PDA

View Full Version : Isiah - "Break his fucking foot."

Kori Ellis
11-12-2006, 01:11 AM
In case you guys didn't realize what happened tonight with the double T's ...

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA111206.01C.BKNspurs.knicks.gamer.30ded94.html

Knicks coach tells players to break Bowen's feet if he steps under a shooter

Web Posted: 11/11/2006 10:45 PM CST

Johnny Ludden
Express-News Staff Writer

After the Spurs' victory over the Knicks on Monday, New York coach Isiah Thomas told Bruce Bowen how much he admired him. He liked his tenacity and appreciated how hard he had worked.

On Saturday night at the AT&T Center, during the Spurs' 100-92 victory, Thomas again chatted up Bowen. This time he didn't wait until after the game.

Thomas also wasn't so complimentary, telling the Knicks how to treat Bowen: "Break his (expletive) feet!"

Aware that New York guard Steve Francis sprained his left ankle after landing on Bowen's foot in the team's first meeting, Thomas became incensed when he thought Bowen stepped under Jamal Crawford while contesting a shot early in Saturday's game.

"Next time he does that," Thomas shouted to his players, "break his (expletive) feet!"

Bowen asked the officials if they heard what Thomas said. The next time down the floor, Thomas started jawing at Bowen, prompting the referees to give them a double technical.

That brought Spurs coach Gregg Popovich off the bench. He shouted at the officials to tell Thomas to "stop talking to my players!" Popovich then told Thomas himself, yelling at him after marching to midcourt.

Thomas initially waved off Popovich then yelled back. Both coaches were restrained by their assistants as the officials tried to calm them.

Popovich and Thomas smiled and shook hands after the game.

SpursWillOwn
11-12-2006, 01:15 AM
woot isiah got owned nice article

TDMVPDPOY
11-12-2006, 01:20 AM
CIA at fuckn work!!!!

veronicamae
11-12-2006, 01:22 AM
a ha, that's what it was! i was wondering what the yelling was about. damn isiah, you're not in detroit w/ the bad boys anymore...

boutons_
11-12-2006, 01:27 AM
Bruce's dirty rep inflates a bit more.

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-12-2006, 01:33 AM
i think its obvious that Isiah will have more support around the league than Bruce will on this matter :lol

but it doesn't matter coz only Bruce knows if he has any intent on injuring people. I am sure he doesn't mean it but this issue is only going to get worse.

TDMVPDPOY
11-12-2006, 01:35 AM
i wanna see bruce no shadow kick on IT

ploto
11-12-2006, 01:36 AM
I assure you- if Pop thought someone was doing this to his players he would be all over them.

Kori Ellis
11-12-2006, 01:36 AM
I don't think that tonight's "incident" did anything but make Isiah look foolish and thuggish. Bowen didn't do anything to Crawford to provoke this tonight. Isiah obviously was stewing over the Francis incident and started talking crap. He looked like an idiot yelling for his players to injure someone intentionally.

Kori Ellis
11-12-2006, 01:37 AM
I assure you- if Pop thought someone was doing this to his players he would be all over them.

Would he yell on the court for his players to break someone's fucking feet?

No, he wouldn't.

ploto
11-12-2006, 01:38 AM
^Maybe to Spurs fans- but not around the league.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-12-2006, 02:01 AM
1. How do you 'break someone's feet'? I'd love to hear that one from Captain suck ass (isiah).

2. Isiah should go suck on a horse's dick, he's that much of a tool.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-12-2006, 02:02 AM
^Maybe to Spurs fans- but not around the league.

THe only people calling out Bowen around the league are the league pussies (i.e., Ray Allen, Isiah, Vince Carter). The real men of the league (Kobe, LeBron, etc.) take it in stride and keep playing.

There's a reason the losers whine like cunts and the winners relish the opportunity to go toe to toe with Bowen.

Kori Ellis
11-12-2006, 02:05 AM
Here's the expanded version of the story with more quotes in it (it was just updated) ..

Thomas threatens Bowen during Spurs' win

Web Posted: 11/11/2006 10:45 PM CST

Johnny Ludden
Express-News Staff Writer

Bruce Bowen stood in the hallway of Madison Square Garden late Monday, waiting for the rest of his teammates to finish showering and dressing after the Spurs' victory over New York. Knicks coach Isiah Thomas, having just left his own team's locker room, walked over to talk.

Thomas told Bowen how much he admired him. He liked his tenacity and appreciated how hard he had worked to become one of the NBA's best defenders. He thanked him for his charitable endeavors.

With the Knicks visiting the AT&T Center on Saturday night for the teams' rematch, Thomas again chatted up Bowen. This time he didn't wait until after the game. Nor was he quite as complimentary.

Thomas, in fact, had a very succinct message for how he wanted the Knicks to treat Bowen: "Break his (expletive) foot!"

Thomas would have been smarter to have his players cripple Tony Parker. Parker scored a season-high 33 points in the Spurs' 100-92 victory.

The game, however, was overshadowed by Thomas' first-quarter altercation with Bowen, which also led to a sideline confrontation between the Knicks coach and Spurs coach Gregg Popovich.

Aware that New York guard Steve Francis sprained his left ankle after landing on Bowen's foot in the team's first meeting, Thomas became incensed when he thought Bowen stepped under Jamal Crawford while contesting a shot early in Saturday's game.

"Next time he does that," Thomas shouted to his players, "break his (expletive) foot!"

Thomas started jawing at Bowen, who said he also heard the Knicks coach threaten to "break his neck." The referees gave them each a technical.

That brought Popovich off the bench. He shouted at the officials to tell Thomas to "stop talking to my players!" Popovich then told Thomas himself, yelling at him after marching to midcourt.

Thomas initially waved off Popovich before shouting back. Both coaches were restrained by their assistants as the officials tried to calm them.

"I think Pop was just defending his player," Bowen said, "because Pop doesn't talk to players."

Bowen and Thomas glared at each other briefly in the second quarter, and when Bowen walked off the court during the ensuing timeout, Popovich told him, "Don't say a word to (Thomas). Not a word."

After the game, Popovich and Thomas shook hands, smiled and chatted briefly. Each tried to diffuse the situation.

"You know, games are emotional," Popovich said. "We all do things at times because our emotions are high or we're angry about something or we're frustrated. So it's no big deal."

Thomas said he shouted at Bowen, in part, to "stoke a little fire" in his team, which had been trailing by 13 only eight minutes into the game.

"I think Pop and I both understand and respect competition," Thomas said. "He was doing exactly what he was supposed to be doing for his players, and I was doing exactly what I was supposed to be doing for my players.

"I do believe there's still a healthy respect. As you saw, we shook hands and kind of understood what the gamesmanship was all about."

Bowen called the incident "unfortunate," adding, "this is a game that we as professionals are blessed to play," he said. "We enjoy the game and that's what it should be about."

Tim Duncan, who was on the floor when the incident happened, wasn't as conciliatory.

"It's just a bad situation when a coach puts himself in that situation and goes after a player," said Duncan, who had 24 points and 16 rebounds. "It's uncalled for. I don't know what his intentions were with that. We've got bigger plans than to go out and try to hurt somebody.

"I would hope that people would understand and respect that. Obviously, they don't."

Even though Crawford didn't land on Bowen, Thomas said he didn't want to risk losing another player five days after Francis was injured. Francis hasn't played since he came down on Bowen's foot after attempting a shot.

"Contesting, for me, is jumping at the shot," Bowen said. "If I jumped at the shot and somebody else jumped and I'm trying to defend him, block the shot, get as close to him as possible ... how far away do you end up from a player when you contest it?"

Neither Thomas nor Crawford would call Bowen dirty. But Thomas explained to reporters in Houston on Saturday how he would have reacted if someone had stepped under him.

