PDA

View Full Version : Novice Question - Which Spur Guards TMac?

Guru of Nothing
11-02-2004, 09:49 PM
In years past, McGrady only faced the Spurs twice per season, and chances are, neither game was significant. Now that he is in Houston, who get's the assignment? I assume Bowen.

What is Bowen's history against TMac? Is TMac really 6'10"?

(Yao just attempted a dunk that makes Rasho look like Dominique Wilkins).

RobinsontoDuncan
11-02-2004, 09:53 PM
yeah its almost a given that will be bowen's assignment, but i wouldn't be suprised to see ginobili on him b/c he plays some pretty good defense also, i dont know where to look for thoes stats though

Kori Ellis
11-02-2004, 09:57 PM
Bowen guards him.

Last season, I think TMac only played in one of the two games against the Spurs. He scored 28 points but shot 7-for-27 (25.9%) from the field, had six turnovers and the Magic lost.

Edit: TMac did play in the other game -- he shot 8-for-21 for 24 points.

Solid D
11-02-2004, 10:04 PM
Right, Kori and others. In the preseason game this year in Laredo, McGrady started out with BB on him and he went something like 0-11 before finally making a basket. He ended up 6-23 and 15 points.

When he was in Orlando, BB defended him while Manu and Hedo defended Giricek but he couldn't always stop T-Mac. T-Mac nearly always needs lots of shots to get his against, BB though. Just as it is against Kobe, the Spurs will take 27 shots to get 27 points any time, any game.

NZ Spurs
11-02-2004, 10:09 PM
I think TMac has historically struggled against the Spurs. I have a few of the games on tape.

Ira Newble did a nice job on him in one game.