PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving...

2Blonde
11-15-2006, 01:13 AM
I am looking for a good place for my family to go out to eat for Thanksgiving this year. It's just going to be my, My husband , daughter and a friend so I don't really feel like cooking. Especially since I just got my house repainted in prep for selling it. I don't want a bunch of people over here messing it up. Anyway, any ideas of nice restaurants open on Thanksgiving would be greatly appreciated... :spin

Kori Ellis
11-15-2006, 01:30 AM
Crumpets, Biga on the Banks, Black Eyed Pea & Cracker Barrel are all open and serving a Thanksgiving meal.

I'd pick Crumpets.

Jekka
11-15-2006, 01:33 AM
I don't know if the Hill Country Hyatt is still taking Thanksgiving reservations, but they do a pretty good Thanksgiving buffet every year (my family has been doing that the past 5 or 6 years instead of cooking at home).

CharlieMac
11-15-2006, 06:41 AM
Family members asked to come eat in the new house for Thanksgiving......I had to deny that request. We just had new carpet put in.

SpursWoman
11-15-2006, 06:48 AM
We went to Tapitio Springs Country Club one year ... they had the buffet complete with prime rib & caviar (and the traditional fare)... and bottomless glasses of champaign. It was only like $20 per person. I'm not sure if they still do it, but it was certainly worth the drive ... I'd highly recommend it. :)

ZStomp
11-15-2006, 07:26 AM
Family members asked to come eat in the new house for Thanksgiving......I had to deny that request. We just had new carpet put in.

What's the point in having a house if you won't have family/friends over?

TDMVPDPOY
11-15-2006, 07:45 AM
crash at someones joint :D free meal

Marklar MM
11-15-2006, 08:08 AM

So you have a place to live, and you can mow a lawn instead of cutting the grass in the window box with scissors. You can also bury the dead bodies in the backyard...I got this from Prison Break.

CharlieMac
11-15-2006, 08:24 AM

I have about 16 nieces and nephews. Those kids get bored........punch all over my new carpet.

CharlieMac
11-15-2006, 08:25 AM
So you have a place to live, and you can mow a lawn instead of cutting the grass in the window box with scissors. You can also bury the dead bodies in the backyard...I got this from Prison Break.

That dude from Armageddon is way smarter than Scoffield.

Marklar MM
11-15-2006, 08:27 AM
That dude from Armageddon is way smarter than Scoffield.

Dude can't lay a finger on Scoffield.

CavsSuperFan
11-15-2006, 09:49 AM
I never realized that so many people considered inviting friends & family that had no where else to go for the holidays such a painful experience...That TV dinner is not looking so bad after all... :wakeup

http://jakking.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/tv_dinner_copy_1.gif

2Blonde
11-15-2006, 06:42 PM
I never realized that so many people considered inviting friends & family that had no where else to go for the holidays such a painful experience...That TV dinner is not looking so bad after all... :wakeup

http://jakking.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/tv_dinner_copy_1.gif

I don't consider it a pain, but since we are having ours painted to put it on the market everything is off the walls and in the process of being packed away. Between getting one house ready to sell and building the other, I just don't have time. Plus my family doesn't live here.

And thank you for the ideas everyone. I will call some of the places. :spin

THE HATER
11-15-2006, 06:47 PM
take them to that big ass dinner downtown, i think its free. :greedy

2Blonde
11-15-2006, 08:16 PM
take them to that big ass dinner downtown, i think its free. :greedy

The Raul Jimenez Annual Thanksgiving Dinner? :lmao

Marklar MM
11-15-2006, 08:19 PM
http://www.stepducks.net/quack%20to%20the%20hand%20revised%2012-06-01.jpg

mikejones99
11-16-2006, 07:18 PM
And that TV dinner only costs a couple dollars and you can watch the NFL in peace.

CrazyOne
11-16-2006, 07:29 PM
We went to Marie Callenders one year, it was good.

This year - new home - everybody's coming...
Parents - 2
Sister & family - 4
Cousin & family - 4
Sister-in-law - 1
Niece & brother-in-law from London - 2
Another cousin & family from Houston - 4
Plus us - 3

21 so far... oh, and they are all staying here overnight as well...
oh, and my parents are bringing two dogs with them also. :hungry:

PS.. 2Blonde, did you have any success with the USB problem?