"I'd beat the (expletive) out of somebody," Thomas said. "Really, I would (expletive) murder them ... There's certain things you don't do."

Told before the game what Thomas had said, Popovich replied: "That's kind of a Mike Tyson comment, a little bit over the edge possibly. I'm sure he's just frustrated."

An NBA spokesman said Tuesday Bowen wouldn't be penalized for the Monday incident, in part, because he had his back turned when Francis landed on him. On Saturday, however, a league official said Stu Jackson, the NBA's vice president of basketball operations, was still reviewing the play.

Bowen has been accused by other players, most notably Vince Carter, of stepping under them when they shoot. The Spurs forward and Popovich both said they hadn't heard from the league. But NBA officials figure to take a close look at everyone's role in Saturday's incident.

Bowen has grown accustomed to finding himself in the middle of controversy.

"But isn't it a little early in the season," he said, "to already be talking about this?"

TDMVPDPOY
11-12-2006, 02:08 AM
now every turd on realgm wants bruce head, fuk them those sore losers.

Kori Ellis
11-12-2006, 02:09 AM
Ludden changed the feet quote to foot :)

So far, Isiah has wanted to break his foot, neck and murder him ... and people call Bowen the trouble maker :lol

Pop pulling out the Mike Tyson comment is funny.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
11-12-2006, 02:13 AM
"I'd beat the (expletive) out of somebody," Thomas said. "Really, I would (expletive) murder them ... There's certain things you don't do."

Told before the game what Thomas had said, Popovich replied: "That's kind of a Mike Tyson comment, a little bit over the edge possibly. I'm sure he's just frustrated."

Nice one Pop

Burn531
11-12-2006, 02:14 AM
Does it really matter that much to Isiah to say what he said?

The Knicks are better off without Francis anyway.

Sense
11-12-2006, 02:15 AM
Damnit I woulda wanted to c this one....

>:| damn work.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-12-2006, 02:23 AM
"It's just a bad situation when a coach puts himself in that situation and goes after a player," said Duncan, who had 24 points and 16 rebounds. "It's uncalled for. I don't know what his intentions were with that. We've got bigger plans than to go out and try to hurt somebody.

"I would hope that people would understand and respect that. Obviously, they don't."

A-fucking-men TD. :tu

"Next time he does that," Thomas shouted to his players, "break his (expletive) foot!"

Thomas started jawing at Bowen, who said he also heard the Knicks coach threaten to "break his neck." The referees gave them each a technical.

Isiah, go fuck yourself. Dick.

Gimme a break. You'd sign the player, the whole fucking team, the whole fucking league, and then run it into bankruptcy. Fuck you, Isiah.

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-12-2006, 02:33 AM
now every turd on realgm wants bruce head, fuk them those sore losers.

of course they do.

I know its tough to be objective when its one of your players but its not a good thing if people are getting hurt from landing on his foot.

Surely you can hassle them into a bad shot and get ur feet out of the way b4 they land, its not that hard.

How many guys have been hurt from him doing that in his career?

I know someone said some players don't complain about it but i guarantee Kobe, Lebron etc would complain if they got injured from it.

Kori Ellis
11-12-2006, 02:33 AM
How many guys have been hurt from him doing that in his career?

2 - Vince Carter and Stephon Marbury.

timvp
11-12-2006, 02:34 AM
:lol

Hypocritical Spurs fans, as usual. Last playoffs, Pop went after Ron Artest and Spurs fans thought that was the coolest thing ever. If you remember correctly, Pop confronted Artest because of something that happened on the court. Same exact situation that happened here.

I don't blame Isiah for doing what he did. He was out there trying to protect his players, just as Pop was trying to protect his players last year. Bowen pisses people off, whether he injures players on purpose or not. Having players and coaches pissed at him is part of the territory. If you want to be a hard ass defender like he is, you have to take all that comes with it.

And believe me, coaches like Jerry Sloan have said much worse than what Isiah said. It's part of the game.

Kori Ellis
11-12-2006, 02:36 AM

Hypocritical Spurs fans, as usual. Last playoffs, Pop went after Ron Artest and Spurs fans thought that was the coolest thing ever. If you remember correctly, Pop confronted Artest because of something that happened on the court. Same exact situation that happened here.

I don't blame Isiah for doing what he did. He was out there trying to protect his players, just as Pop was trying to protect his players last year. Bowen pisses people off, whether he injures players on purpose or not. Having players and coaches pissed at him is part of the territory. If you want to be a hard ass defender like he is, you have to take all that comes with it.

And believe me, coaches like Jerry Sloan have said much worse than what Isiah said. It's part of the game.

Yelling at Artest is one thing. If he yelled to the Spurs players to go after Artest and hurt him, that's another.

You are an idiot if you think that's the same thing.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-12-2006, 02:38 AM

This is funny on so many levels.

TDMVPDPOY
11-12-2006, 02:44 AM

Artest flew in with a flyin elbow to tims head for a rebound, thats uncalled for, and it was deliberate as compared to bowens defense.

in bowens case its just like a low post player goin up for a basket or rebound comin down landin on another players foot, thats not intentional, its just bad landing or co-ordination.

i hope stern does fuckn nothing!!!

whottt
11-12-2006, 02:44 AM
2 - Vince Carter and Stephon Marbury.

When did Bruce do that to Starbury?

I think that's a mistake....

If you hurt Starbury, Starbury hurts you back, bad...ask Duncan, and Oberto.

Just setting a hard pick on Starbury will lead to some pain later in the game...If Bruce did something like that Starbury would have retaliated, guranteed.

I'm not sure who is better at retaliating in game against guys that hurt them...Starbury or Manu...I guess I'll go with Manu because no one realizes Manu does it(and he does do it).

Kori Ellis
11-12-2006, 02:46 AM

Just setting a hard pick on Starbury will lead to some pain later in the game...If Bruce did something like that Starbury would have retaliated, guranteed.

I'm not sure who is better at retaliating in game against guys that hurt them...Starbury or Manu...I guess I'll go with Manu because no one realizes Manu does it(and he does do it).

Typo.

Steve Francis.

TDMVPDPOY
11-12-2006, 02:48 AM
bruce jumpin forward and sliding his feet turnin his back to box out the player, you cant fuckn stop physics!!!!

Kori Ellis
11-12-2006, 02:51 AM
I just think it's funny that the glory stories of who Bowen injures are multiplying. Just like when Vince Carter said Bowen knocked him out for the season (didn't happen), Ray Allen said Bowen punched him in the stomach throughout the game (didn't happen), now they are asking the league to review tape of when Bowen took out Radmanovic. Umm... That was Beno who took out Radmanovic.

I understand Bruce is pesky, annoying and crafty. I understand he does stuff that some people may consider dirty. But the exaggeration of the results of what he does are ridiculous.

I think they should investigate Isiah's vocabulary. :lol Saying that he would "murder" someone and/or kick their ass. Saying that he wants his players to break Bruce's feet or neck. He obviously has some issues that go beyond protecting his players :lol

I liked Isiah better back in the day when he was swapping spit with Magic and getting knocked out by Karl.

whottt
11-12-2006, 02:53 AM
They don't like Bruce....Bruce pisses them off, makes them miserable, and this is their revenge.

And every coach in the NBA would sign Bruce in a second if they could.

You notice that these guys don't actually mind playing on the same team with Bruce...like Finley, who got as pissed off at Bruce as anyone.

And Barry too...Bruce fucked Barry up in the playoffs in 02. Barry is a man though and didn't complain like the rest of these bitches, in fact he had his best game in the elimination game.

