PDA

View Full Version : Broken Shinbone

Horry For 3!
11-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Does anyone know how long it takes for a broken shinebone to be fully healed?

I just got news that my little brother broke his shinebone tonight in his basketball game and will have to have surgery in SA either tonight or tomorrow.

I am just wondering if he will be able to play basketball at all this season.

Horry For 3!
11-14-2006, 10:42 PM
Nevermind, it is worse than that.

He broke his Tibia bone then his patella tendon ripped away from his knee cap.

He will probably won't be able to play any sports for the year. :depressed

midgetonadonkey
11-14-2006, 10:51 PM
Maybe you shouldn't have tried pushing his legs over your shoulders.

Kori Ellis
11-14-2006, 10:52 PM

Inappropriate Midge.

Josh, he'll probably be out at least a year.

midgetonadonkey
11-14-2006, 10:54 PM
Sorry. I just had to bust his balls.

Horry For 3!
11-14-2006, 11:04 PM
Inappropriate Midge.

Josh, he'll probably be out at least a year.
My mom is stupid. I just talked to my dad and he said he fractured his Tibia near the Tendons. So he'll have to get screws then probably will be out til Feb.

ShoogarBear
11-15-2006, 12:09 AM
Crap, how do you do something like that playing basketball? Sounds more like a football injury.

TDMVPDPOY
11-15-2006, 12:13 AM
he fix you up

http://www.worldwide-web.com/JeffreyBabad/Simpsons/Nick/nick.jpg

Horry For 3!
11-15-2006, 12:27 AM
Crap, how do you do something like that playing basketball? Sounds more like a football injury.
What my dad said since he was at the game, was that he was dribblin down the court really fast since there was a fast break and he did a jump stop and there was so much pressure on his left knee and tendons that the Tibia fractured.

midgetonadonkey
11-15-2006, 12:29 AM
So many comments I wish to make, but they would be in appropriate, according to Kori.

ShoogarBear
11-15-2006, 12:31 AM
He fractured his tibia shooting a jumper? Never heard of that before.

NorCal510
11-15-2006, 12:33 AM
ouch

midgetonadonkey
11-15-2006, 12:34 AM

hmmm...curious.

Horry For 3!
11-15-2006, 12:41 AM
That is what my dad said but I just asked my brother. He said he was goin to take a jump shot and felt somethin hit his knee and just fell to the court.

CuckingFunt
11-15-2006, 01:38 AM
He fractured his tibia shooting a jumper? Never heard of that before.You're clearly not a Kings fan.

Mixability
11-15-2006, 01:41 AM
So many comments I wish to make, but they would be in appropriate, according to Kori.

:pctoss

Kori Ellis
11-15-2006, 02:20 AM
I just don't get why you would want to make fun of a kid who has just come back from being burned badly in a fire and now in his first game back on the basketball court, broke his leg.

Maybe you think your obnoxiously crass behavior is always funny, Midget. But sometimes it just isn't and you need to learn how to behave normally.

midgetonadonkey
11-15-2006, 09:21 AM
I didn't realize he was burned by a fire. That would've changed my whole approach to this thread, meaning I would've stayed out of it.

Horry For 3!
11-15-2006, 03:25 PM
Good news.

The doctor in SA today said that everything looks pretty good and is lined up. So he will keep this brace on his knee and let it grow back together or he can put a cast on it. The only thing is, is that it is on the growth plate so that will depend on how long he is out. The doctor still has to look at the Cat Scan to see what is wrong though but he doesn't think it is bad at all. He will call my parents later today, so I will know about that.

I am hoping that he will be able to play some basketball this season, that would make him happy.

ObiwanGinobili
11-15-2006, 03:32 PM
good to hear :tu

Horry For 3!
11-15-2006, 03:48 PM
I just don't get why you would want to make fun of a kid who has just come back from being burned badly in a fire and now in his first game back on the basketball court, broke his leg.

Maybe you think your obnoxiously crass behavior is always funny, Midget. But sometimes it just isn't and you need to learn how to behave normally.
I don't think I told anyone on the forum but you about him getting burned.

ShoogarBear
11-15-2006, 04:54 PM
How old is he?

easjer
11-15-2006, 04:57 PM
Hope the cat scan comes back with further good news. Sorry to hear about such an accident to your brother.

Mixability
11-15-2006, 05:06 PM
I am just wondering if he will be able to play basketball at all this season.

That's if he even wants to play anymore.

Breaking a leg on a jump shot is a pretty good reason for him to realize he might not have the bone strength to endure playing real hard.

Imagine if Bruce Bowen would've been guarding that shot?!?!?

He would've ended up paralyzed from the neck down.

FYI: Just joking, before Kori "midges" me.

tlongII
11-15-2006, 05:13 PM
I don't think injuries like that are all that uncommon. I remember tearing my patellar tendon while running hurdles in high school. I didn't hit my knee against anything. I was just planting my foot after clearing one of the hurdles and the tendon snapped!

Horry For 3!
11-15-2006, 05:14 PM
How old is he?
15, he'll be 16 in March.

Horry For 3!
11-15-2006, 05:16 PM
I don't think injuries like that are all that uncommon. I remember tearing my patellar tendon while running hurdles in high school. I didn't hit my knee against anything. I was just planting my foot after clearing one of the hurdles and the tendon snapped!
Well it has nothin to do with the tendon though. He fractured his tibia where the growth plate is. So it is near the tendons but they are fine.

Horry For 3!
11-15-2006, 05:17 PM
It is most likely that he misses the whole basketball season but he could play baseball though.

ShoogarBear
11-15-2006, 06:03 PM
Well it has nothin to do with the tendon though. He fractured his tibia where the growth plate is. So it is near the tendons but they are fine.I'd have to research it, but that just still seems like a weird injury under the particular circumstances. Maybe there can be unusual things when it comes to kids and growth plates.