PDA

View Full Version : david stern is worse than hitler

Fillmoe
11-14-2006, 02:17 AM
Indiana Pacers forward Jermaine O'Neal was fined $5,000 by the NBA for wearing his wristband too high up his arm.

"It was an inch too high," O'Neal said before Saturday's game against the Chicago Bulls. "They said we can't wear wristbands on our elbow this year. They said we can't wear two wristbands on one arm. I had it on my elbow. I couldn't believe it when I found out."
The league is trying to make sure players abide by a number of rules this season. It implemented a "zero-tolerance" policy to stop players from complaining and making gestures toward officials.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061112/SPORTS04/611120445&theme=

JHoLove
11-14-2006, 02:21 AM
That's the dumbest thing to get fined for.. ever.

kingsfan
11-14-2006, 05:00 AM
That's fucked up, next they'll outlaw bald heads and make Etan Thomas cut his braids. Wtf does it have to do with playing the game? :bang

angel_luv
11-14-2006, 09:24 AM
"It was an inch too high," O'Neal said before Saturday's game against the Chicago Bulls. "They said we can't wear wristbands on our elbow this year. They said we can't wear two wristbands on one arm. I had it on my elbow. I couldn't believe it when I found out."

If Jermaine was aware of the rule and broke it anyway, then he deserves the fine.
I agree the rule is nitpicky but Jermaine shouldn't expect to be exempt to it.

AFBlue
11-14-2006, 09:40 AM
NFL players get fined and/or verbally reprimanded for not having their socks pulled up all the way. Where is the backlash for Commish Tagliabue? Stern is just trying to project a professional image and wearing wristbands, headbands, arm sleeves, tights, etc. are more about aesthetics than they are about athletics.

It may have been a harsh penalty for a seemingly innocent mistake, but Stern is trying to send a message that he wants the players to project an image of professionalism through what they say AND what they wear.

nkdlunch
11-14-2006, 10:28 AM
so if you wear a wristband to high it's not professional????

bullshit. Fuck Stern he is a piece of shit

samikeyp
11-14-2006, 10:37 AM
If Jermaine was aware of the rule and broke it anyway, then he deserves the fine.

Well said.

The rule, IMO, is stupid. You can be just as unprofessional with a "legal" wristband as without. That being said...it is a rule and should be followed. I do think, however, the rule should be changed.

Supergirl
11-14-2006, 10:46 AM
Really? Worse than a "mass murdering fuckinghead", to quote Eddie Izzard? Really?

This was a really retarded thing to fine someone for. But really, stupid fines on multimillionaires - not even in the same ballpark as genocide.

samikeyp
11-14-2006, 10:52 AM
Supergirl has a point....I think the Hitler comparison was a bit extreme.

How about "Worse than Mrs. O'Gorman"

She was my 8th Grade Homeroom and Math teacher. Biggest BITCH ever. :)

nkdlunch
11-14-2006, 11:10 AM
Really? Worse than a "mass murdering fuckinghead", to quote Eddie Izzard? Really?

This was a really retarded thing to fine someone for. But really, stupid fines on multimillionaires - not even in the same ballpark as genocide.

Hyperbole: A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect, as in I could sleep for a year or This book weighs a ton.

TDMVPDPOY
11-14-2006, 11:15 AM
revenue raising.............

samikeyp
11-14-2006, 11:26 AM
No man, I am serious...she was a real bitch! :lol

Still I think we can all agree its a pretty stupid rule that should be changed. I have never agreed with those types of rules in sports. Just my .02

DirkAB
11-14-2006, 11:37 AM
These poor multi-millionaire basketball players. Don't they have it tough enough already? First they have to endure an actual dress code at their place of work. Then they aren't allowed to break the rules and travel anymore, and to make it worse when they are whistled for walking they can't complain about it to the officials!!!!!! WTF? Now another uniform requirement that was announced well in advance.........and they have the nerve to actually enforce it????? If I was Jermaine O'Neal I would say fuck that $20 million a season and quit, who needs the aggravation? Who does Stern think he is? He must think he's Jermaine O'Neal's slave master. Them poor players.

AFBlue
11-14-2006, 11:39 AM

Very eloquent response. It's called a "wrist" band for a reason, so wearing it higher up on the elbow is either a mistake or a fashion statement.

