrat or do you think they will sit the race out?

clambake
11-10-2006, 06:35 PM
Sure, Lieberman as US pres. would be a huge hit in the middle east.

Bob Lanier
11-10-2006, 07:35 PM
Which presidency are we talking about here?

Joe Lieberman is less likeable than John Kerry or George W. Bush and John McCain is less electable than Hillary Clinton. If you think that either of them has a chance of winning their party's primaries, you're :drunk .

(Edit: I stand by my statement that McCain won't make it through the GOP primary, if he's still alive by then - but at this point there are no superior candidates I've heard of. Frist permanently ruined his credibility during the Schiavo joke; Allen his by choking away reelection; Guiliani is practically an anarcho-communist radical socially by Republican standards [and was a shit mayor of NYC besides]; Willard Romney is a Mormon [and was a shit governor besides]... But assuming the GOP does find someone, somewhere, the theocratic/racist/red-state-welfare culture-warriors will eat McCain alive, and if by some miracle he makes it past that gauntlet Americans will discover just how far right he really is.

And Joementum is a Joeke. I don't think I have to explain why.)

I'd put odds on #1 Al Gore, #2 Jeb Bush, and #3 Bill Richardson.

Kathleen Sebelius will get the Democratic VP nod unless Hillary somehow becomes their candidate.

AFBlue
11-13-2006, 10:26 AM
Which presidency are we talking about here?

Joe Lieberman is less likeable than John Kerry or George W. Bush and John McCain is less electable than Hillary Clinton. If you think that either of them has a chance of winning their party's primaries, you're :drunk .

I agree with your premise that neither has a good chance to make it through their primaries, but it says nothing about their electability (is that a word?). In regards to John McCain, I believe he would resonate with a majority of the american people, but the problem is that he doesn't resonate with his own party...a key to winning the primary.

The name of the game is to nominate a "real" republican and democrat, then convince the American public that they're "really not THAT conservative/liberal". The problem with McCain is that he's truly not that conservative and that would bother the "real" republican party.

Oh and Joe Lieberman wouldn't get nominated b/c he's unbearable...AND because he's truly not that liberal.

boutons_
11-13-2006, 11:27 AM
"John McCain, I believe he would resonate with a majority of the american people"

He's radical right, and America just kicked radical-right dubya in the balls. Just because McCain can speak English better than dubya doesn't mean he's more acceptable, except to the sheeple.

xrayzebra
11-13-2006, 11:32 AM
A little scenario. Or a "What If". Joe Liberman becomes a Republican and runs
as the Republican candidate for President. Now there's a thought?

He is now calling himself an Independent Democrat. His words: Capitalize
the "I" and "D". And said he is willing to talk to the Republicans.....you
just never know.

clambake
11-13-2006, 11:35 AM
A thought that needs to be suppressed.

JohnnyMarzetti
11-13-2006, 11:51 AM
McCain - Leiberman

but it'll never happen.

SA210
11-13-2006, 01:49 PM
John Edwards

AFBlue
11-13-2006, 04:05 PM
"John McCain, I believe he would resonate with a majority of the american people"

He's radical right, and America just kicked radical-right dubya in the balls. Just because McCain can speak English better than dubya doesn't mean he's more acceptable, except to the sheeple.

Are we talking about the same guy here? The idea of McCain being a conservative isn't wrong, and he did tow the party line on a few issues, but I would never confuse John McCain for a member of the "radical right". He has spoken out against the mainstream republican party on a number of issues that had many people calling for him to switch parties or run as an independant.

Radically Wrong Boutons.

Nbadan
11-13-2006, 04:30 PM
I think Boutons was referring to McCain's penchant for bending over that taking it in the arse when it came to his obedient voting record in the Senate, despite his critical rhetoric. Also, McCain has been courting James Dobson and the Terry Shaivo crowd.

Nbadan
11-13-2006, 04:37 PM
It's gotta be Guiliani and.....hummmm.....don't know, but keep your republican-colored specs on Rudy.