PDA

View Full Version : Nets are a Letdown

1Parker1
11-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Has any other team with so much upside/potential been such a letdown these past 3 seasons, as the NJ Nets have been? You'd think with the trio of Jefferson, Kidd, and Carter, with a nice center in Kristic and a decent coach in Lawrence Frank this team would do better than they have been. Yet it seems like they constantly underperform every year.

:dramaquee

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-10-2006, 11:17 PM
Absolutely NO BENCH.

Yes, their starters look good, but the moment they have to go to any depth they look like an NBDL team.

I feel sorry for Kidd, who is such a brilliant and selfless player, but will probably not win a ring unless he does it as after a trade to a contender, and I don't think the Nets will trade him. Maybe he'll get lucky like GP and win one as a backup.

freedom&justice
11-11-2006, 01:22 AM
Aside from having no bench to speak of, the nets don't seem to know how to properly protect a lead nor know how to close out a game..a lot like the suns of recent memory. They had this game against the heat in their pockets but they let the heat come back (very quickly, too) and they ended up choking it all away.

PaceMonster
11-11-2006, 10:59 AM
Actaully the Nets have a really good team. They have only struggled vs the Heat. They gave an amazing Utah Jazz team their firt loss(something Phoenix, Detriot, and Houston couldnt accomplish) and beat an OK Raptors team...i dont know why but they always struggle against the Heat....other than that i think they are a really good team

TDMVPDPOY
11-11-2006, 11:11 AM
they need a bench and krystic is better of playin PF....

NBA Junkie
11-11-2006, 11:26 AM
Richard Jefferson going down in the fourth quarter changed the momentum of the game.

IMO, he is the X factor if the Nets win or lose.