PDA

View Full Version : Grande DVR

King
11-13-2006, 06:28 PM
A couple questions for those who have it.

Can I record two shows at once? Without splitting cable, can I record one show and watch another?

And does it record HD?

Ballcox
11-13-2006, 07:11 PM
^ Well I have the top end DVR through Time Warner Cable and you can record two shows at the same time, BUT if you're watching the tv at the time the shows are recording you have to watch one of those shows, you can't switch over to a different program. I don't split my cable feed, so can't answer anything about that. Almost forgot, yeah you can record in HD format and watch later, pretty cool.

ZStomp
11-13-2006, 07:19 PM
I thought he asked about Grande and not Time Warner Cable.. ?????

Ballcox
11-13-2006, 07:34 PM
^ I just figured a DVR is a DVR, probably function much the same way. Of course, I could be totally wrong.........

King
11-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Yeah - I was wondering about Grande specifically. I got HD through them, but Tivo doesn't record HD. But, they were out of HD boxes, so they gave me a deactivated DVR - and I was wondering if it were worth activating, and just moving Tivo to the other room.

Was curious if anyone had it, and if it were on par with TWC's DVR.

MannyIsGod
11-13-2006, 09:32 PM
They use the same box I belive, so if you can do it on one, you can probably do it on the other.

MannyIsGod
11-13-2006, 09:50 PM
Oh yeah, I have a question about TW DVRs too. Do they have an HDMI out?

Ballcox
11-14-2006, 10:26 AM
^ Yup, if you have the latest version of their DVR's should have an HDMI. Although my friend hooked up that input and now tells me it creates some problems in recording off the tv at times, didn't use to happen before he hooked up the HDMI.

leemajors
11-14-2006, 11:32 AM
^ Well I have the top end DVR through Time Warner Cable and you can record two shows at the same time, BUT if you're watching the tv at the time the shows are recording you have to watch one of those shows, you can't switch over to a different program. I don't split my cable feed, so can't answer anything about that. Almost forgot, yeah you can record in HD format and watch later, pretty cool.

you can also record two things at once and watch a different recording at the same time, which is also neat. i don't have an HDTV so i don't have the HD dvr, but my last dvr box lasted 4 years before it started behaving oddly.

boutons_
11-14-2006, 11:56 AM
GrandeCom provided me with the Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD. the u/g is on-line.

King
11-14-2006, 06:45 PM
Well, I activated it last night - and it does all of the above. Like Manny said, it's virtually identical to TWC's DVR.

MannyIsGod
11-14-2006, 06:55 PM
Time Warner brought me a regular HD box when I asked for an HD DVR. I believe they are the same price so why on earth would I even want the regular box? So gay.