PDA

View Full Version : LOL - Tim's Block on Yao

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-14-2006, 10:35 PM
Blocks him and takes the ball right out of his hand while Yao's falling on his ass :lmao

ShoogarBear
11-14-2006, 10:43 PM
The Yaomaster still hasn't learned to save some for the fourth quarter.

Behrooz24
11-14-2006, 10:47 PM
"No soup for you!" - elliott :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-14-2006, 10:50 PM

I was stuck on NBATV listening to the Rockettes announcers. :depressed

Lonestar
11-14-2006, 10:53 PM
I was stuck on NBATV listening to the Rockettes announcers. :depressed

Yeah that sucked but it was worth it once the Spurs started spanking 'em. Their play by play sucks!

Spurologist
11-14-2006, 10:59 PM
The Yaomaster still hasn't learned to save some for the fourth quarter.

I seriously don't give a fuck about saving energy. I always get the feeling that he doesn't want it enough. Even at the end of first quarters, he acts like he needs a respirator. When the fourth quarter comes, his body is fucking melting to the ground. He has to take a bigger leadership role on that team with T-mac struggling to get his groove back. Yao has to get the killer instinct to finish off teams off early and often - especially in the fourth. Bill Walton would say, "Where is the competitive response?"

Anyone agree?

Ginobilly
11-14-2006, 11:00 PM

Yup, Tim was salivating and put Yao Ming on the torture chamber.

4001 STEREO SPUR
11-14-2006, 11:01 PM
That was defintely cool when Tim took that ball.

ShoogarBear
11-14-2006, 11:10 PM
I seriously don't give a fuck about saving energy. I always get the feeling that he doesn't want it enough. Even at the end of first quarters, he acts like he needs a respirator. When the fourth quarter comes, his body is fucking melting to the ground. He has to take a bigger leadership role on that team with T-mac struggling to get his groove back. Yao has to get the killer instinct to finish off teams off early and often - especially in the fourth. Bill Walton would say, "Where is the competitive response?"

Anyone agree?I think some of it is definitely physical. Yeah, he needs to toughen up some, too. But I've seen enough soft players to know it's more than that with him.

RobinsontoDuncan
11-14-2006, 11:12 PM
I dont think there has ever been a guy his size that good in the NBA, i think it might just be tough to move that much body around at full speed for 4 quarters.

In all reality though, Yao will be the next great center, I'm looking forward to watching him for the next 10-12 years

TDMVPDPOY
11-14-2006, 11:16 PM
i am the real big men in the league, da fuckn best, im am the mvp. Respect my game biatch

Spurologist
11-14-2006, 11:23 PM
I think some of it is definitely physical. Yeah, he needs to toughen up some, too. But I've seen enough soft players to know it's more than that with him.

:reading

1Parker1
11-14-2006, 11:26 PM
I think some of it is definitely physical. Yeah, he needs to toughen up some, too. But I've seen enough soft players to know it's more than that with him.

:lol Seriously, if a guy who's 6'2 can tire out after playing 4 quarters in an NBA game, imagine a guy like Yao who is 7'6. He just needs to better learn to pace himself, though I'm not sure how much that would help either. JVG just needs to learn to better manage his minutes, as Pop does with Manu.

Please_dont_ban_me
11-14-2006, 11:31 PM
Yao seemed to be under the backboard a little...

Elliot made it sound like the second coming of DA/Bradley or something. It was alright, nothing Sportscenter top 10 worthy.

T Park
11-14-2006, 11:33 PM
It was alright, nothing Sportscenter top 10 worthy.

blocking a guy who has almost a foot on you, and taking the ball away and blocking it at the same time isn't?

ookie.

Please_dont_ban_me
11-14-2006, 11:35 PM
blocking a guy who has almost a foot on you, and taking the ball away and blocking it at the same time isn't?

ookie.

Oh, no.

If Yao went straight up for the dunk, and TD blocked it, that would be highlight worthy. But blocking a guy who has a foot on you, while he leans back trying to get back on the RIGHT side of the backboard...isn't exactly newsworthy.

Spurologist
11-14-2006, 11:36 PM
Every player gets tired in an NBA game. That is fact. But when you slouch your shoulder at critical times in the fourth, you are showing clear signs of weakness. Shawn Bradley once played big minutes in Dallas. He wasn't a low post player, but he always ran the floor and stayed active.

The greatness of the NBA is seeing superstars play at a level normally thought to be unreachable. It's almost pathetic to see him struggle with fatigue late in games. I pray that he doesn't get too many overtime games. His health might be in jeopardy.

leemajors
11-14-2006, 11:36 PM

Anyone agree?

it's easier for the spurs to play effective defense on him when the rockets aren't raining threes from the outside. they went cold in the second half and the inside out game went cold with it.

T Park
11-14-2006, 11:37 PM
If Yao went straight up for the dunk, and TD blocked it, that would be highlight worthy. But blocking a guy who has a foot on you, while he leans back trying to get back on the RIGHT side of the backboard...isn't exactly newsworthy.