Bruce's bitch list:

Ray Allen
Vince Carter
Jalen Rose
Michael Finley

Those guys are only on it for whining about Bruce. I can't think of if anyone else is on it....

timvp
11-12-2006, 02:57 AM
Yelling at Artest is one thing. If he yelled to the Spurs players to go after Artest and hurt him, that's another.

Isiah wasn't saying to go chase down Bowen and go break his foot. He meant if Bowen is going to go around sticking his leg under players while they shoot, to come down on his foot to teach him a lesson.

You don't think Pop has said similar things to Spurs players? During his yearly soft call out or when he's going Croatian or Serbian or whatever in the locker room, you don't think he hasn't told his players to go out there and push back if they are getting pushed around?

Same basic point Isiah was making. If Bowen is going to stick his leg under you, come down on it. Just like if someone is throwing elbows at you, throw elbows back and make the refs call something.

Now if Isiah was saying to go out there and injure Bowen on purpose, then that is a different story. And I would agree Isiah would be in the wrong. Although, plenty of coaches in NBA and sports history have told their players to go out and get an opposing player.

Bottom line, in my opinion, is Isiah didn't do anything wrong and his main point was just to fire up his team.

whottt
11-12-2006, 02:58 AM
Bottom line, in my opinion, is Isiah didn't do anything wrong and his main point was just to fire up his team.

Bottom line is that Isiah was every bit as dirty as Bruce is on his worst day...and played with guys that made Bruce look like a choirboy.

Isiah is a hypocrite.

And I reiterate....Isiah would take Bruce on his team any day of the week.

timvp
11-12-2006, 02:59 AM

She calls you an idiot one more time you should break her fvkcing keyboard!11!!!

No thank you, Isiah. I will take the high road.

:smokin

THE SIXTH MAN
11-12-2006, 02:59 AM
Bottom line is that Isiah was every bit as dirty as Bruce is on his worst day...and played with guys that made Bruce look like a choirboy.

Isiah is a hypocrite.
Thank you. :tu

Kori Ellis
11-12-2006, 03:00 AM
Isiah wasn't saying to go chase down Bowen and go break his foot. He meant if Bowen is going to go around sticking his leg under players while they shoot, to come down on his foot to teach him a lesson.

You don't think Pop has said similar things to Spurs players? During his yearly soft call out or when he's going Croatian or Serbian or whatever in the locker room, you don't think he hasn't told his players to go out there and push back if they are getting pushed around?

Same basic point Isiah was making. If Bowen is going to stick his leg under you, come down on it. Just like if someone is throwing elbows at you, throw elbows back and make the refs call something.

Now if Isiah was saying to go out there and injure Bowen on purpose, then that is a different story. And I would agree Isiah would be in the wrong. Although, plenty of coaches in NBA and sports history have told their players to go out and get an opposing player.

:sleep

So yelling for his players to break Bruce's neck was just his way of motivating his team?

Never mind, I'm not going to argue with you. I'll defend Bruce Bowen like you defend AJ.

The only difference is Bowen is a good guy and a good basketball player.

TDMVPDPOY
11-12-2006, 03:00 AM
seriously theres nothin in it, wasnt even intentional or deliberate on bowens case.

and im damn sure those jackasses would love to have bowen on there team.

THE SIXTH MAN
11-12-2006, 03:01 AM
and im damn sure those jackasses would love to have bowen on there team.

:greedy For three times his worth though.

whottt
11-12-2006, 03:02 AM

And can hit a fucking 3 pointer when Duncan is doubled.

TDMVPDPOY
11-12-2006, 03:05 AM
And can hit a fucking 3 pointer when Duncan is doubled.

heard his good shuffling his feet and a ankle breaker hahahahaha

timvp
11-12-2006, 03:07 AM
If Pop would have told the Spurs to break Karl Malone's neck after one of perceived Malone's cheap shots, Spurs fans would still be celebrating and calling it a gritty, gutty coaching move.

whottt
11-12-2006, 03:08 AM
If Pop would have told the Spurs to break Karl Malone's neck after one of perceived Malone's cheap shots, Spurs fans would still be celebrating and calling it a gritty, gutty coaching move.

That's because Malone has it coming....

Isiah would also be among those looking forward to that. He'd be at the head of the line.

Kori Ellis
11-12-2006, 03:09 AM

Maybe after he knocked David out.

I want to go to bed now; are you coming?

timvp
11-12-2006, 03:09 AM

So yelling for his players to break Bruce's neck was just his way of motivating his team?

Never mind, I'm not going to argue with you. I'll defend Bruce Bowen like you defend AJ.

Hey I remember when you hated Bowen. And Parker for that matter. You thought I was crazy for saying Bowen was my favorite player.

:married:

Kori Ellis
11-12-2006, 03:10 AM
Hey I remember when you hated Bowen. And Parker for that matter. You thought I was crazy for saying Bowen was my favorite player.

:married:

I didn't hate Bowen. I just thought his offense sucked -- it did.

And I've never hated Parker, don't spread lies. I liked Parker before I liked you.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-12-2006, 03:13 AM

:corn:

TDMVPDPOY
11-12-2006, 03:14 AM
domestic voilence? lookout

Kori Ellis
11-12-2006, 03:15 AM
domestic voilence? lookout

MannyIsGod
11-12-2006, 03:25 AM
Every time Kori and LJ argue about the Spurs an angel gets its wings.

TDMVPDPOY
11-12-2006, 03:29 AM
the funniest thing out of this whole argument is, how come the knicks dont ask malik rose if it was intentional or not, he knows the system and players from the back of his head and get a opinion from him.....

whottt
11-12-2006, 03:31 AM
Malik already commented...he said when he played for the Spurs he didn't think Bruce did stuff intentionally...but now, he's not so sure. IOW....Bruce wasn't dirty when Malik was a Spur, but now that he's a Knick, he is.

Kinda like Finley had all sorts of problems with Bruce when he was a Mav...but now that he's a Spur...no problems at all. Kinda like Ray Allen and Bruce were friends once upon a time.

TDMVPDPOY
11-12-2006, 03:40 AM
Malik already commented...he said when he played for the Spurs he didn't think Bruce did stuff intentionally...but now, he's not so sure. IOW....Bruce wasn't dirty when Malik was a Spur, but now that he's a Knick, he is.

Kinda like Finley had all sorts of problems with Bruce when he was a Mav...but now that he's a Spur...no problems at all. Kinda like Ray Allen and Bruce were friends once upon a time.

malik rose is talkin bs, his just protectin his job

and todays players wouldnt even last in the early 90s basketball with the physical play....so todays league is filled with pansys in a tanks body.....

Texas_Ranger
11-12-2006, 03:40 AM
I would rather broke Isiah`s foot.

TDMVPDPOY
11-12-2006, 03:44 AM
fuck im gettin alot of shit for defending bowen on realgm.com fuck these clowns who dont know whats intentional and whats not. you dont see bruce laughin and shit after he takes out a player, it only looks intentional when alot of ppl talks about it givin it more attention then it already needs.

milkyway21
11-12-2006, 04:09 AM
I don't think that tonight's "incident" did anything but make Isiah look foolish and thuggish. Bowen didn't do anything to Crawford to provoke this tonight. Isiah obviously was stewing over the Francis incident and started talking crap. He looked like an idiot yelling for his players to injure someone intentionally. this is the very first time that I really pity Bowen who I know is a GOOD DEFENDER and a GOOD PERSON who only play strong defense for his team to win. I'm tired of those players and coaches and Cuban for implying he's doing those things intentionally. Why I didn't hear Kobe or James saying those things about Bruce? What a sore LOSER they are. :ihit :devil :pctoss

:dramaquee :p: :lol

smeagol
11-12-2006, 08:31 AM
I live in Mahattan and I was watching the East Coast feed. They replayed the Bowen - Francis play over and over and Bowen did not come out well. Then, he does something similar to Crawford.

