PDA

View Full Version : Brezec illness update & 2007 Europeans

ploto
11-12-2006, 09:34 PM
This is for those of you who hassled the guy for sitting out 2 weeks:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - Charlotte centre Primoz Brezec said Sunday that sitting out the Bobcats' first six games has taught him a lesson: He plays too much basketball.

Brezec, worn down after a summer playing with the Slovenian national team, caught a virus at the start of training camp. He lost 15 pounds and was so weary doctors told him to sit out at least the first two weeks of the season.

Brezec said he won't play for the Slovenian national team in next year's European championships.

"That's what I do every summer, and obviously the last two years wore me down a little bit," Brezec said. "I'm going to have to consider not playing anymore for my national team. Next year I'm going to skip the European championships."

Brezec said he's gained back about seven of the 15 pounds he had lost and now weighs 258. He wants to get to about 260.

Brezec will travel with the Bobcats on their three-game road trip and hopes to play within a week.

"I'm just trying to get my strength back," Brezec said. "I'm doing everything I can. Weights, shooting. I can't wait to get back."

Selected by the Bobcats in the 2004 expansion draft, Brezec averaged 12.4 points and 5.6 rebounds last season.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/nba/061112/v111224.html

velik_m
11-13-2006, 03:27 AM
That's bullshit, Brezec wasn't the only NBA player in the WC. He just doesn't know how to pace himself.

themvp
11-13-2006, 03:48 AM
"I'm going to have to consider not playing anymore for my national team. Next year I'm going to skip the European championships."

:depressed

Rasho won't be able to handle it alone.

Kibic
11-13-2006, 04:19 AM
That's bullshit, Brezec wasn't the only NBA player in the WC. He just doesn't know how to pace himself.
So, you basicaly agree with him? What is the bullshit than?

velik_m
11-13-2006, 05:22 AM

Rasho won't be able to handle it alone.

:dramaquee

it's not like there are tons of good C's in the Europe. Rasho, Slokar and Lorbek will do.

So, you basicaly agree with him? What is the bullshit than?

"He plays too much basketball." is bullshit. Many players play more than him. There was, what, a month between WC and training camp? We didn't even play the last week of tournament. Not to metion Bobcats missed the playoffs. He's in poor phisical shape, if anything the training camp with slovenian NT would do him good. (that and he should get a nutritionist - he's way too skinny)

angel_luv
11-13-2006, 11:17 AM
Feel better Brezec. :)

Texas_Ranger
11-13-2006, 11:53 AM
I just hope that he will play like in the past.

themvp
11-13-2006, 12:09 PM
I just hope that he will play like in the past.

What past? :lol :rolleyes

Let's just hope we won't see another Chio Chips commercial with Brezec starring. (part of the past when he was in Indiana)

Texas_Ranger
11-13-2006, 12:36 PM

Let's just hope we won't see another Chio Chips commercial with Brezec starring. (part of the past when he was in Indiana)

Past 2 years. :oink :rolleyes

velik_m
11-13-2006, 02:02 PM

Those were by far the best Chio Chips commercials.

Slomo
11-13-2006, 04:59 PM

Rasho won't be able to handle it alone.Rasho won't play either.

themvp
11-13-2006, 05:20 PM
Rasho won't play either.

What? Why? :(