PDA

View Full Version : This board is so freaking Bi-polar

phyzik
11-15-2006, 11:45 PM
I swear Im suprised they havnt shown a Spurs fan holding up a GO SPURS GO banner in one hand with a Razorblade in the other held to their Banner-holding Wrist.... you know.... just in case. :lol

1Parker1
That's part of its charm....duh.

v2freak
The ups and downs of sports..

SequSpur
11-15-2006, 11:46 PM
Wait til the Spurs lose in the first round.

RC's Boss
11-15-2006, 11:47 PM
I swear Im suprised they havnt shown a Spurs fan holding up a GO SPURS GO banner in one hand with a Razorblade in the other held to their Banner-holding Wrist.... you know.... just in case. :lol
They should do as I do after a loss.... :smokin

Man Mountain
11-15-2006, 11:48 PM

:lmao

People love to vent here. I guess that's what makes it special :lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-15-2006, 11:51 PM
Wait til the Spurs lose in the first round.

I'm surprised you think they'll get that far.

Phil Hellmuth
11-15-2006, 11:54 PM
its a back to back game. people haven't realized the spurs are the worst team on back to backs, and if you can't admit that you are dumb

SequSpur
11-15-2006, 11:55 PM
its a back to back game. people haven't realized the spurs are the worst team on back to backs, and if you can't admit that you are dumb

they don't have to be...

where was Matt Boner? fuk it.. if he ain't going to play, then activate the other wasted money player.

nkdlunch
11-15-2006, 11:56 PM
exactly. BACK-to-BACK, duh....

if you haven't figured out Spurs and back-to-back, you got issues

RC's Boss
11-15-2006, 11:58 PM
ATTENTION: The Spurs lost..... The sun shall rise manana

dirk4mvp
11-16-2006, 12:00 AM
:lmao

Kori Ellis
11-16-2006, 12:01 AM
:lol

Imagine when the Spurs have losing seasons again. Spurs fans are so spoiled with the winning ways that they lose it when the Spurs lose. :lmao

I agree with my husband in this post below and that's about all my thoughts on the game.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1287087&postcount=383

spurs=bling
11-16-2006, 12:15 AM
I'm not one of those fans,

coopdogg3
11-16-2006, 12:46 AM
Well I've accepted the Spurs loss on a B2B. Just comes with the territory.

But losing to Charlotte? Kinda embarrassing. Elite teams are suppose to take care of business against these lower-tier teams. Spurs didn't do that. It's not a big deal, but the Spurs lost a game they DEFINITELY should have won.

Extra Stout
11-16-2006, 10:48 AM
The Spurs have never, ever won a title after losing to a bad team during the regular season, with only three seasons as exceptions.

Spurminator
11-16-2006, 10:55 AM
Imagine when the Spurs have losing seasons again.

Probably less whining, because half the board will just quit watching.

Gino20
11-16-2006, 10:56 AM
The Spurs should have won last nights game without a doubt. Their play is unexcusable. However, their shots were not falling down. They had a few chances to put the game away and they failed. It's not like they got blown out. Oh well, its a loss. We are gonna lose more games and some maybe to teams we should win. Every team is gonna have a let down to a less quality opponent. If this did not happen, why bother playing and watching the game? The Spurs did lose to the Hawks last year and so did the Pistons. It does not surprise me that it was a back to back game either. In the end, we have beat the Mavs, Rockets, Suns and that is an excellent way to start the season. I will take that anyday. Let me know what you all think...

MajorMike
11-16-2006, 11:21 AM
D-CAF!! *stomp stomp* D-CAF!! *stomp stomp*

Notorious H.O.P.
11-16-2006, 11:37 AM
exactly. BACK-to-BACK, duh....

if you haven't figured out Spurs and back-to-back, you got issues

I'm never going to accept Spurs and back-to-back as any kind of excuse or justifiction for them losing winnable games.

For that matter, I think, as fans, anyone who casually accepts or even expects the Spurs to lose on the second night of a B2B is the person who has issues.

Yes, we have an older team and they don't always have their legs, especially after a hard fought first game, but the Spurs have to continue to work on player conditioning and Pop has to do a better job of managing minutes. I know it is a hard thing to do because you don't want to save players for the second game at the risk of losing the first one but the situation has to be addressed in one form or another. We can't just accept it as fact.