It is easy to see why fans from other teams almost unanimously call out Bowen.

And by the way, I love Bruce.

WalterBenitez
11-12-2006, 08:42 AM
Is NBA's games becoming battles and NBA's Title a war to win?:wow

Wining a game is different of defeating the enemy ... I know players and coach are under a lot of preasure, but those yields are tipically from a fan ...

come here your little ... :makemyday :ihit :frying:

WalterBenitez
11-12-2006, 09:13 AM
Does it really matter that much to Isiah to say what he said?

The Knicks are better off without Francis anyway.

Are they? :dramaquee Oh Bruce, my boy ... you injured the wrong guy!

BUMP
11-12-2006, 09:36 AM
THe only people calling out Bowen around the league are the league pussies (i.e., Ray Allen, Isiah, Vince Carter). The real men of the league (Kobe, LeBron, etc.) take it in stride and keep playing.

There's a reason the losers whine like cunts and the winners relish the opportunity to go toe to toe with Bowen.

im a Mavs fan but i agree to this and its true. Bruce just tries to help his team win however he can. he never breaks the rules like you said the guys that whine about him are always the ones that arent around in June, but Kobe, Lebron, and people like me, respect his commmitment to defense

dallasmavsnfuego214
11-12-2006, 09:40 AM
"murder"????

"kick his ass"????

"break his fucking feet"?

sounds like Isaiah has issues beyond the court :rolleyes :rolleyes

Summers
11-12-2006, 10:02 AM

Actually, I thought of that time, too, when Pop yelled at Artest (I couldn't remember who it was), but Pop wasn't (as far as we know) threatening him with physical harm. To do so in front of everybody is just dumb.

Borosai
11-12-2006, 10:22 AM
Well, last night I finally saw the Francis replay, and honestly (really) it wasn't intentional. Francis shot, Bruce turned around and set one foot back and to the side to box out. However, considering the trouble that's stirring, he probably should adjust his technique a little bit...keep his feet in closer. Now, if he jumps at the shooter, then this really isn't a problem since they are both in the air. If he's not going to contest the shot, then he has to box out, but not as much with his feet...maybe use his arms more. Besides, how many shooters in this league go after their own misses...most just pose and look at the shot.

boutons_
11-12-2006, 10:27 AM
"to box out"

There's no need to box out beyond the 3G arc. It's not even useful since there is so much room to run around the boxer. And how many NBA 3G shooters race in to rebound their own shot?

ploto
11-12-2006, 10:58 AM
I fear that the next time this happens with Bruce, all hell is going to break out. Some player is going to go after him and it's not going to be pretty.

I also know that is someone did this to Manu and he got hurt, Spurs fans would want more than his foot broken.

And the fact that Bruce is a nice guy in the community does not make him immune to certain bahaviors on the court.

spurschick
11-12-2006, 10:59 AM

Maybe after he knocked David out.

I want to go to bed now; are you coming?

It's all about the make-up sex...

1Parker1
11-12-2006, 11:41 AM
I live in Mahattan and I was watching the East Coast feed. They replayed the Bowen - Francis play over and over and Bowen did not come out well. Then, he does something similar to Crawford.

:tu I have to agree. Spurs fans know Bruce Bowen since they follow the Spurs. They know how he is outside of the court and all the good things he does for the community and his teammates, so that forces them to look at these situations from a different perspective, not believing he's doing it out of bad intent. I don't believe he's doing it with bad intent, however, if you look at a lot of replays and games, you see Bruce does do that often. And if I weren't a Spurs fan and didn't know him well, I'd think it was dirty as well.

Thomas was just way off base with those rude comments, it's one thing to try and "fire up" your team by encouraging them to give a hard foul next time a player comes into the lane or something, it's another to encourage players to "break someone's foot" to say that they would "murder" the player. I mean, it sounds phychotic.

pjjrfan
11-12-2006, 11:47 AM

Raja Bell. I thought for sure Manu's play was payback for what Bell was doing to him the whole game. But's that the game, and Manu plays it real well. It's the old saying "you give as good as you get." And certain guys are good at this part of the game. It's wierd how this part of the game has changed, in the 60's and 70's the power forward position was reserved for physical guys like Maurice Lucas, Paul Silas, Coby Dietriech and the infamous Kermit Washinton, guys who were called enforcers and thier job was to retaliate when someone on thier team got hurt or some player on the other team got hot. I can't even remember how all this began to change, the Tomjanovich incident certainly had a lot to do with it, but even the bad boys of Detroit put a lot of hurt on every team.

How times have changed.

Kori Ellis
11-12-2006, 11:49 AM

He didn't do anything similar to Crawford.

wildbill2u
11-12-2006, 11:57 AM
A defensive player has to get close and go up to defend against a jump shot. An offensive player often goes forward toward the hoop with his body follow through. Is there any wonder that they have some unintentional contact around the feet when they come down?

If the refs see any body to body contact while they are in the air, they call it. Feet entanglements are inevitable but not intentional.

Fillmoe
11-12-2006, 12:43 PM
Bowen deserves that shit for being the dirtiest piece of shit player to ever step field on a nba court

Kori Ellis
11-12-2006, 12:56 PM
SAN STORM
DUNCAN IS NO FAN OF ISIAH IRE
By MARC BERMAN

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11122006/sports/knicks/san_storm_knicks_marc_berman.htm

November 12, 2006 -- SAN ANTONIO - Sensing his tired Knicks were ready to give up, Isiah Thomas took the fight into his own hands against the Spurs' Bruce Bowen in looking to spark his team.

Late in the first quarter, Thomas went on a profanity-laced tirade against Bowen, under a league investigation for a dirty undercut of Steve Francis on Monday that put Francis on the shelf indefinitely with a sprained ankle.

Thomas was not going to let Jamal Crawford go down with a similar injury. So when Crawford missed a 3-pointer with 3:46 left in the first quarter and Bowen appeared to put his foot under him, Thomas exploded, even though there was no contact, no harm, no foul.

The ensuing confrontation also included Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, one of Larry Brown's dearest friends,

None of Thomas' rage, however, translated into a Knick victory, but he may have avoided a blowout. After an awful 14-3 start, the Knicks recovered following Isiah's outburst but ultimately ended their three-game road trip with a 100-92 defeat last night at AT&T Center, dropping them to 2-5, 1-2 on the trip.

The Spurs' Tim Duncan ripped Thomas afterward.

"It's just a bad situation when a coach puts himself in that position and goes after a player," Duncan said. "It's very uncalled for. We have bigger plans than trying to hurt somebody."

Well, the Knicks appreciated it.

"It definitely got our whole team fired up," Crawford said, "When you see your coach fight like that."

There was enough harsh language to make Eva Longoria blush. Longoria sat in the fifth row watching her French boyfriend Tony Parker destroy the Knicks again for the second time in five days with 33 points (12 of 17, six assists). Duncan also unleashed his "A" game, with 24 points and 16 boards. Quentin Richardson

leemajors
11-12-2006, 01:12 PM
Bowen deserves that shit for being the dirtiest piece of shit player to ever step field on a nba court

yeah he goes around breaking people's orbits. btw it's step foot.

smeagol
11-12-2006, 01:36 PM
He didn't do anything similar to Crawford.

Kori, I'm not sure if they showed the replay in SA of what went on before Thomas got all fired up. They sure did in NY, and it was very similar to what happened with Francis last Monday. The only difference was Crawford not falling on Bruce's foot.

The reality is BB has a tendency of extending one of his legs under the player he is guarding when that player is jumping. He does it sometimes and when he does, the entire country's media is on top of him. You can agree or not with Bruce's defence methods, but there is no point in denying this tendency.

