PDA

View Full Version : Grades: Spurs @ Rockets

timvp
11-15-2006, 04:55 AM
Here are the grades for Spurs @ Rockets. (http://www.fullsportpress.com/grades111406.html)

WalterBenitez
11-15-2006, 05:30 AM
I didn't watch it, but for grades sounds that was an extrange game ... thanks to our bench we saved!

polandprzem
11-15-2006, 05:53 AM
Probabaly I will watch the game tommorow.

:yupi

MoSpur
11-15-2006, 08:46 AM
I thought Elson, Udrih, and Horry were awesome. If Beno doesn't score like he did in the third, the Spurs have two losses.

Supergirl
11-15-2006, 09:06 AM
I think games like this show why the Spurs are better this year - different style teams, different match ups, we can adjust better now.

Barry and Parker always struggle against teams that play tight D. No surprises there. Horry and Manu are slowly coming to life, that's good. And I love the combo of Oberto and Elson - they complement each other well, and will alternate minutes/games depending on match ups.

SAGambler
11-15-2006, 09:39 AM
I thought Elson did a great job, considering who he was up against. The guy that just schooled Shaq a couple of nights ago.

BigVee
11-15-2006, 10:11 AM
Agree totally. The best thing I saw was signs of Finley/Horry coming out of the darkness....not sure what that means for Brent however.

T Park
11-15-2006, 10:55 AM
I thought the grading of Finley was a bit harsh.

he rebounded very well, and played good defense..

2centsworth
11-15-2006, 11:08 AM
Tony falling in love with the "J" again?

Texas_Ranger
11-15-2006, 01:10 PM
Beno was the hero.

Mr. Body
11-15-2006, 01:42 PM
Just shows what kind of player Beno can be. On the court he has plenty of talent for a long career in this league, but often his work off of it is wanting.

Obstructed_View
11-16-2006, 06:51 PM
Finley and Parker were on the court shooting when we got to our seats at ~6:00. Finley probably took a thousand shots and looks to me like he's in a full blown slump. He of course didn't have any confidence in it, so he went extra hard on defense and rebounding.

It's not surprising the Spurs settled for jumpers and got behind in the first half. They absolutely could not miss in warmups. It was ridiculous. They made almost everything they put up.

Beno still has no confidence that Pop isn't going to pull him; he spent half the time he was on the floor looking over his shoulder at Pop. Even after he saved the team's ass at the end of the third he ended up getting lit up by Brent Barry for some lapse that I didn't see.

The work Elson put in defending Yao bordered on legendary. Yao just schooled Oberto on both ends of the floor, and with TMac dominating it looked like it was going to be a long night. Elson beat him to spots, made him fight for position, frustrated him, grabbed and pulled on him without getting whistled and basically wore him out for Duncan to finish him off at the end. Watching him fight for position I think he has a really good nose for the ball. I'd have never thought they would have won that rebounding battle.

Spurminator
11-16-2006, 07:13 PM
Even after he saved the team's ass at the end of the third he ended up getting lit up by Brent Barry for some lapse that I didn't see.

You sure Barry was chewing him out? Could have been one of those angry looking "Way to go boy!" moments that athletes are known to do...

Obstructed_View
11-17-2006, 04:28 PM
You sure Barry was chewing him out? Could have been one of those angry looking "Way to go boy!" moments that athletes are known to do...
No, it seems like Beno missed a a rotation or missed a rebound or something; there was some sort of defensive breakdown just before that (I wish I could rewind live events). Barry was definitely telling him about something he missed in an animated way, but it wasn't the only time I saw one Spur doing that to another. Beno has to respond positively to things like that and the coach has to put him back into the game after yelling at him.

timvp
11-17-2006, 05:01 PM
No, it seems like Beno missed a a rotation or missed a rebound or something; there was some sort of defensive breakdown just before that (I wish I could rewind live events). Barry was definitely telling him about something he missed in an animated way, but it wasn't the only time I saw one Spur doing that to another. Beno has to respond positively to things like that and the coach has to put him back into the game after yelling at him.

Barry was congratulating Beno on his good shooting. Barry is the last person who would criticize a player about their defense.

nkdlunch
11-17-2006, 05:04 PM
I enjoy reading ur grades timvp

Elson is gona have one hell of a year

Obstructed_View
11-18-2006, 11:28 AM
Barry was congratulating Beno on his good shooting. Barry is the last person who would criticize a player about their defense.
Sorry, but I know what I saw. Barry was yelling at him, looked up at the scoreboard, gave an "oh fuck it" gesture and then high fived him and they walked off the court.

SequSpur
11-18-2006, 01:38 PM
Tony Parker gets the A honor roll award.