PDA

View Full Version : Malik Tired of Losing

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-12-2006, 09:59 AM
MALIK IN NO MOOD FOR ISIAH'S ROSE-Y OUTLOOK
By MARC BERMAN
November 12, 2006 -- SAN ANTONIO - While Isiah Thomas was content with the 1-2 road trip through Denver and Texas, Malik Rose was not.

Rose, the former Spurs' champion who received a big ovation when he entered last night's 100-92 loss, doesn't think 1-2 on the road - or 2-5 for the season - is anything to be smiling about.

"It's not good, we went 1-2 on a three-game road trip," Rose said. "[Isiah] gets paid to make that decision. I support him on it, but I'm sure he would have preferred to go 3-0. I'm just tired of losing."

Thomas was fine with the 1-2 trip after beating Denver, then losing relatively competitive games in Houston and San Antonio.

"You get a win on the road, it's great, especially against the caliber of teams we're playing against," Thomas said. "We were in every basketball game. [The Spurs were] 20 points better than we were Monday. Tonight it's eight. We're getting better."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11122006/sports/knicks/malik_in_no_mood_for_isiahs_rose_y_outlook_knicks_ marc_berman.htm

Zunni
11-12-2006, 10:35 AM
I'll bet he's not tired of cashing that damn paycheck though.

boutons_
11-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Who was fatter last night, Curry or Malik? :)

I caught Malik huffing and puffing again last night, I think he's really out of shape.

TDMVPDPOY
11-12-2006, 10:58 AM
I'll bet he's not tired of cashing that damn paycheck though.
YEH THAT

dbreiden83080
11-12-2006, 03:05 PM
Who was fatter last night, Curry or Malik? :)

I caught Malik huffing and puffing again last night, I think he's really out of shape.

Yeah he is totally out of shape and way past his prime these days. I like Malik but he has nothing to complain about. Even at his peak he was merely a role player who won 2 rings and somehow managed to get the Spurs to give him a 42 mil contract. He has won enough in his career and is playing to little with the Knicks that i feel he should not be complaining to the press about losing.

TDMVPDPOY
11-13-2006, 01:50 AM
he better get use to it since he still has 1 more season with them

Samr
11-13-2006, 02:46 AM
I don't blame Thomas, it's a survival instinct. If he'd said, "I'm really upset we didn't go 3-0 on that road trip. In fact, I'm downright pissed. We aren't putting forth the effort and clearly, we suck as a franchise from top to bottom," the entire front office would have been like, "You know what? He's right. We do suck as a franchise. Hey! I have an idea! Let's fire the coach and see if that helps!"

See, he has no choice but to be optimistic. If he was realistic, he runs the risk of people, namely, the owner, agreeing with him. And we all know who shoulders the blame when an entire team plays horribly consistently.

Isiah is just trying to swim as long as he can.

Fortunately, Malik is large enough that he already just floats.

Notorious H.O.P.
11-13-2006, 01:51 PM
It's not even Malik's fault he got that contract. I'm sure he was happy to sign it but Maliik and his agent didn't expect the Spurs offer to come in where it did for both dollars and years. Part of the issue was to make sure Duncan's best friend was in the fold at a time we were trying to get Duncan's deal done. But don't hate the man, hate the contract.