PDA

View Full Version : Oberto Sighting

PM5K
11-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Dunno if anyone cares but I saw Oberto tonight at the Leon Springs HEB...

I actually almost bumped into him, looked up at this huge guy walking right past my shoulder and said softly: Oberto, and continued on my way...

E20
11-12-2006, 10:04 PM

I actually almost bumped into him, looked up at this huge guy walking right past my shoulder and said softly: Oberto, and continued on my way...
No offense, but that sounded tremendously gay.

1Parker1
11-12-2006, 10:15 PM

Sounds more like a romantic rendevous...:eyebrows

METALMiKE
11-12-2006, 10:17 PM
like a romance novel :lmao

boutons_
11-12-2006, 10:19 PM
Strangers in the aisle exchanging glances
Wondering in the aisle
What were the chances we'd be sharing love
Before the night was through.

Something in your eyes was so inviting,
Something in you smile was so exciting,
Something in my heart,
Told me I must have you.

spurschick
11-12-2006, 10:20 PM
Was he buying beef jerky?

PM5K
11-12-2006, 10:34 PM
I guess I didn't say it softly, more like I said it to myself, is that less gay?

And by huge I mean tall...

21Spurs20
11-12-2006, 10:39 PM
I guess I didn't say it softly, more like I said it to myself, is that less gay?

This won't save your ass now.

Solid D
11-12-2006, 10:56 PM

:lol Too funny.

I went down the aisle at HEB late at night a few years ago and Kevin Willis was getting something out of the frozen foods doors. He saw me coming and he said "hello sir" and I just said something back like, hey Kevin. That's how Mr. Willis is, though.

TDMVPDPOY
11-12-2006, 11:03 PM
dont tell me he was perming his hair......

IX_Equilibrium
11-12-2006, 11:05 PM
I saw Horry last night at that new bar called Posh.

LuvBones
11-12-2006, 11:05 PM
Strangers in the aisle exchanging glances
Wondering in the aisle
What were the chances we'd be sharing love
Before the night was through.

Something in your eyes was so inviting,
Something in you smile was so exciting,
Something in my heart,
Told me I must have you.:lol

TDMVPDPOY
11-12-2006, 11:18 PM
I saw Horry last night at that new bar called Posh.

sounds like a gay bar, that probaly explains why his always laughin on court...

stretch
11-12-2006, 11:39 PM

who gives a fuck? he sucks. thats like if i were to brag about meeting Michael Doleac. no one cares.

ShoogarBear
11-12-2006, 11:43 PM
Tough crowd. :lol

rayray2k8
11-12-2006, 11:45 PM
I saw horry on tv at the fight on Saturday. :D

Solid D
11-12-2006, 11:52 PM
who gives a ****? he sucks. thats like if i were to brag about meeting Michael Doleac. no one cares.

It's more like running into an Olympic gold medalist and captain of a team that knocked off Team USA.

:wakeup

THE SIXTH MAN
11-13-2006, 03:30 AM
:lol

IX_Equilibrium
11-13-2006, 10:07 AM
sounds like a gay bar, that probaly explains why his always laughin on court...

Actually, no. There is an impressive amount of hot chicks there. It's not everyday in San Antonio you see a line outside of a club with people bribing the doorman to let them in the side entrance. The place was too pretentious for me, but the scenery was pretty good.

angel_luv
11-13-2006, 11:24 AM
That's cool you saw Fabri. :)

stretch
11-13-2006, 11:36 AM
It's more like running into an Olympic gold medalist and captain of a team that knocked off Team USA.

:wakeup
An olypic gold medalist that no one knows or cares about because hes so shitty. And they knocked off a team that honestly didnt give a fuck whether they won or lost because they know that winning in the olympics doesnt really matter anymore. they are more interested in winning where it counts... the NBA, something that Oberto will never be successful in.

Solid D
11-13-2006, 11:42 AM
I think you are transferring your thoughts about world events to the coaches and players who trained and played for team USA. "No one" perhaps = you and people with your limited view.

Cherry
11-13-2006, 11:57 AM
An olypic gold medalist that no one knows or cares about because hes so shitty. And they knocked off a team that honestly didnt give a fuck whether they won or lost because they know that winning in the olympics doesnt really matter anymore. they are more interested in winning where it counts... the NBA, something that Oberto will never be successful in.

