PDA

View Full Version : Bynum is a monster!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-10-2006, 11:14 PM
This kid will be a 15/10 guy by next year, maybe even later this year. He has great quickness, footwork and hands, good instincts, very impressive.

Other players I'm impressed with in the early going are Kevin Martin (but we all knew he'd blossom this year), Luke Walton (great all-around game, v high ball IQ) and Ronny Turiaf (for one game at least, he looked like Big Dog Carr!).

Worst signing of the summer has to be Vlad Rad to the Lakers - why pay him so much when you aleady have Walton? He's being paid as a starter for rotation minutes, does the same things as Brian Cook but not as well, and looks decidedly average in yellow.

TDMVPDPOY
11-10-2006, 11:15 PM
dude is a scrub, but his better than the overpaid scrub in NY name eddy curry who was pwned by yaoza

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-10-2006, 11:18 PM
Take another look, seriously. He's a lot better than you think. ANd he's 19!

Kareem has been teaching him how to play, and you can really see the difference.

z0sa
11-10-2006, 11:40 PM
Bynum reminds me alot of a skinnier shaq minus college.

ponky
11-11-2006, 01:59 AM
i'm glad i bought him way early for two of my fantasy teams...his value has skyrocketed the last week

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
11-11-2006, 03:29 AM
I could tell Bynum was going to be a stud last year, during a game against the Heat, he and shaq went at eachother for a few plays in a row then it ended in a shoving match

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
11-11-2006, 04:42 AM
I could tell Bynum was going to be a stud last year, during a game against the Heat, he and shaq went at eachother for a few plays in a row then it ended in a shoving match
I didn't like that, he came off an immature brat in that stupid tussle.

On the other hand, it was a sweet move that young Shaq used to pull, and Shaq felt embarassed after that.

This kid will be good if he's smart enough and can learn from Kareem. Otherwise, if he remains dumb, he won't go too far.

whottt
11-11-2006, 10:39 AM
Kid can do it all...

He's agressive, he's got post moves, a j, pretty good handle, wide base, great hands, even hits his FT's.

Already a great shotblocker. He can get up in the air a lot better than you would think he could from looking at him run and move. And he's long.

He's already as big as a house and he's still growing.

He's going to be stud. Going to be one of the all time greats IMO.

I have been looking for his weaknesses and, other than the obvious inexperience, he's only got one physically, he's pretty slow.

He may end up Shaq size(or bigger) while not being a stiff, but he's not ever going to have that power(especially dunking) that Shaq had...

whottt
11-11-2006, 10:40 AM
Bynum reminds me alot of a skinnier shaq minus college.

I don't think he's skinnier than Shaq was at 19...he goes 285 right now.

I think he's going to be bigger than Shaq...

But he'll never have Shaq's athleticism....but I think he might end up being a lot more skilled, he's got a better J than Shaq does now.

whottt
11-11-2006, 10:44 AM
By the way....his idol is Tim Duncan.

TDMVPDPOY
11-11-2006, 11:12 AM
By the way....his idol is Tim Duncan.

wheres the proof?

whottt
11-11-2006, 12:10 PM
wheres the proof?

Right here douchebag (http://www.google.com/)

boutons_
11-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Shaq in late teens, like Bynum now:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/features/shaq/timeline/1/shaq03_lg-01.jpg

http://i16.ebayimg.com/04/i/08/c5/13/95_1.JPG

TDMVPDPOY
11-11-2006, 12:44 PM
is that eric montross?

ajh18
11-11-2006, 01:16 PM
wheres the proof?

Try this:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA113005.8C.BKNspurs.lakers.bynum.e0dc276.html

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-11-2006, 06:39 PM
Kid can do it all...

He's agressive, he's got post moves, a j, pretty good handle, wide base, great hands, even hits his FT's.

Already a great shotblocker. He can get up in the air a lot better than you would think he could from looking at him run and move. And he's long.

He's already as big as a house and he's still growing.

He's going to be stud. Going to be one of the all time greats IMO.

I have been looking for his weaknesses and, other than the obvious inexperience, he's only got one physically, he's pretty slow.

He may end up Shaq size(or bigger) while not being a stiff, but he's not ever going to have that power(especially dunking) that Shaq had...

Exactly, except this year I have been surprised by his quickness around the basket. Last year he was very slow, but this year he looks far quicker around the key. Maybe he's been running some tennis quick reaction drills.

boutons_
11-11-2006, 06:44 PM
"his quickness around the basket"

He's very aggressive in getting his shot off. I saw some highlights where he scored from 3 ft and closer over a forest outstretched hands and defenders. In another year or two, he could be getting as unstoppable as Amare in that range.

dallasmavsnfuego214
11-11-2006, 07:17 PM
Bynum reminds me a bunch like Duncan.

more athletic, but less basketball knowledge (obviously). he will be a good player

MrChug
11-12-2006, 10:01 AM
He lacks alot of true athleticism. Sometimes it looks like he's lugging around cinderblocks for feet, but his instincts are good. Kareem's shown him alot of the little tricks that Ewing couldn't teach Yao to get his shot off and create. I'm proud of him and want to see him succeed.