Kori Ellis
11-12-2006, 01:52 PM
Kori, I'm not sure if they showed the replay in SA of what went on before Thomas got all fired up. They sure did in NY, and it was very similar to what happened with Francis last Monday. The only difference was Crawford not falling on Bruce's foot.

The reality is BB has a tendency of extending one of his legs under the player he is guarding when that player is jumping. He does it sometimes and when he does, the entire country's media is on top of him. You can agree or not with Bruce's defence methods, but there is no point in denying this tendency.

It wasn't similar at all. I was sitting in the arena and watched it several times later. Bruce's legs are always going to be close to the shooter legs. Othewise he isn't doing his job.

I know you can sit here and break down every film of Bruce being near his man and analyze, but my point is that you aren't looking at film of what every other defender in the league does. What Bruce does happens to tons of other players in the league but no one is looking at it. It happens when you crowd a player when you guard him. If you looked at tape of everyone in the league, you'd see Bruce's "tendency" is a lot of players tendency. In all Bruce's years in the league only SFrancis and VCarter have gotten injured by this. And Francis doesn't even think Bruce did anything wrong.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-12-2006, 01:59 PM
"to box out"

There's no need to box out beyond the 3G arc. It's not even useful since there is so much room to run around the boxer. And how many NBA 3G shooters race in to rebound their own shot?

Who the hell is Bowen to play fundamental basketball. Doesn't he know he should just get down court and cherry pick for a layup like all the guys at the playground [/boutons]

You've obviously never played a lick of basketball in your life. As long as I can remember we were always taught to box out the shooter, whether he's five feet from the rim or twenty five feet.

See boutons, long shots often result in long rebounds. If you don't box out your man deep and he follows his shot, any long rebound comes straight to him. So it's necessary to box out to ensure your man doesn't get the rebound.

As to how many NBA players follow their own shot from deep... most of the Euros who were coached up with good solid fundamentals do. And besides, you can't fault Bowen for doing the fundamental things right on the court, it's part of what makes him so good.

Kinda like he moves his feet on defense instead of playing defense with his hands. I could ask you the same question - how many people play D in the league with their feet and not their hands. Not many, but the ones who do are damn good at it and piss off the candy asses like Ray Ray and Carter who think everyone should part the seas for them so they can make Sportscenter.

You're as dumb about basketball as you are about politics.

Borosai
11-12-2006, 02:00 PM
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/7078/ivblfp9.gif

boutons_
11-12-2006, 02:03 PM
"[/boutons]"

How many 3G misses are actually rebounded by the 3G's shooter?

How many 3G shooters actually crash the boards?

Didn't think so, you inbred dickless twerp.

polandprzem
11-12-2006, 02:12 PM
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/7078/ivblfp9.gif

:lmao

SAGambler
11-12-2006, 02:31 PM
And how many NBA 3G shooters race in to rebound their own shot?

Manu comes to mind as one that will chase his rebound from anywhere on the court.

BeerIsGood!
11-12-2006, 02:34 PM
When a shot goes up you box out. When your player shoots the ball - you contest it and then turn to box out. If the player shoots a three you contest it and turn to see where the rebound comes to - and box out. It's really simple. You don't care what the offensive player does. If he tries to follow his shot you have position on him for the long rebound, and if he fades away you have position to get the long rebound anyway. One thing that will get you pulled from a game really fast is if a 3 pt. shooter misses long and gets his own rebound while you are darting up court.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-12-2006, 02:39 PM
"[/boutons]"

How many 3G misses are actually rebounded by the 3G's shooter?

How many 3G shooters actually crash the boards?

Didn't think so, you inbred dickless twerp.

I don't know, why don't you keep stats for a couple of games instead of talking out your ass like usual?

Dickless twerp? Grow the fuck up.

As to who crashes the boards on their three point shot, I told you - nearly all Euros will if they're not boxed out by the defender. Damn dude, fucking read.

Again, if you don't want Bowen playing fundamental basketball, why don't you write a letter to Stern about it? Granted you've never played ball in your life except maybe your PS2, but I'm sure he'll value your opinion.

ploto
11-12-2006, 02:45 PM
Boxing out does not require sticking your foot under the person where they need to land. If he were really boxing out the guy, he would be stepping that foot sideways to cover more space and putting his arms out.

Bob Lanier
11-12-2006, 03:00 PM
I love it. Go Zeke!

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-12-2006, 03:13 PM
Boxing out does not require sticking your foot under the person where they need to land. If he were really boxing out the guy, he would be stepping that foot sideways to cover more space and putting his arms out.

If Bowen stuck his foot under every player he boxed out, you've have a guy injured every night.

Have you ever played basketball? Players aren't really conscious about where they are putting their feet. They don't sit there and go "hmm, he shot, let me just stick my foot right there..."

You're paying attention to the ball and body position. Shit happens when you're playing someone close and they go up in the air.

I rolled my ankles probably 8-9 times in HS playing ball. All were when I was in the lane and went up and came down on someone's foot. It happens. They weren't playing dirty. You go up, you come down, and if you come down on someone's foot, you roll your ankle.

There are two variables to the 'Bowen the ankle sprainer myth' that you can't put any absolute certainty to.

First, that Bowen would somehow be clairvoyant enough to know where his man's feet were going to come down when he sets his box out (and to boot this is usually with Bowen being turned sideways).

Second, that a jump shooter is going to jump up and come down in exactly the same spot as Bowen plants his foot, when any slight change in balance by the shooter or by any contact initiated by Bowen is going to change where his feet come down.

How anyone thinks that those two variables can come together somehow consistently enough for Bowen to be maliciously going for ankle sprains on purpose is both ignorant of physics and shows that the person making those claims either has never played ball in their lives or has an agenda against Bowen.

picnroll
11-12-2006, 03:13 PM
Where's Karl Malone's elbow when you really need it?

Dave McNulla
11-12-2006, 03:15 PM
Bowen has been accused by other players, most notably Vince Carter, of stepping under them when they shoot. The Spurs forward and Popovich both said they hadn't heard from the league. But NBA officials figure to take a close look at everyone's role in Saturday's incident.i didn't know that somebody else said that. i'm on the blocking out perspective of this, long shots create long rebounds. if a defender has to look down and figure out where he must put his feet for the safety of his opponent, he's not going to get that long rebound. he's going to sit on the bench.

i sure wish i had a list of feet that caused sprained ankles so i could put this whole thing in perspective. i don't think bruce is the ankle sprainer that he's being made out to be. this is one of those media stories that doesn't live on food or water, it lives entirely on air.

timvp
11-12-2006, 03:19 PM
i don't think bruce is the ankle sprainer that he's being made out to be. this is one of those media stories that doesn't live on food or water, it lives entirely on air.

You are right. The funniest part of it was when the Knicks started having Bowen "investigated" after the Francis thing, they listed Radmanovic as a player that he injured. When did that even happen? As far as I remembered it, it was when Beno was accidentally knocked into Radmanovic two seasons ago. Bowen wasn't even involved.

Regarding VCarter, he said once that Bowen knocked him out for the season a couple years back. That didn't happen either.
--Kori

picnroll
11-12-2006, 03:30 PM
Manu has probably put more players on IR per NBA minute played than Bowen.

timvp
11-12-2006, 03:40 PM
Manu has probably put more players on IR per NBA minute played than Bowen.

