PDA

View Full Version : Tickets for the heat game

GO SPurs Go
11-13-2006, 08:56 PM
Hey guys, I just bought 4 tickets for the heat game on the 22nd. I could only buy them in packets of two from the ticketexchange and only me and two other people are going. My question is whether someone would be willing to trade a good ticket (in section 20) for 2 tickets in section 109. (I'm from Miami and about the only Spurs fan there).

GO SPurs Go
11-15-2006, 09:55 PM
Also, does anyone know of a good hotel by the SA Airport? Oh, and also, what are some good places to go to for one day (ex. attractions, events etc.)

veronicamae
11-16-2006, 12:36 AM
I haven't been in many hotels here, since I live here, so I can't answer that.

To the other half of the question, the obvious answer would be the Riverwalk and the Alamo, oh and the Tower of the Americas.

GO SPurs Go
11-16-2006, 09:42 AM
thx, about how long does it take to go from the airport to the AT &T center?

Notorious H.O.P.
11-16-2006, 12:07 PM
Bid $60 on Priceline for a 3 star hotel in the Airport area. You'll get either the Crowne Plaza or the Holiday Inn Select.

If you're in town for one day, the best option for local attactions is downtown.

Personally, I'd grab a hotel downtown that has free airport shuttles and just grab a cab to and from the AT&T Center. You'll save some cash in transportation and it keeps you in the local action for the tourist attractions.

And if you're downtown, you can also go to Blue Star Brewing or Josephine Street Steaks and Whiskey and they have free shuttle service to Spurs games. Both are located on very short cab rides from downtown and give you the opportunity to get in a couple of pre-game beers or a great steak from a great local joint in addition to meeting with other rowdy Spurs fans on the way to and from the game. Then you can party on the Riverwalk afterwards.

Notorious H.O.P.
11-16-2006, 12:38 PM
If you decide to do downtown, you can go to Priceline and bid $73 for a 4 star hotel in the Riverwalk area. You will get either the Hilton Palacio del Rio (the likely choice - regular price this night is $120 - you will be pleased) or the Hotel Contessa (a decent possibility - regular price this night is $160 - you will be extremely pleased). Excellent locations and accomodations (Contessa is all suites) but the only issue is that you'll have to double check about the airport shuttle situation before you bid.

veronicamae
11-16-2006, 01:10 PM
If you decide to do downtown, you can go to Priceline and bid $73 for a 4 star hotel in the Riverwalk area. You will get either the Hilton Palacio del Rio (the likely choice - regular price this night is $120 - you will be pleased) or the Hotel Contessa (a decent possibility - regular price this night is $160 - you will be extremely pleased). Excellent locations and accomodations (Contessa is all suites) but the only issue is that you'll have to double check about the airport shuttle situation before you bid.

I agree w/ Notorious. It's probably better to stay downtown and shuttle the game instead of staying near the airport. With traffic and distance, it takes at least 15 minutes (on a good night) to get to the AT&T from the airport area. I'd say closer to 20-25 minutes since you're going to the Heat game which starts at the ridiculously early time of 6:30 and you'll be in rush hour traffic. If you take a shuttle, you don't have to worry about how long it takes, because you're not paying by the minute like with a cab.