PDA

View Full Version : Who's better?...Holt or Harrison?

NBA Junkie
11-11-2006, 11:21 AM
Now before you start laughing this off, this is a topic that has been broached on a few other forums that I've visited.

Both are very valuable receivers on their teams. Unlike most of the high profile guys, both are sure handed. Holt's numbers over the last couple years have been comparable, even better than that of Harrison's. An argument could be raised that Torry Holt might be the most underrated WR in the game.

In my view, I'd give the edge to Harrison simply because most of his catches are usually clutch third down receptions that keep drives alive and he is more of a complete receiver. Holt has the edge in YAC and is more of a deep threat. Otherwise, I think Harrison is the better receiver running his routes of the two.

Is Holt better because he doesn't have Peyton Manning throwing to him or do you still give the edge to Harrison?

JMarkJohns
11-11-2006, 11:58 AM
They are 1 and 1.b at running routes. I don't think you can say there is anyone better than the pair, and of the pair, I'm not sure you can, with any certainty, pick who's best.

I think Holt is probably slightly better because Bulger is not Manning. If the roles were switched, I'm quite sure Holt would be consistantly mentioned amongst the greatest to ever play. He's got it all. Great speed, great timing, great hands and is bigger than Harrison.

I like Harrison a lot, but if I was choosing one or the other, it'd be Holt, followed by Harrison. Come to think of it, That would probably be how I choose amongst all the receivers. Holt, then Harrison, then Smith, then Bolden, then Owens... I like Bolden over Owens because he takes hits across the middle and rarely drops a pass. Plus he's not a cancer...

mikejones99
11-11-2006, 01:58 PM
Rod Smith?

mardigan
11-11-2006, 02:33 PM
Ill take Marquis Colston

mikejones99
11-11-2006, 03:09 PM
Randy Moss if he had a QB

dirk4mvp
11-11-2006, 06:39 PM
Randy Moss if he had a QB

Holt or Harrison>>>Moss

No matter who's the QB.

dallasmavsnfuego214
11-11-2006, 07:28 PM
They are 1 and 1.b at running routes. I don't think you can say there is anyone better than the pair, and of the pair, I'm not sure you can, with any certainty, pick who's best.

I think Holt is probably slightly better because Bulger is not Manning. If the roles were switched, I'm quite sure Holt would be consistantly mentioned amongst the greatest to ever play. He's got it all. Great speed, great timing, great hands and is bigger than Harrison.

I like Harrison a lot, but if I was choosing one or the other, it'd be Holt, followed by Harrison. Come to think of it, That would probably be how I choose amongst all the receivers. Holt, then Harrison, then Smith, then Bolden, then Owens... I like Bolden over Owens because he takes hits across the middle and rarely drops a pass. Plus he's not a cancer...

Anquain Boldin??????????????????????????

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

JMarkJohns
11-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Anquain Boldin??????????????????????????

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Are you laughing because I misspelled his name or for the choice of him over Owens? By the way, since we're being nitpicky, it's grammatically incorrect to use 26 question marks, even when using that many adds emphasis to the question...

As for my pick of Boldin over Owens...

He missed two games last year and was still within 150 yards of leading the league in yardage and is typically (when healthy) good for 8 a year. He's big, fearless and racks up yards after the catch better than most. They've even used him as a receiving, Westbrook-type of RB last year because of his ability to break tackles.

Excluding the injury-plagued, QB-less 2004 season, Boldin has averaged 87.4 yards per game (83.5 even with) and in the 38 games (again, not counting 2004) Boldin has 18 touchdowns, an average almost 9 per season. With bum QB's like Shaun King and Josh McNown and old/hurt or young/inconsistant QB's like Warner and Leinart.

You put Bolden with a Peyton, McNabb, Bulger or Brees type of QB and he leads the league in receiving and tallies 10+ touchdowns a year. No question.

The yards per game is more than Owens of 74.0, who played with two pro-bowl QB's in their prime (Garcia, McNabb) which obviously benefitted him with touchdowns. True, Warner was a pro-bowl QB at one point, but so was Bledsoe, so it would still benenfit Owens amongst QB's.

BTW, I said all that to say this...

Do you mean Anquan? Just wondering since you typed "Anquain" :lol

Slinkyman
11-11-2006, 09:35 PM
TO is so much better then boldin, he never chokes under pressure.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20061105/capt.ed9cc7e745974259a9d16ba4d6faaede.cowboys_reds kins_football_fdx208.jpg

dirk4mvp
11-11-2006, 09:38 PM
TO is so much better then boldin, he never chokes under pressure.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20061105/capt.ed9cc7e745974259a9d16ba4d6faaede.cowboys_reds kins_football_fdx208.jpg

I thought he caught that?:lmao

Harrison has glue hands. :fro

http://www.colts.com/images/news_photos/88_harrison%5C2006_1105_ne_183_macht.jpg

King
11-11-2006, 11:58 PM
Ill take Marquis Colston

Well that'd be stupid.

Fillmoe
11-12-2006, 12:55 PM
jerry rice >>>>>>>>>> all these fucking homos in the thread

dallaskd
11-12-2006, 05:52 PM
http://www.colts.com/images/news_photos/88_harrison%5C2006_1105_ne_183_macht.jpg

And he dropped that?

dirk4mvp
11-12-2006, 05:59 PM
And he dropped that?

No, that was one of, if not THE sickest catch of the season. It's the same catch that's in my sig.

mardigan
11-13-2006, 02:32 PM
Well that'd be stupid.
Stupid is you thinking I was serious

stretch
11-13-2006, 03:40 PM
In terms of pure talent...

Randy Moss
Plaxico Burress
Terrell Owens
Steve Smith
Torry Holt
Chad Johnson
Marvin Harrison

In terms of productivity...

Steve Smith - Never ceases to amaze. Very versatile.
Torry Holt - Consistently puts up great numbers, with a very average QB. Very hard worker.
Marvin Harrison - Most reliable reciever in the league.
Terrell Owens - Most well-rounded reciever in the league.
Chad Johnson - Versatile, reliable, tall, but a little less talented than some WRs.
Randy Moss - Most talented, but has a terrible QB that is constantly under relentless pressure due to horrific line.
Plaxico Burress - Very talented, but lazy as hell.

mardigan
11-13-2006, 03:50 PM
Heinz Ward I think might be the most well rounded receiver in the league, Fitzgerald and Boldin have disgusting talent, Andre Johnson might have more pure athletic talent than everyone, almost a much younger faster TO with better hands, its hard to argue with what Colston is doing this year, granted its only a year, but Holt really might be the best, its hard to argue with that whole list of yours