:lol I was going to say that yesterday, but didn't want Manu Mafia after me :)

--Kori

Bruno
11-12-2006, 03:43 PM
As far as I remembered it, it was when Beno was accidentally knocked into Radmanovic two seasons ago.
--Kori

It was Barry.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/story/4847709p-4450949c.html

With 81/2 minutes left in the second quarter, Radmanovic was closing out on Brent Barry on the wing and Radmanovic’s right ankle rolled badly. He went down in a heap and as play continued, he did not make an attempt to get up.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-12-2006, 03:53 PM
It was Barry.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/story/4847709p-4450949c.html

Yeah but Barry was quoted after the game as saying Bowen made him do it. [/Isiah]

nkdlunch
11-12-2006, 04:03 PM
:lol we own the bitch ass knicks

smeagol
11-12-2006, 04:27 PM
It wasn't similar at all. I was sitting in the arena and watched it several times later. Bruce's legs are always going to be close to the shooter legs. Othewise he isn't doing his job.

I know you can sit here and break down every film of Bruce being near his man and analyze, but my point is that you aren't looking at film of what every other defender in the league does. What Bruce does happens to tons of other players in the league but no one is looking at it. It happens when you crowd a player when you guard him. If you looked at tape of everyone in the league, you'd see Bruce's "tendency" is a lot of players tendency. In all Bruce's years in the league only SFrancis and VCarter have gotten injured by this. And Francis doesn't even think Bruce did anything wrong.
You are right. I do not watch film of every defender. Simply what the TV decides to replay.

JamStone
11-12-2006, 05:40 PM
I don't see what the big deal is from either side. Isiah was one of the toughest competitors when he played. He did some dirty things. He took advantage of everything he could in order to win. I don't think he dislikes Bowen. I even think he respects Bowen. But, I think he feels if Bowen is playing a certain way that his players have every right to be "dirty" also. This is a guy who got hacked as hard as you can by Magic when he drove the lane. Those two kissed before games. But, they were going to do whatever it takes to win after the jumpball.

And, would you be completely surprised if Pop said something to similar about Danny Fortson or Raja Bell? I wouldn't. I just don't think you would catch so much media attention if he did.

"Murder" might have been an inappropriate word, but I don't think he meant that literally. Now, "break his fucking foot," I'm sure he meant. But, that's all part of the competition of the game.

Look back at those Bad Boy Pistons. They were dirty. Bill Laimbeer and Rick Mahorn and Dennis Rodman and Isiah. They were dirty players. They took advantage of every little thing they could in order to win. They fought. They would swing on superstar players like Larry Bird and Charles Barkley. They didn't give a shit. Isiah has that same mentality now. The NBA has gone soft. Back in the 80s and before that, this wouldn't be a big deal. But, now that the NBA is a billion dollar business and players are worth hundreds of millions of dollars, the hard-nosed competition is taken away. You can't touch Dwyane Wade on a drive without being ejected from a game. If you look at LeBron James the wrong way, you're suspended.

Bruce Bowen plays that way. That's why I think Isiah actually does respect him. And, that's why I think Isiah had no problem with what he said about him either.

Bruce plays tough and bends the rules. Isiah played tough and bent the rules.

To me, it wasn't that Isiah was condemning Bruce. It was that he wants his players to play more like him.

Obstructed_View
11-12-2006, 05:44 PM
"to box out"

Neither play against the Knicks was outside the Arc, so what are you talking about?

Obstructed_View
11-12-2006, 05:50 PM
You are right. I do not watch film of every defender. Simply what the TV decides to replay.
The replay with Crawford clearly shows him jumping forward into Bowen. How is that Bowen's problem?

ploto
11-12-2006, 07:01 PM
If Bowen stuck his foot under every player he boxed out, you've have a guy injured every night.

You make my point for me. If this was really how Bowen always plays then more players would get hurt, but he only does it against certain players which leads to the support for it being intentional.

I know people hate Vince Carter, but it is no coincidence that Bowen did this to him the game he was scoring at will.

ChumpDumper
11-12-2006, 07:12 PM

He only does it to Steve Francis on purpose.

ploto
11-12-2006, 07:28 PM
He only does it to Steve Francis on purpose.
Yes- because he knows he can get to him. He would never try it on Kobe.

ChumpDumper
11-12-2006, 07:38 PM

BeerIsGood!
11-12-2006, 07:43 PM
Yes- because he knows he can get to him. He would never try it on Kobe.
:dizzy :dizzy Do you realize how strange this sounds? Bowen knows that he can plot to sprain Francis' ankle but for some reason can't do the same to Kobe? You give Bowen too much credit. He would have to be staring at the guy's foot and stick his foot under the opponent's right before it lands to even have a chance of intentionally doing this. He isn't even looking at the guy when this stuff happens. No way is this even close to being intentional. Think about all of the jump shots he has contested in his career. This has happened twice. It's just an unfortunate fluke.

ChumpDumper
11-12-2006, 07:47 PM
Shut up! Bowen has been planning that sprain for ten years, he just waited until Francis was on the worst team in the league to do it. It makes perfect sense.

hitmanyr2k
11-12-2006, 07:48 PM
:dizzy :dizzy Do you realize how strange this sounds? Bowen knows that he can plot to sprain Francis' ankle but for some reason can't do the same to Kobe? You give Bowen too much credit. He would have to be staring at the guy's foot and stick his foot under the opponent's right before it lands to even have a chance of intentionally doing this. He isn't even looking at the guy when this stuff happens. No way is this even close to being intentional. Think about all of the jump shots he has contested in his career. This has happened twice. It's just an unfortunate fluke.

This is worth repeating....

If anyone wants to see classic Bruce Bowen "footwork" just check out Game 7 of the 2005 Finals in the 4th qtr around the 2:03 mark. I know every Spur fan has that game lol. After fouling Billups Bruce just decides to trip him as he's coming down which buckles Chauncey's knee (and ankle). Of course he uses the classic Dennis Rodman "look-away" to play it off. Then he has the nerve to go try to help Billups up like he's Mr. class act. Of course Billups didn't accept Bruce's "gracious" gesture and shook it off. The rest of the game Billups is walking and running with a severe limp.

That's classic Bruce Bowen. He always knows what he's doing with his feet. He's a dirtbag. And don't give me the hard defense crap because as anyone can see that play happened after the whistle had blown. Spurs homers will continue to keep their head in the sand and pretend not see plays like that.

ChumpDumper
11-12-2006, 07:49 PM
This is worth repeating....Not really.

hitmanyr2k
11-12-2006, 07:52 PM
Not really.

Like I said...keep your head in the sand.

ChumpDumper
11-12-2006, 07:54 PM
Poor baby.

T Park
11-12-2006, 08:02 PM
Ploto, go back to the Rasho DS posts.

You made slightly more sense there.

Stay out of the way.

whottt
11-12-2006, 08:02 PM
Did you guys hear about that camera deliberately injuring Vince Carter the other night? Said he was going for the Jam and that camera deliberately got in his way.

Carter said if it had been at the YMCA, and he was done sucking dicks, he would have kicked that camera's ass. Asked the league to fine that camera.

stretch
11-12-2006, 08:09 PM
woot isiah got owned nice article
how did he get owned?

E20
11-12-2006, 08:21 PM
I wonder what would happen if an altercation happend on the court? Would Pop go JVG on the opposing player or coach?

spurschick
11-12-2006, 10:19 PM

--Kori

:lol Manu spends enough time on IR himself, so I guess it's kharmic retribution.

TDMVPDPOY
11-12-2006, 11:19 PM
I wonder what would happen if an altercation happend on the court? Would Pop go JVG on the opposing player or coach?

he will :nope then pull his ak47 :ihit

gospursgojas
11-13-2006, 01:32 AM
Bruce does stick his foot under the shooter alot....Theres no denying that. But to say that Bruce does it on purpose is stupid. Bruce is ALOT better that that.

But this reminds me of back in the day when I would get pissed off when Karl Malone would lead with his knee while going in for a layup.