TDMVPDPOY
11-14-2006, 12:34 PM
soccer players dress code > nba ballers who still livin it up thug life

thats the difference, and i think stern is tryin to move the nba away from thug life and making it more professional like other sports bodies.

theroc5
11-14-2006, 12:37 PM
omg!!!!!! im speachless

Kori Ellis
11-14-2006, 12:50 PM

I think he's saying they said it couldn't be on their elbows after he did it. I think he's saying he wasn't aware of the rule and was told that when he got in trouble.

At least that's how I'm reading it.

Kori Ellis
11-14-2006, 12:54 PM
That's fucked up, next they'll outlaw bald heads and make Etan Thomas cut his braids. Wtf does it have to do with playing the game? :bang

Yeah I've been wondering if braids and cornrows are next.

All these little rules are getting ridiculous.

Do the corporate ticket holders (isn't that who they are trying to appease?) really care if a player has an elbow band? Are they appalled by it?

Be a bad guy, be an asshole. But don't you dare wear a wrist band near your elbow!

:lmao

Stupid.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-14-2006, 12:57 PM
Seriously out of the major sports, NBA players are BY FAR the whiniest bitches EVER!!

TDMVPDPOY
11-14-2006, 01:23 PM
Rules Are Rules!

AFBlue
11-14-2006, 01:58 PM
Yeah I've been wondering if braids and cornrows are next.

All these little rules are getting ridiculous.

Do the corporate ticket holders (isn't that who they are trying to appease?) really care if a player has an elbow band? Are they appalled by it?

Be a bad guy, be an asshole. But don't you dare wear a wrist band near your elbow!

:lmao

Stupid.

I think Stern is trying to rid the league of the bad guys and assholes, as well as the players who think they're flashy trend-setters...a la AI with the arm sleeve. He did institute the zero-tolerance policy for behavior on-court as well as this more strict dress code.

As far as the hair is concerned, I don't think it's out of the realm of possiblity. If Steinbrenner can regulate facial hair of his players, why wouldn't Stern be able to regulate how hair is styled?

David Stern
11-14-2006, 02:58 PM

:blah :rolleyes You bitch and moan on how I run the league yet you still watch it. This gives people something to talk about but I still make $$$$. :elephant

Bruno
11-14-2006, 05:03 PM
nba is a nothing more than a product for Stern.
When you try to sell a product, the packaging is important : these stupid rules are just here to be sure that nba's packaging is as cleaner as possible.

Sec24Row7
11-14-2006, 05:04 PM
I find it Freaking Hilarious that they are worried about sweatbands when they have people running around with 87 tatoos over their body including neck and face.

That's rediculous.

They need to grandfather everyone in the league now and admit no one else that has a visible tatoo on their arms, legs or head.

That will help corperate sponsorship.

All the rest is BS.

nkdlunch
11-14-2006, 05:09 PM
:blah :rolleyes You bitch and moan on how I run the league yet you still watch it. This gives people something to talk about but I still make $$$$. :elephant

but you spend all that money at Krispy Kreme you fat fuck

cheguevara
11-14-2006, 06:00 PM
O'neal needs to get with the program and sport one of these....

http://www.lapdonline.org/assets/jpg/collectibles/nazi_armband.jpg

dallaskd
11-14-2006, 06:16 PM
That's the dumbest thing to get fined for.. ever.

And you dont think its dumb for all the stuff Mark Cuban gets fined for.

ObiwanGinobili
11-14-2006, 06:47 PM
NFL players get fined and/or verbally reprimanded for not having their socks pulled up all the way. Where is the backlash for Commish Tagliabue?

I wouldn;t know cause I don't give a shit about football.

david stern on the other hand is fucking communist.

DirkAB
11-14-2006, 06:53 PM

All the bitching about Stern is a joke. Apparently people have no idea what he has all done for the league, he's been a very good commissioner. Tough and unpopular decisions need to be made when you're in his position.

samikeyp
11-14-2006, 06:56 PM
Hey Obi! Glad to see you again!

How have you been?

ObiwanGinobili
11-14-2006, 06:58 PM
this whole "no emotion" thing is way over the top. you have to admit that.
I want to see a GAME I want ot see hte guys react, I want to see the competition.

If I wanted to see no emotion, outburst, reaction etc then I would join a quilting circle.

as far as the ANAL ness of the dress code- dear fuckign lord. ANAL. thats the word. anal. not every dang little detail *needs* to be micromanaged.

and just because a guy does good doesn;t mean he;s nto a douche.

ObiwanGinobili
11-14-2006, 06:58 PM

How have you been?

wassuuuuuuup! :fro

samikeyp
11-14-2006, 07:00 PM
:toast

DirkAB
11-14-2006, 07:12 PM
this whole "no emotion" thing is way over the top. you have to admit that.
I want to see a GAME I want ot see hte guys react, I want to see the competition.

