PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here a member of IGN.com?

MaNuMaNiAc
11-11-2006, 03:14 PM
I was wondering if someone that's a member could get me the pdf file for their FFXII strategy guide. I know the monthly fee is nothing, and I would defiantely pay it if I have a means to do so, but as of yet I don't. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smidepressed.gif

Squid
11-11-2006, 03:25 PM
Why don't you try gamefaqs.com? They have walk-throughs and such.

Squid
11-11-2006, 03:25 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/data/459841.html

MaNuMaNiAc
11-11-2006, 03:32 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/data/459841.html I've read them all, they are very incomplete, which you really can't blame them for since the game has been out for like a couple of weeks. There is the official strategy guide by Bradygames but as it turns out it doesn't sell outside the US, and the shipping costs alone are probably more than what the guide costs in the first place.

I'm looking for a semi complete to complete guide to the game

timvp
11-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Shii-i-ii-i-ii-it, strategy guides are for wusses. Beating an RPG with a strategy guide is like beating a blind man at basketball.

That said I haven't played an RPG in 7 or 8 years but still I give that a :td

MaNuMaNiAc
11-11-2006, 06:39 PM
Shii-i-ii-i-ii-it, strategy guides are for wusses. Beating an RPG with a strategy guide is like beating a blind man at basketball.

That said I haven't played an RPG in 7 or 8 years but still I give that a :tdwell thank you for that brilliant assesment. I've actually already beaten it without the guide, hence why I want the guide now for extra replay value.

xcoriate
11-11-2006, 11:19 PM

agreed 100%

Guides are lame.

TDMVPDPOY
11-12-2006, 12:21 AM
hey would you guys agree if squareenix can make a FF series base on mmorpg like WoW, wouldnt it be interesting?

only thing i hate about ff series is the summoning shit, always the same shit and long

Marklar MM
11-12-2006, 11:44 AM
hey would you guys agree if squareenix can make a FF series base on mmorpg like WoW, wouldnt it be interesting?

only thing i hate about ff series is the summoning shit, always the same shit and long

Ya I guess it would. But would FFXI classify as a mini mmorpg. I never played it becuase I do not believe I should be paying 10+ a month to play a game. But it would be sweet if they came out with a true mmorpg...I just don't want to pay for it.

greywheel
11-12-2006, 12:07 PM

At one point I would have agreed with you. Not today. RPGs used to more linear. Now they are more open.
But even with the more linear RPGs, programmers have gotten lazy. In the SNES days, if you were lost at what to do next, the games were better at providing clues. Now it seems they intentially hide crap in order to sell a strategy guide or make a game seem longer than it actually is. And since I don't have the time to track back to find that hidden door I missed, I will look up that single answer to move the game along.

Marklar MM
11-12-2006, 12:17 PM
I just use the damn things cuz I am to lazy to do everything by myself.(Usually for boss battles or miniquests...etc.)