Jazz fans defended him too.....

THE SIXTH MAN
11-13-2006, 01:36 AM
But this reminds me of back in the day when I would get pissed off when Karl Malone would lead with his knee while going in for a layup.

Jazz fans defended him too.....
Yeah or when shaq would throw his elbow high out on a turn around post move.

gospursgojas
11-13-2006, 01:39 AM
Yeah or when shaq would throw his elbow high out on a turn around post move.

Yeah I guess that was just a tendency of a player too... even though it pisses me off.

Same with Bowen, I will defend him all the way, but I see how other fans can get just as pissed off as much as I did with Malone and Shaq

JamStone
11-13-2006, 01:41 AM
Bruce does stick his foot under the shooter alot....Theres no denying that. But to say that Bruce does it on purpose is stupid. Bruce is ALOT better that that.

Why is Bruce better than that? Because he's a Spur? Because he's a nice person off the court? Because it's impossible for a Spurs fan to believe that one of their beloved players could do something like that intentionally?

How do you know Bruce is better than that?

whottt
11-13-2006, 01:42 AM
Bill Lambeir played for my team. I should STFU before I look stupid

JamStone
11-13-2006, 01:47 AM
LMAO!

Bill Laimbeer was dirty. Rick Mahorn was dirty. Dennis Rodman was dirty. Isiah Thomas was dirty.

Unlike you, I can admit some of my favorite players were dirty. They did whatever they had to do to win.

You're blinded by your own salivation over your beloved Spurs players that you can't admit that Bruce is a dirty player.

whottt
11-13-2006, 01:48 AM
Why is Bruce dirty because fools land on his foot?

Maybe they should look before they jump...

It's not like Bruce throws elbows in their face or pushes them from behind.

gospursgojas
11-13-2006, 01:53 AM
Why is Bruce better than that? Because he's a Spur? Because he's a nice person off the court? Because it's impossible for a Spurs fan to believe that one of their beloved players could do something like that intentionally?

How do you know Bruce is better than that?

I don't. But c'mon, a 2 time champion, All Defensive Player.

Why would he be out there trying to hurt players.

Because it's impossible for a Spurs fan to believe that one of their beloved players could do something like

Thats the point I'm trying to make.

Some posters are saying that he doesn't do it at all and you can clearly see that he does if you just youtube him. And to say that he doesn't at all is like the Jazz fans that would say that Malone wouldn't lead with his knee.

mavs>spurs2
11-13-2006, 01:55 AM
Why is Bruce dirty because fools land on his foot?

Maybe they should look before they jump...

It's not like Bruce throws elbows in their face or pushes them from behind.

Look before they jump? I'm pretty sure Bruce's foot isn't under there BEFORE they jump, he sticks it under there while they are in the air. Vince should have whooped his ass the first time this happened, intentionally hurting players is crossing the line.

gospursgojas
11-13-2006, 01:56 AM
Look before they jump? I'm pretty sure Bruce's foot isn't under there BEFORE they jump, he sticks it under there while they are in the air. Vince should have whooped his ass the first time this happened, intentionally hurting players is crossing the line.

Like punching another man in the balls????

mavs>spurs2
11-13-2006, 01:57 AM

Yea, exactly like that.

gospursgojas
11-13-2006, 02:00 AM
Yea, exactly like that.

:toast Ok then

whottt
11-13-2006, 02:01 AM

Or flagrant fouling a guy going up in the air for a dunk like Juwan Howard did to Derek Anderson in Mavs V Spurs 01. And again to Malik Rose.

Or throwing an elbow at the point guard's face when he's setting up the play like Raja Bell did to Tony Parker in Mavs V Spurs 03.

Or throwing elbows at the PF's face when he's coming down with a defensive rebound like Raef LaFrentz did to Malik Rose in Mavs V Spurs 03.

We need to get some Laker Fans in here so they can lecture us on dirty players too....with players like Kermit Washington and Karl Malone...they'd definitely be the experts.

JamStone
11-13-2006, 02:01 AM
Bruce is dirty because he does things that could get players hurt. Sliding his foot under where a player will land is just one example. He'll trip, grab, clutch, elbow, and do other things that not only irritate, but will end up hurting another player. I recall a game against the Pistons where Rip was running baseline and Bruce put his arms up right at the moment Rip ran by and his elbow slammed right on the nose section of Rip's mask, so hard the mask came loose. Bruce does a lot of things that are dirty that he works very hard on to make look like they aren't on purpose.

You deify Spurs players like they cannot be without fault.

Oh, and by the way, that Rip example ... it IS like Bruce throws elbows in people's faces.

And, I'm sure Bruce has pushed people from behind before as well.

How about a drop kick to the face?

Bruce may not always intend to hurt another player, but he plays in such a way that if the way he plays injures another player, he doesn't care about that consequence. It's like he is playing recklessly even if he is not intentionally trying to injure.

whottt
11-13-2006, 02:04 AM
If Bruce is so dirty then how come guys who got pissed at him sign with the Spurs knowing he will be their teamate?

Like Michael Finley...

gospursgojas
11-13-2006, 02:07 AM
Playing recklessly doesnt = Dirty

Being a dirty player is when you do stuff to purposly hurt players.

Like Danny Fortson. He goes out on the court to put guys on their ass.

mavs>spurs2
11-13-2006, 02:09 AM
If Bruce is so dirty then how come guys who got pissed at him sign with the Spurs knowing he will be their teamate?

Like Michael Finley...

So they don't get injured going against him? Here's another thought, the Spurs are a perennial winning team? Anyone would come there regardless of whether or not Bruce Bowen plays for them.

whottt
11-13-2006, 02:10 AM
Do we need to post the quote by Isiah saying he didn't think Bruce did it intentionally?

And even went into the lockerroom after game 1 to tell Bruce how much he admired his play?

This was just Isiah trying to make his team play with some heart...and also to let Bruce know that he needs to watch that foot.

whottt
11-13-2006, 02:12 AM
So they don't get injured going against him? Here's another thought, the Spurs are a perennial winning team? Anyone would come there regardless of whether or not Bruce Bowen plays for them.

So then all these guys accusing Bruce of being dirty are just as dirty...since they'd have no problem with being his teamate and even jump at the chance to play on the same team.

And all these coaches saying it would also sign Bruce to play on their team.

END OF ARGUMENT.

Bruce pisses these guys off...they are not the voice of objectivity on the subject.

IF Bruce did it all the time there would be a lot more guys getting injured.

JamStone
11-13-2006, 02:16 AM
When you're reckless to the point that you don't care if someone could get injured because of your actions, I would consider that dirty.

mavs>spurs2
11-13-2006, 02:18 AM
So then all these guys accusing Bruce of being dirty are just as dirty...since they'd have no problem with being his teamate and even jump at the chance to play on the same team.

And all these coaches saying it would also sign Bruce to play on their team.

END OF ARGUMENT.

Bruce pisses these guys off...they are not the voice of objectivity on the subject.

IF Bruce did it all the time there would be a lot more guys getting injured.

End of argument because you say so? Bruce does things that are dirty and could get players hurt. Regardless of who says what or what coaches you think would want to sign Bruce, he has a tendency to play dirty. Deal with it.

whottt
11-13-2006, 02:19 AM
You mean like you dealt with Juwan Howard, Raef LaFrentz, Dennis Rodman, Raja Bell and Jason Terry?

Come to think of it...Jerry "skull fracture" Stackhouse as well.

Don Nelson was the dirtiest coach in history...his idea of playing D is injuring players.

WE'll need to lean on you quite a bit to learn how to deal with dirty play.

mavs>spurs2
11-13-2006, 02:24 AM
You mean like you dealt with Juwan Howard, Raef LaFrentz, Dennis Rodman, Raja Bell and Jason Terry?

