PDA

View Full Version : Pissing me off

dallaskd
11-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Im tired of Terrell Owens dropping perfectly thrown passes when hes fucking wide open. We pay all this money for him and it seems the best hands on the team is Patrick Crayton. Hes playing no more than a mediocre receiver.

ALVAREZ6
11-12-2006, 05:56 PM
Hes playing no more than a mediocre receiver.
But getting paid like the best receiver ever.

TO sucks and his over-rated.

kskonn
11-12-2006, 07:11 PM
he had some pretty tough catches over the middle on balls thrown high. Not to mention the 51 yard touchdown catch. I am assuming you wrote this before this part of the game.

BeerIsGood!
11-12-2006, 08:15 PM
I think Hurd made the best catch of the day on the ball thrown completely behind him. Hurd looks like he could really be a stud in this offense. Being able to go to Hurd, Crayton, TO, Glenn, and Whitten is really helping Romo.

TMSKILZ
11-13-2006, 05:17 AM

This coming from a bitter & scrubby Eagle fan! :rolleyes

SoCalSpursFan
11-13-2006, 05:53 AM

He isn't overrated, but he does drop some balls.

Name me one reciever who is better in terms of YAC.

TheTruth
11-13-2006, 07:39 AM
^^ Steve Smith ^^

mardigan
11-13-2006, 02:18 PM
Its pissing me off that all these dipshits start threads about TO like this. He has almost 700 yards and is tied with the league leaders with 7 td catches. The only reason his drops get blown out of proportion is because we see all of his games. Panther fans werent calling for Steve Smith or Keyshawns head after they BOTH had huge drops against the Boys a couple of weeks ago. Those drops lost the game. EVERY RECIEVER DROPS PASSES. Shit happens, fucking stop whining about the best player the Boys have had in a long time, and just wait and see what he does the rest of the year. If we were 7 and 2 no one would be bitching, but 5 and 4 means that TO is to blame. If anything blame the penalties and shut the fuck up

mardigan
11-13-2006, 02:19 PM
And all of the sudden Crayton has the best hands on the team? If you believe this, you really dont know shit

stretch
11-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Its pissing me off that all these dipshits start threads about TO like this. He has almost 700 yards and is tied with the league leaders with 7 td catches. The only reason his drops get blown out of proportion is because we see all of his games. Panther fans werent calling for Steve Smith or Keyshawns head after they BOTH had huge drops against the Boys a couple of weeks ago. Those drops lost the game. EVERY RECIEVER DROPS PASSES. Shit happens, fucking stop whining about the best player the Boys have had in a long time, and just wait and see what he does the rest of the year. If we were 7 and 2 no one would be bitching, but 5 and 4 means that TO is to blame. If anything blame the penalties and shut the fuck up
agreed. and i think that the broken hand is bothering him a little more than people think. if it were any other reciever, like Marvin Harrison who had a broken hand and were dropping passes, everyone would make all kinds of excuses for him. but since its T.O. we are talking about, people say that he is faking injuries, wimpy, etc... which is fucking stupid, since he was the best player in the SB with a broken leg. T.O. may be a bit of a jerk and all, but when it comes to work ethic, skills, and football, he is among the best of the best.

mardigan
11-13-2006, 02:36 PM
agreed. and i think that the broken hand is bothering him a little more than people think. if it were any other reciever, like Marvin Harrison who had a broken hand and were dropping passes, everyone would make all kinds of excuses for him. but since its T.O. we are talking about, people say that he is faking injuries, wimpy, etc... which is fucking stupid, since he was the best player in the SB with a broken leg. T.O. may be a bit of a jerk and all, but when it comes to work ethic, skills, and football, he is among the best of the best.
Couldnt agree with you more, I know he brings the attention on himself, but he is still producing, and seems to fitting in with our team great. He also missed all of training camp, so who knows how much better he would be if he had had that chance

dallasmavsnfuego214
11-15-2006, 12:00 AM
EVERY RECIEVER DROPS PASSES.[/B] Shit happens, fucking stop whining about the best player the Boys have had in a long time, and just wait and see what he does the rest of the year. If we were 7 and 2 no one would be bitching, but 5 and 4 means that TO is to blame. If anything blame the penalties and shut the fuck up

TO leads the league in dropped passes.