If I wanted to see no emotion, outburst, reaction etc then I would join a quilting circle.

as far as the ANAL ness of the dress code- dear fuckign lord. ANAL. thats the word. anal. not every dang little detail *needs* to be micromanaged.

and just because a guy does good doesn;t mean he;s nto a douche.

No emotion? You can react with emotion just don't show up the ref in the process. That past few years have been fucking ridiculous, I've never seen anybody treated with such disrespect as the refs have been by the players, it's been disgusting.

A bunch of you sound like honorary junior reps for the players association. Just let them do whatever they want, no matter how it hurts the league or it's ratings.

Kori Ellis
11-14-2006, 08:11 PM
All the bitching about Stern is a joke. Apparently people have no idea what he has all done for the league, he's been a very good commissioner. Tough and unpopular decisions need to be made when you're in his position.

I actually think he's been a great commissioner and appreciate everything he's done. I just don't get what damage is being done by a sweatband near your elbow. I understood the dress code to some extent as they wanted to clean up the appearance of some. But a wristband? Is there a corporate figurehead or NBA big wig sitting in the stands saying, "Hmm.. that wristband is a few inches high. That's looking pretty 'gangsta' to me. I don't mind all those tattoos. But damn if I have to see one more slightly elevated sweatband, I'm going to lose it."

What does a wristband near your elbow even mean? Is it a thuggish gang thing that I don't know about? If I don't know about it, then why would anyone else care? :lol

Trainwreck2100
11-14-2006, 08:21 PM
And you dont think its dumb for all the stuff Mark Cuban gets fined for.

Well thats cause Cuban is an idiot, and worse he's an idiot with money, and idiots with money are worse than idiots with guns because at least idiots with guns do the world a favor and shoot themseves

PM5K
11-14-2006, 09:12 PM
Stern should just save himself some time and get rid of all the black players...

DirkAB
11-14-2006, 09:26 PM
I actually think he's been a great commissioner and appreciate everything he's done. I just don't get what damage is being done by a sweatband near your elbow. I understood the dress code to some extent as they wanted to clean up the appearance of some. But a wristband? Is there a corporate figurehead or NBA big wig sitting in the stands saying, "Hmm.. that wristband is a few inches high. That's looking pretty 'gangsta' to me. I don't mind all those tattoos. But damn if I have to see one more slightly elevated sweatband, I'm going to lose it."

What does a wristband near your elbow even mean? Is it a thuggish gang thing that I don't know about? If I don't know about it, then why would anyone else care? :lol

I don't get this one either, but I think that the commissioner has taken a lot of shit for making changes that clearly need to be made, and it really bugs me. I think people love to bitch about every single decision that he makes, when I feel he has done a really good job overall.

The guy just can't win, he's criticized for the thuggish stigma attached to the players, and then he's criticized when he tries to take measures to clean that image up, not that the sweatband thing is thuggish. I just think that the guy is way too under appreciated and has earned a free pass to try some new things like this rule about sweatbands. I'm sure that it will be changed after they realize that it isn't that big of a deal as far as image goes, but still is it that that big of a deal to call the guy Hitler? Or a communist, a nazi , racist, or any other dirty name they can come up with. I think it is despicable to call a guy those types of things for the things he is doing.

I think people that constantly complain about Stern are basically immature and have no idea what it takes to run something as big as the NBA. They don't get that it is a business and not a democracy, and it definitely isn't the players own personal forum for free expression. Ultimately he is only looking out for the players best interest, but apparently some people don't get that.

ObiwanGinobili
11-15-2006, 10:09 AM
Stern should just save himself some time and get rid of all the black players...

obviously. :dizzy

jacobdrj
11-15-2006, 11:13 AM
I don't understand, is Stern Hitler or Stalin? (Fascist is the polar opposite of Communist)

KFRebel
11-16-2006, 08:25 AM
HA! Tomorrow we'll see a 50's style game. Really short shorts, no tattoos, almost no emotions when playing or robot style of playing, "Neat" Hair :lmao and almost no black players.

angel_luv
11-16-2006, 09:31 AM

How have you been?

Ditto that and beautiful new avitar. :)

Kermit
11-16-2006, 10:19 AM

this is by far the dumbest thing i have ever read. i'm not kidding. do you even know what a communist is?

mikejones99
11-16-2006, 07:28 PM
this is why women should be banned from the internets for the most part.