Quote from Losertalk.com :dramaquee

stretch
11-13-2006, 12:03 PM
I think you are transferring your thoughts about world events to the coaches and players who trained and played for team USA. "No one" perhaps = you and people with your limited view.
If Larry Brown actually gave a shit about winning the Gold Medal, he could have done a MUCH better job than he did. any fucking moron knows that Stephon Marbury, Vince Carter, and Allen Iverson should not be on the floor together. Any fucking moron knows that Lebron and Carmello should have played much more, and that it was bullshit that they didnt get played just because they weren't "veterans" in Larry Brown's eye. and when watching them play, the majority of the team clearly looked and played like they were less interested in winning than they should have, and would in the NBA.

Solid D
11-13-2006, 12:51 PM
I'm an American and proud of it...and I realize that the USA had their chance and got punked. Plain and simple. Did they have enough practice time to prepare? No. Did they know how to play in the FIBA realm? No. Did they try their hardest? Of course they did. It's about playing for their country. Just like Argenina's NT players were doing. Just like Italy's National Team...etc.

The NBA is about entertainment as well as it is about competition. The WCs and Olympics are not so much about entertainment. They are about representing and competing with other top athletes to win an honor.

Let me encourage you to switch to some less myopic lenses.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-13-2006, 12:56 PM
I'm an American and proud of it...and I realize that the USA had their chance and got punked. Plain and simple. Did they have enough practice time to prepare? No. Did they know how to play in the FIBA realm? No. Did they try their hardest? Of course they did. It's about playing for their country. Just like Argenina's NT players were doing. Just like Italy's National Team...etc.

The NBA is about entertainment as well as it is about competition. The WCs and Olympics are not so much about entertainment. They are about representing and competing with other top athletes to win an honor.

Let me encourage you to switch to some less myopic lenses.
:tu :tu!

MaNuMaNiAc
11-13-2006, 12:59 PM
An olypic gold medalist that no one knows or cares about because hes so shitty. And they knocked off a team that honestly didnt give a fuck whether they won or lost because they know that winning in the olympics doesnt really matter anymore. they are more interested in winning where it counts... the NBA, something that Oberto will never be successful in. So the guy was excited about meeting Oberto, what's wrong with that? I realize Oberto is no superstar, but he is an NBA player and a gold medalist. What the fuck have you done lately? other than bag on people because of your utter ignorance?

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-13-2006, 01:01 PM
:lol Too funny.

I went down the aisle at HEB late at night a few years ago and Kevin Willis was getting something out of the frozen foods doors. He saw me coming and he said "hello sir" and I just said something back like, hey Kevin. That's how Mr. Willis is, though.

If Kevin Willis is calling Solid "sir" I think I want Mr. D on my next 3 on 3 team.

ShoogarBear
11-13-2006, 01:23 PM
If Kevin Willis is calling Solid "sir" I think I want Mr. D on my next 3 on 3 team.Maybe he's just really, really old.

Solid D
11-13-2006, 01:31 PM
I was waiting for Shoog to say that. Too predictable.

Yeah, I thought it was because I was older than Kevin, too. :lol

I wouldn't mind playing some 3-on-3 with Chopper, though.

ALVAREZ6
11-13-2006, 05:13 PM
What the fuck have you done lately? other than bag on people because of your utter ignorance?
Give him a break, he's a Mavs fan. He wouldn't know better, especially having Cuban as his role model.

MrChug
11-13-2006, 05:41 PM

Spoken like a true winner...a Mavs fan. :lmao

:idiot

AlamoSpursFan
11-13-2006, 06:43 PM

I've often wondered why we haven't signed him up to peddle our dead cow snacks.

Summers
11-13-2006, 08:52 PM
This thread made me giggle the whole time I read it.

Sasha
11-13-2006, 09:13 PM

Aw, don't pay any attention to 'em... :rolleyes

The Truth #6
11-13-2006, 09:14 PM
This thread made me wonder if it there could be any more retarded 5th grade gay humor.

What's wrong with seeing a Spur in public?

Solid D
11-13-2006, 10:34 PM
This thread made me wonder if it there could be any more retarded 5th grade gay humor.

What's wrong with seeing a Spur in public?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing wrong with it.

jman3000
11-14-2006, 04:20 PM
why are mavs fans so damn bitter about every little thing?

Taco
11-14-2006, 04:53 PM
No offense, but that sounded tremendously gay.

Drive Like Jehu
11-14-2006, 05:04 PM

I can't believe it's not butter......spray!

Sec24Row7
11-14-2006, 05:07 PM
If Horry played the field any more he would be...

Wilt.