dallasmavsnfuego214
11-15-2006, 12:01 AM
The only reason his drops get blown out of proportion is because we see all of his games. Panther fans werent calling for Steve Smith or Keyshawns head after they BOTH had huge drops against the Boys a couple of weeks ago. Those drops lost the game. EVERY RECIEVER DROPS PASSES. Shit happens, fucking stop whining about the best player the Boys have had in a long time, and just wait and see what he does the rest of the year. If we were 7 and 2 no one would be bitching, but 5 and 4 means that TO is to blame. If anything blame the penalties and shut the fuck up

TO leads the league in dropped passes.

mardigan
11-15-2006, 02:25 PM
Reall, where is the link to back that up, I havent been able to find a list for leaders of dropped passes anywhere, or did you just make that up

kskonn
11-15-2006, 03:56 PM
Reall, where is the link to back that up, I havent been able to find a list for leaders of dropped passes anywhere, or did you just make that up

yea I think he was just trying to be clever. in reality TO has not had that many drops, just big ones, and really only two big ones.
The other reason I know he is full of shit is because I have seen the atlanta falcons play,I heard on sirius radio(the afternoon blitz) that they had 15 drops last week.

mardigan
11-15-2006, 04:03 PM
Yea, I kinda figured they were full of shit, its funny how people from Dallas hate on the Boys more than people who arent. Makes you kind of think the real fans arent even in Dallas

ALVAREZ6
11-15-2006, 07:07 PM
He isn't overrated, but he does drop some balls.

Name me one reciever who is better in terms of YAC.
As TheTruth already named, Steve Smith. By far.

dallaskd
11-15-2006, 09:17 PM
http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstorync/stories/110906cpcowlde.331ebe7.html

Owens leads the team with six dropped passes, including two in the end zone and has only one 100-yard receiving game.

And then you have Terrell Owens dropping a sure touchdown Sunday in a loss in Washington. Two weeks before that, he dropped an easy one that would have converted a fourth down and kept a late rally going against the Giants.
-espn.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=smith_michael&id=2655283

scott
11-15-2006, 09:40 PM

How much is by far? And you know this how exactly, considering it isn't an official NFL stat?

stretch
11-16-2006, 12:22 AM
well, i think that is true. in the last game they played, they flashed a stat that said he leads the league in dropped passes. then again, hes played with a broken hand that just had surgery. most recievers wouldnt even have the guts to play with a busted hand like that. hes playing, and is playing quite well. yea, hes had some uncharacteristic drops, but overall, hes playing very well, still among the best in the league. if you can play like one of the best WRs in the league with a broken hand, you are pretty damn good.

T.O. is damn good.

stretch
11-16-2006, 12:24 AM
i wouldnt say by far. and he gets extra yards in a different way. Steve Smith can outrun guys, but he cant break tackles and out muscle people with ease, the way T.O. can. if i needed 5 yards, id give the ball to T.O. first. nothing against Smith, as he is an INCREDIBLE reciever, but i think T.O. brings a little more to the table with his strength, size, and overall athleticism.

mardigan
11-17-2006, 05:39 PM
TO is also a great run blocking reciever, and 6 drops, if that stat up top is true, I know doesnt lead the NFL, i have seen at least two of the Falcons recievers drop at least 8 balls

King
11-17-2006, 08:53 PM
Not to let facts get in the way of some of the arguments in here, but TO is actually sixth in the league in dropped passes behind:

Going into last week:

Troy Williamson - 9
Steve Smith - 7
Reggie Williams - 7
Randy Moss - 7
Reggie Brown -7

TO has dropped 6 passes in 82 times that he's been the intended target. Fewer than Steve Smith. And keep in mind that Smith missed two games with injury, and Owens played a game with a broken hand.

And as far as YAC is concerned, TO is sixth behind:

Andre Johnson - 284
Marques Colston - 272
Anquan Boldin - 264
Steve Smith - 253
Hines Ward - 223
Owens - 216

And for those complaining, had you ever heard of TO before this year? He's always dropped passes. That's always been one of the on-field knocks about him. But, he was signed because of his game breaking abilities. The drops aren't new. They aren't league leading. And they don't diminish all the good things he brings to the team, whether you hate him or not.

StylisticS
11-17-2006, 10:51 PM
Yea, I kinda figured they were full of shit, its funny how people from Dallas hate on the Boys more than people who arent. Makes you kind of think the real fans arent even in Dallas

You go to any NFL city you will see this. The fans are passionate about the Cowboys because it dominates the metroplex when it comes to sports. Washington fans in Washington talk shit about Portis. Philly fans in Philly talk shit about McNabb.