That mentality along with Sportscenter is part of the goddamn problem nowadays, and why the Spurs never get their respect...

Please_dont_ban_me
11-14-2006, 11:38 PM
That mentality along with Sportscenter is part of the goddamn problem nowadays, and why the Spurs never get their respect...

You're misunderstanding me.

I'm not saying it wasn't a good play. It was. Timmy made a nice block. But saying he "blocked someone a food taller then him" and "thats going to be on your sports shows tonight" is a bit of a stretch. It wasn't all that.

Notorious H.O.P.
11-15-2006, 12:23 AM
He has to take a bigger leadership role on that team with T-mac struggling to get his groove back. Yao has to get the killer instinct to finish off teams off early and often - especially in the fourth. Bill Walton would say, "Where is the competitive response?"

Anyone agree?

It is in his nature to be deferential to others. This isn't a lightbulb that is suddenly going to come on for him. It will take time. Personally, as long as the Spurs are in championship contention, I'd rather him not play to his abilities.

I seriously don't give a fuck about saving energy. I always get the feeling that he doesn't want it enough. Even at the end of first quarters, he acts like he needs a respirator. When the fourth quarter comes, his body is fucking melting to the ground.

It takes an awful lot of effort to move a body that big. And those knees are already taking a beating which is a big part of what affects his mobility, especially late in games. This isn't the type of guy that builds stamina from running 5-10 miles a day. He can only do so much and he's not getting any younger. This will be a fact of life for him and if he is struggling, it is Van Gundy's job to manage his minutes.

milkyway21
11-15-2006, 12:23 AM
Blocks him and takes the ball right out of his hand while Yao's falling on his ass :lmaoyou're soooooo bad but ........:lmao :lmao :lmao

midgetonadonkey
11-15-2006, 12:24 AM
I'm glad Tim got one good block on Yao after he slapped Tim's shit a couple of times.

phyzik
11-15-2006, 12:28 AM
I dont care what anyone says, I'd unload Oberto, Barry and Elson with a few draft picks to get Yao on this team. I honestly think he is just in the wrong atmosphere. Spurs would be unstoppable with Yao at center playing alongside Timmy. 4th Quarter would be nothing more than garbage minutes every single game.

OK, maybe keep Oberto or Elson as a backup because of Yao's toe.... :spin

milkyway21
11-15-2006, 12:31 AM
Houston just had the season lowest point total? :lol

Spurs you are the best!

Please_dont_ban_me
11-15-2006, 12:31 AM
^ Ming is a cash cow, like Elliot said.

No way Houston gives him up any time soon.

phyzik
11-15-2006, 12:37 AM

I meant it as a rhetorical statement (am I using that word correctly in this instance? oh well, Im to drunk to care at this point.) Obviously they wouldnt give him up.

missmyzte
11-15-2006, 12:51 AM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/HTR108111423_1024x768.jpg

Notorious H.O.P.
11-15-2006, 12:54 AM

Yao is gold to them, especially considering Houston's large Asian population. Yao would be loved (and hated) as much as any Spurs player here but in the end, I'm sure Yao knows Houston is best for him.

milkyway21
11-15-2006, 01:05 AM
News
Duncan ripped the ball away from Yao Ming at one end, then hit a decisive fadeaway jumper at the other to put the Spurs up 90-83 with 2:38 remaining. He also blocked three shots and put on what Popovich considered one of his best defensive performances ever.
-----------------------

if the 6'11" Duncan will not make the 1st All-Defensive team this season on his block on a 7'6" Yao Ming I will curse the league :lmao

phyzik
11-15-2006, 01:08 AM
Blocks him and takes the ball right out of his hand while Yao's falling on his ass :lmao

http://yummybeer.homestead.com/files/dumbestkid.gif

Looks like a recreation of the Rockets play tonight..... RUN, RUN, RUN....... DOH!!!! :rollin

MI21
11-15-2006, 09:00 AM
That's one of the best blocks I've ever seen from someone who didn't jump :lol

jmard5
11-15-2006, 09:02 AM

great pix!

LilMissSPURfect
11-15-2006, 09:11 AM
http://mud.mm-a7.yimg.com/image/2626371362

:lol :lol :lol :lol :elephant :elephant

LilMissSPURfect
11-15-2006, 09:12 AM

nice :downspin:

v2freak
11-15-2006, 05:15 PM

Anyone agree?

Cut him some slack. The guy is 7'5" and perhaps not like most humans.

boutons_
11-15-2006, 06:17 PM
"The guy is 7'5" "

Nope, George Gervin said on TV last season that "Yao Ming is 8 feet tall".

That keep-worthy photo needs some Boutons_ multi-media image improvement sauce:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/bamboozool2/tim_blocks_yao_20061114.jpg

Hasn't Tim added to his formerly small tatoo?

Chris Childs
11-15-2006, 06:19 PM
Nice!