PDA

View Full Version : Early Season Picks/surprises

Spursfan21
11-12-2006, 01:18 PM
List your early title picks, and early surprises thus far, and all that good stuff from early this season here... Just an idea to get stuff going.

- I say watch out for the cavs this year, they are a pretty solid squad..Cavs vs Spurs or 76ers vs Suns would be tight but i think its gonna be Cavs vs Spurs lol or Heat vs Spurs or Heat..

- Early surprise: Andrew Bynum,if he plays as well as he has, lakers will be a threat..

Leetonidas
11-12-2006, 01:27 PM
It's up in the air in the East. There are a lot of good teams, but no really greats. The only teams in the East I can see getting to the finals are Miami and Chicago. MAYBE New Jersey.

As for the West, I'd say the Spurs is the obvious choice to the finals, followed by Dallas and Phoenix. But, The Jazz are looking damn good so far, as well as the Hornets. I expect both to make the playoffs.

Marklar MM
11-12-2006, 01:34 PM
The Atlanta Hawks.

z0sa
11-12-2006, 01:57 PM
I say Cleveland makes it to the Finals this year. Theyve got a good one two punch in LeBron and Hughes, solid rebounding and shotblocking, and finally some playoff experience.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-12-2006, 02:15 PM
Hawks.

picnroll
11-12-2006, 02:34 PM
The rest of the league heading to small ball and Don Nelson going away from it.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-12-2006, 11:37 PM
Kevin Martin is ice shmoove... I predicted this, along with everyone who knows anything about ball, but there ya go.

Very pissed that I can't get him on either of my fantasy teams tho! :depressed

samikeyp
11-12-2006, 11:39 PM
Hornets and Hawks. Its still early but they are looking good.

dirk4mvp
11-12-2006, 11:41 PM
Biggest surprise for so far is me awaiting the final score of Dallas vs. Portland. I hope this changes :(

MrChug
11-13-2006, 06:21 PM
I REEEEEAAALLLYYY don't know what's more shocking. At first reply I'd say the Hawks are just as big of a shock as I've ever felt in the NBA, but the fact that the supposed top picks to rock the NBA (Heat, Mavs, Nuggets, Pistons, Suns) are 12-19!!!

ducks
11-13-2006, 08:41 PM
jazz

Texas_Ranger
11-13-2006, 09:09 PM
Atlanta and Portland.

DirkAB
11-13-2006, 09:38 PM
Suns v. Cavs

flipcritic
11-13-2006, 10:51 PM
Jameer Nelson
Charlie Villanueva
Joe Johnson
Kevin Martin
Carlos Boozer (but he started this way last season too, and tapered way off til the end)

thispego
11-14-2006, 06:40 PM
Kevin Martin is ice shmoove... I predicted this, along with everyone who knows anything about ball, but there ya go.

Very pissed that I can't get him on either of my fantasy teams tho! :depressed
no shit, my last season's eassesment of KM was based solely on his pencil eraser haircut, and a little on how he thought he was a big badass after hitting the game winning layup against us in the 1st round.
But now I can see the light, kids pretty damn good, a lock for most improved player after the first week of the season

TheSanityAnnex
11-14-2006, 06:45 PM
no shit, my last season's eassesment of KM was based solely on his pencil eraser haircut, and a little on how he thought he was a big badass after hitting the game winning layup against us in the 1st round.
But now I can see the light, kids pretty damn good, a lock for most improved player after the first week of the season

You have all seen the light.

Kevin Martin for President.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-15-2006, 03:50 AM
Oh, and Deron Williams blowing up (missed him on my fantasy teams too, dammit!), I predicted that in my "ranking the divisions thread", and I said the Jazz would win the NW. Go to the thread and make your own picks - I made them before the season started, but give it a go... ;)

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52643&highlight=ranking

Also Jarret Jack, and I had him on my team and cut him when I should've cut Earl Boykins, darn it all!

Have him on all 6 of my teams...including the one I will beat you with this week!

:lmao You wish!

Have you seen the beasts I've put together? I would be beating every team in the league 6- or 7- right now. :lol

Pity about my other team tho, it sucks.

I couldn't get into the draft even though I stayed up all night, so I got a computer drafted team, and it blows. Ihace no blks, poor rebounding, and I'monly strong in 3s and asts. I've aleady waived 11 guys. :depressed

sickdsm
11-16-2006, 12:56 PM
How Kevin McHale making a second round pick stick, nevertheless be one of the top rookies overall in Craig Smith not on here i do not know.

TDMVPDPOY
11-16-2006, 01:12 PM
oka4 looks like dpoy candidate this year if he keeps it up....damn