PDA

View Full Version : Rockets' Chuck Hayes to miss up to 2 weeks with knee injury

Solid D
11-13-2006, 06:13 PM
HOUSTON — Houston Rockets forward Chuck Hayes is expected to miss up to two weeks after injuring his left knee in a collision with Shaquille O'Neal.

TEAM REPORT: Houston Rockets

The 6-foot-6 Hayes started six of Houston's first seven games and is the Rockets' second-leading rebounder, averaging 6.6 per game.

The Rockets said Hayes bruised and hyperextended his knee when he collided with O'Neal in the third quarter of Houston's 94-72 win over Miami on Sunday night.

An MRI Monday revealed no further damage. The injury will be re-evaluated by Rockets team physician Dr. Tom Clanton later this week, the team said.

The Rockets play San Antonio on Tuesday.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Posted 11/13/2006 3:46 PM ET

Solid D
11-13-2006, 06:14 PM
Due to the upcoming game with Houston, I'm posting in the Spurs' Forum.

MrChug
11-13-2006, 06:22 PM
NONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a huge fan. That guy's sick. Built like a 2 guard, produces like a PF. :cry

ChumpDumper
11-13-2006, 07:25 PM
I was hoping the Rocket injury bug didn't catch up with him. That team is cursed. We might actually be able to outrebound them now.

JLH Fans
11-13-2006, 07:40 PM
Poor Rockets....
With JHow on Duncan,he will post about a 35,15.
If Yao has to guard him....that's won t bode well for the Houston as well,because he will be in foul trouble early.
Easy Spurs win IM now,I just hope that Tmac won't be the next victim of Bruce "Lee"Bowen:D

ChumpDumper
11-13-2006, 08:07 PM
The Rockets still have plenty of bodies to throw at Duncan. Howard, Battier, Padgett, Deke -- and they'll probably activate Novak who has some potential.

Caboose
11-13-2006, 08:08 PM
The Rockets still have plenty of bodies to throw at Duncan. Howard, Battier, Padgett, Deke -- and they'll probably activate Novak who has some potential.
Howard can't guard Duncan.

whottt
11-13-2006, 08:08 PM
I was hoping the Rocket injury bug didn't catch up with him.

Interesting....

ChumpDumper
11-13-2006, 08:11 PM
Howard can't guard Duncan.I didn't say they would guard him....
Interesting.How so? I like the guy, that's always been pretty clear.

SpursIndonesia
11-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Sorry to hear that, he's like M Rose for them, undersized PF who plays bigger than his size dictates and actually has pulse & fire, unlike what J Howard would bring to the table. Not much of scoring threat, but truly a garbage basket worker.

Now, the Rox MUST exercise as many double team as we would toward each team respective premiere post player, and in the battle of attrition, we would have the advantage, though i must say they could force hack Duncan game, while we can't do the same toward them -certainly won't work against a guy who shots almost 90% FTs.