PDA

View Full Version : Electronic music fans?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-13-2006, 07:40 PM
Any of you peeps in SA or Austin electronica fans?

I don't mean the crappy house they play on the radio or in mainstream clubs, I'm talking underground, specifically progressive house - stuff by DJs like Sasha and Digweed, Nick Warren, Steve Lawler, Danny Howells, James Zabiela, Cass, Anthony Pappa, etc.

Is there any progressive scene in SA or Austin? If you know of it, please tell me where I can find it because I;d like to do some partying when I get there! :)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-14-2006, 08:12 AM
Seems like there's no-one around here with a clue what I'mtalking about. Fair enough.

TDMVPDPOY
11-14-2006, 09:42 AM
Techno, Trance, rave type of music, Drum and Base :D

inz inz inz inz

sa_butta
11-14-2006, 12:43 PM
Any of you peeps in SA or Austin electronica fans?

I don't mean the crappy house they play on the radio or in mainstream clubs, I'm talking underground, specifically progressive house - stuff by DJs like Sasha and Digweed, Nick Warren, Steve Lawler, Danny Howells, James Zabiela, Cass, Anthony Pappa, etc.

Is there any progressive scene in SA or Austin? If you know of it, please tell me where I can find it because I;d like to do some partying when I get there! :)You would probably have better luck in Austin not much of a scene here for that type of music. I listen to trance/techno, but alot of the clubs here are hip hop and r&b. DJ Irene was here back in September and Ferry Corsten was her in October. If you are lucky someone will be performing here. When will you be here?

expander
11-14-2006, 06:17 PM
When do you plan on visiting the city? I will direct you exactly where to go for such music and/or events. :downspin:

expander

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-14-2006, 06:23 PM
Ah, expander! That's the stuff I'm looking for! ;)

I'm coming in January, from about the 10th to the end of the month.

butta - I saw Ferry Corsten way back in 2000, quite a night!

TDMVP... - actually, I'm pretty specifically into prog, which is quite different from the genres you mention but overlaps every genre. Once upon I time I was a trancehead, but never really got into drum'n'bass. No, I'm definitely part of the Prog Tribe!

ALVAREZ6
11-14-2006, 06:58 PM
techo/trance/house is the shit

sa_butta
11-14-2006, 08:10 PM
On Fridays Antro is pretty good.
They usually have good line ups for concerts there.
David Glaude will be there next week.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=67507929

you could also try Metropolis sometimes they have stuff going on there
but mostly hip/hop and r&b there.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=50538075

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-15-2006, 04:49 AM
I went to Antro when I was in SA in 2003! It's just across the road from the Oak Hills tavern, and around the corner from a Black Eyed Pea. ;)

I went there on a Friday night and they played latino-style house... it was not my usual cup of tea, but it was great! Maybe a bunch of us should go there when I get to town?

Dayum! Metropolis on a Wednesday night looks like a MUST DO. Dolla drinks and hot students, bring it ah-oooun! :fro

sa_butta
11-15-2006, 12:49 PM
I went to Antro when I was in SA in 2003! It's just across the road from the Oak Hills tavern, and around the corner from a Black Eyed Pea. ;)

I went there on a Friday night and they played latino-style house... it was not my usual cup of tea, but it was great! Maybe a bunch of us should go there when I get to town?

Dayum! Metropolis on a Wednesday night looks like a MUST DO. Dolla drinks and hot students, bring it ah-oooun! :froAntro would be kick ass during a concert, I will keep an eye out on the line up and post on here in January when you are here. Im sure someone will be here during that time.

DFW Spurs
11-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Ruffn check out groovetickets.com. They don't have show listings for January yet, but you may want to scope it out every once in a while.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-16-2006, 01:22 AM
Thanks guys, I'll revive this thread in late December. ;)

ATRAIN
02-28-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm a fan. Listening to Armin Van Burren right now. I am more of a Tiesto Fan myself.

to21
02-28-2008, 02:01 PM
Best techno song ever:

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail45.html