PDA

View Full Version : If Yao did not have Van Grunty for a coach

Fabbs
11-13-2006, 01:04 AM
If Yao had a good offensivly competent coach since his entry in the NBA, how much better would he have been and currently be?

Tons i say.

Yao went off for 34 and 14 on Shaq tonight. Which i know you can babble about how old Shaq is, and he is. Truth is tho, Yao had plenty of good games against Shaq in years past also and Yao has had many good stretches in his career. All while being shackled by an offensively repressive Jeff Van Gundy offense.

What could Yao have done and where would he be with a real offense?

JamStone
11-13-2006, 01:21 AM
If you watched the game, you would know Yao did most of his damage NOT on Shaq, but when Shaq was out of the game.

Fabbs
11-13-2006, 01:33 AM
If you watched the game, you would know Yao did most of his damage NOT on Shaq, but when Shaq was out of the game.
Not talking about just one game.

Besides,
Yao 38 minutes
Shaq 33 minutes.

TDMVPDPOY
11-13-2006, 01:38 AM
You are definitely wrong in every aspect.

to bee dominant you must learn how to play on the defensive end and offensive end. So he learnt defense in the nba first by being a poster boy and he doesnt care if he gets dunk on, his defense is not that crap either.

On offense in his early years was limited due to 2 ballhogs on the team name francis, and mobley who were ahead of him on offense options. Last 2 seasons it was all about tmac, now tmac has decided to deferred his offense and allow yao to be first option. His game is more about jumpshots and lowpost spins....hirin patrick ewing didnt do him any good.....

Fabbs
11-13-2006, 01:44 AM
You are definitely wrong in every aspect.

to bee dominant you must learn how to play on the defensive end and offensive end. So he learnt defense in the nba first by being a poster boy and he doesnt care if he gets dunk on, his defense is not that crap either.

On offense in his early years was limited due to 2 ballhogs on the team name francis, and mobley who were ahead of him on offense options. Last 2 seasons it was all about tmac, now tmac has decided to deferred his offense and allow yao to be first option. His game is more about jumpshots and lowpost spins....hirin patrick ewing didnt do him any good.....

Are you talking to me or Jam Stone?

Good coach no let francis ballhog and mobley hogball. Good coach make sure Yao get plenty of shots, not let ballhogs take all the shots. No make Yao be 3rd option the whole of games.

TDMVPDPOY
11-13-2006, 01:49 AM
Are you talking to me or Jam Stone?

Good coach no let francis ballhog and mobley hogball. Good coach make sure Yao get plenty of shots, not let ballhogs take all the shots. No make Yao be 3rd option the whole of games.

jeff van gundy is not a bad coach at all as compared to his brother. His brother relied on shaq/wade

dont underestimate jeff even though he was an escape goat for the knicks...

Fabbs
11-13-2006, 01:49 PM
jeff van gundy is not a bad coach at all as compared to his brother. His brother relied on shaq/wade
dont underestimate jeff even though he was an escape goat for the knicks...

As cat eat Mouse, thus superiority of cat apparent and Mouse no more,
so good coach do better then Van Grunty, make win and make lose no more.
Good coach implement ball movement offense, no selfish hogball.

Van Gundy = offense suck more then Pop strategy. That hard to do.
Me no underestimate.
2002-03 no playoff
2003-04: lose 1st Round playoff 4-1 to Lakers, altho Shaq get bogus free throws too many.
2004-05: lead 1st Round 2-0 vs Dallas. Houston lose next 3 in row, two in row at home. Choke off series lose 4-3.
2005-6 no playoff

thispego
11-13-2006, 02:49 PM
Oh My God, this is one of the most painful threads I have ever been dumb enough to read

If you guys could take the time to learn a few things about grammar or punctuation your posts would suck A LOT less.

Fabbs
11-13-2006, 02:51 PM
Oh My God, this is one of the most painful threads I have ever been dumb enough to read

If you guys could take the time to learn a few things about grammar or punctuation your posts would suck A LOT less.

me help you find fruity proper spelling site. Grammer too.
You be happy there.

thispego
11-13-2006, 02:59 PM
i dont care abuot mispelled words... i do care about being able to comprehend what a poster is trying to say

Fabbs
11-13-2006, 04:50 PM

i dont care abuot mispelled words... i do care about being able to comprehend what a poster is trying to say

You no making sense.