PDA

View Full Version : Skipping ahead to the playoffs ....

boutons_
11-15-2006, 04:47 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

Based on what you've see in 6 or 7 games, how much will these WC rankings change?

If Mavs and Suns can crawl of out the lottery group, whom will they replace in today's top 8?

Utah
San Antonio
L.A. Clippers
Sacramento

L.A. Lakers
Golden State
New Orleans
Houston

============

Portland
Seattle
Denver
Dallas
Minnesota
Phoenix
Memphis

=============

I figure Warriors and Kings won't make the playoffs.

Mr. Body
11-15-2006, 04:48 PM
Kings should be in. Phoenix replaces Golden State. Not sure Denver gets in. Not sure.

jman3000
11-15-2006, 04:55 PM
this sure is hard to call... the hunt for the 8th spot is gonna come down to the wire this year... Mavs and Suns in ... Warriors and... Hornets out.

Supergirl
11-15-2006, 05:22 PM
Denver will get in, but only because someone has to from that weakass division.

Golden State and New Orleans won't make the playoffs. Utah may not either, but I think they will, simply based on how well they play even without AK-47.

SA, Dallas, Phoenix, Denver, Sacramento, Clips, Utah, and Lakers will make it to the playoffs.

ChumpDumper
11-15-2006, 05:25 PM
I think after the All Star Break the Eastern Conference and the D-League will switch places to keep things competitive.

jman3000
11-15-2006, 05:43 PM
I think after the All Star Break the Eastern Conference and the D-League will switch places to keep things competitive.
eastern conference is looking extremely evenly matched with no clear top dog as of yet. i reckon we won't know who's for real out east until a team goes on 10 or so game win streak. as of now the past powerhouses are looking marginal. lmao @ 4/5 atlantic divsion teams having a 3 game losing streak. new jersey should put up a decent fight... but nothing far too north of .500 me thinks.

Chris Childs
11-15-2006, 06:28 PM
right

dirk4mvp
11-15-2006, 07:27 PM
Dallas and PHX make it easy. Denver will make it.

Warriors, Hornets, and SAC don't make it.

RS189
11-15-2006, 08:01 PM
Kings are making it 100% no chance they dont

Xylus
11-15-2006, 08:49 PM
There's no chance in hell that San Antonio, Phoenix, Dallas, and the LA Clippers don't make the playoffs this year. I'd be surprised if those teams didn't occupy the Top 4 seeds.

I'd say that Memphis, Seattle, and Portland are definite locks for not making the playoffs.

Of the other 8... Houston looks good right now, and will probably make the playoffs if they stay moderately healthy. The Lakers were very competitive in last year's playoffs and are looking pretty nice at the moment, so I think they'll make it. I don't think New Orleans, Minnesota, and Golden State are quite good enough to make the cut this year. Sacramento and Utah do have what it takes, and will likely occupy the 7 and 8 seeds, respectively. Denver could go either way.

1. San Antonio
2. Phoenix
3. Dallas
4. LA Clippers

5. LA Lakers
6. Houston
7. Sacramento
8. Utah