PDA

View Full Version : Good Travel Websites

1Parker1
11-11-2006, 11:18 PM
My girlfriends and I are planning a trip to Miami this December and we're trying to find good hotel/plane deals. Anyone know of any good/cheap sites to look aside from the usual, Orbitz, Travelocity, etc.?

Pistons < Spurs
11-12-2006, 12:57 AM
My girlfriends and I are planning a trip to Miami this December

Am I invited?

Can I at least stalk you in South Beach?

2centsworth
11-12-2006, 09:17 PM
My girlfriends and I are planning a trip to Miami this December and we're trying to find good hotel/plane deals. Anyone know of any good/cheap sites to look aside from the usual, Orbitz, Travelocity, etc.?
Fly into Ft. Lauderdale and pay half the fair. Ft. Lauderdale isn't more than 1/2 hr away from Miami.

I'm not sure about hotel deals. I don't think there's such a thing in South Beach. Parking alone will run you $25 a day.

ALVAREZ6
11-12-2006, 09:52 PM
My girlfriends and I are planning a trip to Miami this December
Can I come?

1Parker1
11-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Am I invited?

Can I at least stalk you in South Beach?

Can I come?

:lol Sure, as long as you guys pay your own way there....

Marklar MM
11-12-2006, 10:00 PM
I expect you to fully document all the girl on girl action and report back to us. This isn't Vegas after all...what happens in South Beach, comes out South Beach.

1Parker1
11-12-2006, 10:02 PM
Update: We ended up finding a pretty decent deal from travelocity. I can't wait for this vacation! :elephant

Anyone here ever been to Miami/South Beach? Any reccomendations on places to go?

ALVAREZ6
11-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Anyone here ever been to Miami/South Beach? Any reccomendations on places to go?
No, but I have been dreaming to go to Miami for quite a while.

I'm thinking about going to the U for college actually.

Marklar MM
11-12-2006, 10:33 PM
No, but I have been dreaming to go to Miami for quite a while.

I'm thinking about going to the U for college actually.

The football team houses a bunch of thugs. They need Butch Davis back there.

angel_luv
11-13-2006, 11:22 AM
Update: We ended up finding a pretty decent deal from travelocity. I can't wait for this vacation! :elephant

Anywhere that sells a good souvenier for you to buy me. :)

:lol I keed. :)

1Parker1
11-13-2006, 11:31 AM
^:lol I'll send you a T-shirt that says I {heart} Miami

angel_luv
11-13-2006, 11:54 AM
^:lol I'll send you a T-shirt that says I {heart} Miami

:lol But I wanted a Dolphin. :)

sa_butta
11-13-2006, 12:56 PM
I would like a Dolphins shirt.

I have been to Miami. I had a blast. The hard rock cafe there is very nice and the clubs are awesome. It has been several years since I have been and I dont remember the name of the clubs. I actually enjoyed Fort Lauderdale alot as well, very nice beaches and there is good restaurant called Oasis right on the beach (if it is still there??). Also there is a party boat you can get on, it takes you out for about 2 hours with salsa merenge music and a full bar for like $7. Ahh good times. Be careful in the city though cause there is high crime as with most larger cities. And I hope you speak spanish cause most of the locals do.

tlongII
11-13-2006, 01:36 PM
This thread will be worthless without pics.

ShoogarBear
11-13-2006, 01:38 PM
SoBe is awesome. Beaches, clubs, and restaurants.

Women say the shopping is great there, too. I wouldn't really know.

I recommend you and your friends go to Haulover Beach and we'll all chip in for a photographer. :eyebrows

Pistons < Spurs
11-13-2006, 02:33 PM
I recommend you and your friends go to Haulover Beach and we'll all chip in for a photographer. :eyebrows

LMAO! I was born and raised in Miami till the age of 15, and lived like 7 minutes away from Haulover. Used to go there all the time.

Needless to say, I was quite surprised to find that a place of childhood memories had been converted to a nude beach when I went to visit a few years back!!! Normaly that would be great, but the day I was there, all I saw were overweight and overaged nasties :vomit:

1Parker1
11-13-2006, 08:57 PM
Also there is a party boat you can get on, it takes you out for about 2 hours with salsa merenge music and a full bar for like $7. Ahh good times. Be careful in the city though cause there is high crime as with most larger cities. And I hope you speak spanish cause most of the locals do.

Yea, the high crime bit worries me a bit...but we're Philly chicks, so we're tough :eyebrows

That party boat sounds awesome though, it costs only $7???? I find that hard to believe, you remember the name of it?

1Parker1
11-13-2006, 08:58 PM
SoBe is awesome. Beaches, clubs, and restaurants.

Women say the shopping is great there, too. I wouldn't really know.

:lol Smooth.