Come to think of it...Jerry "skull fracture" Stackhouse as well.

Don Nelson was the dirtiest coach in history...his idea of playing D is injuring players.

WE'll need to lean on you quite a bit to learn how to deal with dirty play.

Hey, I never said I approved of any of those players actions, although the Stackhouse incident was an accident and Johnson simply slipped off the rim. Jason Terry punching Finley in the balls was bullshit. I'm not sure what you mean about Nelson, besides hack a shack I don't remember any intentional fouling. Why is it so hard for you to admit to something that blatantly obvious?

ChumpDumper
11-13-2006, 03:45 AM
I'm not sure what you mean about Nelson, besides hack a shack I don't remember any intentional fouling.Then you're an idiot.

Kori Ellis
11-13-2006, 04:32 AM
CROSSING THE LINE
ISIAH BETTER THAN SAN ANTONIO RANT ISIAH THOMAS

By Marc Berman
NY Post

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11132006/sports/knicks/crossing_the_line_knicks_marc_berman.htm

November 13, 2006 -- WHEN mild-mannered Spurs star Tim Duncan, whose personality borders on comatose :lol, is disgusted enough to rip you in the media, it probably means you crossed the line.

Knicks coach/president Isiah Thomas crossed the line in San Antonio on Saturday night. Thomas picked a fight with Bruce Bowen late in the first quarter of the Knicks' 100-92 loss, profanely threatening the Spurs defensive whiz and yelling at his own team, "If he does it again, break his bleeping foot." Bowen told a San Antonio newspaper he thought he heard Thomas scream something about "breaking his neck."

In Thomas' eyes, Bowen had put Jamal Crawford in danger by placing his foot under him while Crawford soared for a jumper. In Thomas' mind, it was the same sin Bowen committed against Steve Francis last Monday that caused an ankle injury to the Knicks guard.

Afterward, Duncan said: "It's just a bad situation when a coach puts himself in that position and goes after a player. It's very uncalled for. We have bigger plans than trying to hurt somebody."

Duncan went on to say Spurs coach Gregg Popovich would never attack an opposing player verbally.

The NBA's disciplinarian, Stu Jackson, told league spokesman Tim Frank yesterday he does not plan to look into the Bowen-Thomas scrape and it's unclear if the Spurs will contact the league.

But Thomas, whose Knicks host LeBron James' Cavaliers tonight, should realize he's above that behavior, no longer a member of the "Bad Boys." Thomas' demeanor is judged on a different standard, especially as team president. The irony is that projecting the right image is very important to Thomas, whose suit-and-tie dress code became the model for David Stern's policy last season.

WalterBenitez
11-13-2006, 06:13 AM
--Kori

At your service whenever you ask for that :eyebrows

WalterBenitez
11-13-2006, 06:19 AM
I'll raise the Isiah status from ... Stupid Teambuilder to Very Stupid.

Pistons < Spurs
11-13-2006, 09:09 AM
Isiah off hook

NBA OK on threat to Bowen

Neither Isiah Thomas nor the Spurs' Bruce Bowen is expected to face further disciplinary action for their conduct during the Knicks' loss to San Antonio on Saturday, a league spokesman said yesterday.

Bowen accused Thomas of threatening him during the game, saying the coach said he would "break his neck." Thomas became upset because he felt Bowen was intentionally sticking his foot under Jamal Crawford as the Knick guard was leaving his feet to take a jump shot, a tactic that Bowen has been accused of by Vince Carter and Ray Allen. Both Thomas and Bowen were called for technical fouls.

Thomas also shouted to his players that the "next time (Bowen) does that, break his --- foot."

The Knicks, who were off yesterday, did not comment on Bowen's accusation.

The incident came one day after Thomas said before the Knicks-Rockets game how he would have reacted during his playing days if someone had used a similar method.

"I'd beat the --- out of somebody," Thomas said Friday. "Really, I would --- murder them. ... There's certain things you don't do."

When Spurs coach Gregg Popovich was informed of Thomas' remark prior to Saturday's game, he said: "That's kind of a Mike Tyson comment, a little bit over the edge possibly. I'm sure he's just frustrated."

After Thomas screamed at Bowen, he and Popovich exchanged heated words, with Popovich telling Thomas, "Don't talk to my players." (Popovich, a close friend of Larry Brown, testified in Brown's arbitration hearing against the Knicks in late September.)

On Saturday, Thomas waved off Popovich and uttered a profanity before turning back to the Spurs' coach and shouting, "Tell your player not to keep sticking his foot under my players." Both coaches had to be restrained by their assistants.

After the game, Thomas and Popovich met at midcourt, shook hands and came to an agreement that the flareup was simply the result of intensity and gamesmanship.

Tim Duncan, however, didn't see it that way. The Spurs' All-Star power forward sharply criticized Thomas for threatening Bowen and nearly creating an ugly scene.

"It's a bad situation when a coach puts himself in that position and goes after a player," Duncan said on Saturday. "It's very uncalled for. I don't know what his intentions were with that and we have bigger plans than trying to hurt somebody. I would hope that people would understand and respect that and obviously they don't."

Thomas maintains that his decision to challenge Bowen was two-fold: he was protecting his players while trying to motivate his tired and flat team, which was trailing by 13 eight minutes into the game. Under the circumstances, both reasons seemed valid.

Last Monday at the Garden, Steve Francis suffered a sprained left ankle when he landed on Bowen's foot after going up for a jump shot. Like the Crawford play, Bowen was not called for a foul. Francis, who has refused to call Bowen's actions dirty, has missed three straight games.

The Knicks asked the NBA to review a videotape, and the league said yesterday that Bowen would not be punished despite a league mandate to regulate such tactics.

An opposing team official believes the league needs to start calling that foul on Bowen.

"I watched the play where Francis was hurt and I thought it definitely should have been a foul," the official said. "That needs to be stopped."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/470851p-396309c.html

Obstructed_View
11-13-2006, 12:17 PM
If they call it on Bruce, they have to call it when it happens to everyone else a dozen times a game. I'm all for it.

Please_dont_ban_me
11-13-2006, 07:31 PM
Damn...is there a video of this whole sequence of incidents?

I tried Youtube with no luck, and I doubt ESPNnews still has this as a story 2 days later.

whottt
11-13-2006, 07:42 PM
Damn...is there a video of this whole sequence of incidents?

I tried Youtube with no luck, and I doubt ESPNnews still has this as a story 2 days later.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43688&page=8&pp=26

Caboose
11-13-2006, 07:51 PM
bruce jumpin forward and sliding his feet turnin his back to box out the player, you cant fuckn stop physics!!!!
He didn't box him out. Boxing out doesn't just include turning your back. You have to put your arms out and put your ass into the guy. This is not an attempted boxout.

EDIT - LINK/IMAGE REMOVED BY WHOTTT

People are saying that the guys that complain are just being pussies. I love it. How would you feel if you jumped straight up for a jumper and came down on someone's foot? Especially when you've jumped straight up and landed in the same spot you jumped from? Ankle injuries are serious business. I would be very pissed. Being pissed off that someone hurt your ankle does not equal being a pussy.

whottt
11-13-2006, 07:55 PM
You can't post NBA Footage at SpursTalk...You can't post links to NBA Footage at Spurstalk.

Caboose
11-13-2006, 07:56 PM
You can't post NBA Footage at SpursTalk...You can't post links to NBA Footage at Spurstalk.
whoops my bad.

Please_dont_ban_me
11-14-2006, 12:27 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43688&page=8&pp=26

Nice to see you too.

whottt
11-14-2006, 12:38 AM
LMAO. Sorry man...I couldn't resist. Besides...I kinda miss that thread actually.