PDA

View Full Version : Rutgers Moves to 7 in the AP

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-12-2006, 02:04 PM
I want them to go to the BCS title game and blow up the BCS. IF they make the national title game, you can bet your ass that the power conferences will suddenly be much more receptive to the idea of playoffs :tu

Brutalis
11-12-2006, 02:28 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/appoll.htm

Hogs #5

j-6
11-12-2006, 02:53 PM
I think even if they go undefeated, they're going to play Wake Forest or Boise State. I'm with you on hoping Rutgers makes it now that my horse is out of the race, but I don't see it happening.

Anyway, the BCS title game gets to pick the top two teams and three out of four bowls - assuming the Rose Bowl opts for the loser of the Ohio State / Michigan matchup - are saddled with at large bids. Also, the Big East has no set BCS-bowl affiliation in the first place. That's why Utah played Pitt the year they went to the Fiesta Bowl; they were the lowest caliber opponent left in the BCS pool.

My picks, for what it's worth:

Rose Bowl - Michigan (at large) vs USC (Pac-10)
Fiesta Bowl - Texas (Big 12) vs Boise State (at large)
Orange Bowl - Wake Forest (ACC) vs Rutgers (Big East)
Sugar Bowl - Arkansas (at large) vs Notre Dame (at large)
Title - Ohio State (Big 10) vs Florida (SEC)

samikeyp
11-12-2006, 03:09 PM
IMO #11 is fair Texas....I am surprised it wasn't lower.

NoMoneyDown
11-13-2006, 10:21 AM
Fortunately or unfortunately, I think the Mountaineers will be Rutgers on Dec 2nd. What'll be interesting to see will be if WVU can beat Pitt. That's a HUGE rivalry game that has caused many a ranked team to fall. It's definately not a given either way no matter how good or bad the teams are.