Shaolin-Style
11-16-2006, 11:38 AM
Is it just me or does at least one thread a year talk about these boards being bipolar?

Spurstalk needs therapy and good meds!

ObiwanGinobili
11-16-2006, 12:00 PM
can I just say I wasn;t even surprised by the loss last night?
in my heart I knew it was coming.

i mean come on! we were 6-1 on a back to back. law of averages or whatever. chaces were we were gonna lose. No biggie. I'd rather the bobcats get the W then Spurs get a L against dalASS.

tlongII
11-16-2006, 12:04 PM
That's the NBA.

FromWayDowntown
11-16-2006, 12:20 PM
Probably less whining, because half the board will just quit watching.

Half? You only think half will quit watching?

I'm guessing there will be about 15-20 of us talking to each other here when that inevitability comes to pass.

TDMVPDPOY
11-16-2006, 12:24 PM
seriously we should tank the season now!!!

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-16-2006, 12:25 PM
We're only bi-polar after a loss...or a win.

SpurYank
11-16-2006, 12:26 PM
Win or lose, our team is entertaining and watching a Spurs game a good way to spend a couple of hours. This is especially true when one knows they'll be there at the end. Whether or not we get home court advantage, this team will be there. Bet on it.

As for entertainment, the Spurs wins and losses don't compare to the entertainment one gets from reading these posts.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-16-2006, 12:33 PM
Half? You only think half will quit watching?

I'm guessing there will be about 15-20 of us talking to each other here when that inevitability comes to pass.

In an odd way I'm looking forward to that. This board gets so toxic after losses that it's ridiculous. For every one or two legitimate posts about what went wrong with the game there's a dozen posts about how X player should never have been signed, how Pop is the most overrated coach in NBA history, and then these threads about the cliff jumpers start. It's like clock work, and I've come to expect it but it's still annoying.

LEONARD
11-16-2006, 12:35 PM
Duh...

Why do you think other team's fans like screwing with Spurs' fans? HELLO!!!

jman3000
11-16-2006, 12:36 PM
Duh...

Why do you think other team's fans like screwing with Spurs' fans? HELLO!!!
because their sites suck and they have nothing better to do?

jman3000
11-16-2006, 12:37 PM
spurs should move to waco. i'm tired of their shit.

polandprzem
11-16-2006, 12:45 PM
:lol

Imagine when the Spurs have losing seasons again. Spurs fans are so spoiled with the winning ways that they lose it when the Spurs lose. :lmao

I agree with my husband in this post below and that's about all my thoughts on the game.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1287087&postcount=383

Well it is not a kindergarten, where you need a wakup call.
This is an NBA, and we are talking about the spurs an experienced team, a contender versus the worst team in the leauge.

Ofcourse I'd rather them lose this one then the Dallas, Chicago, Phoenix etc game. But it is all about mentality, profesionalism and leadership.

LEONARD
11-16-2006, 01:26 PM
because their sites suck and they have nothing better to do?

I have ZERO interest in a Mavs board...

Condemned 2 HelLA
11-16-2006, 03:00 PM
I have ZERO interest in a Mavs board...

Translation:
There is little no no traffic at the Mavs boards. That is why I come here.

LEONARD
11-16-2006, 03:32 PM
Translation:
There is little no no traffic at the Mavs boards. That is why I come here.

LOL...no really. I have ZERO interest in sitting around talking about the Mavs all day. I'm a huge fan, but I don't want to sit around and discuss the team with other fans...

same with the Cowboys...I've never even looked for a Cowboys forum...no interest...

SpursWoman
11-16-2006, 05:13 PM
This board is so freaking Bi-polar

Fuck you. :flipoff

Sweetheart. :makeout :)

phyzik
11-16-2006, 08:13 PM
Fuck you. :flipoff

Sweetheart. :makeout :)

:lmao I thought you where serious for a minute then scrolled down. :downspin:

smeagol
11-16-2006, 08:18 PM
LOL...no really. I have ZERO interest in sitting around talking about the Mavs all day. I'm a huge fan, but I don't want to sit around and discuss the team with other fans...

same with the Cowboys...I've never even looked for a Cowboys forum...no interest...
Man, you really work hard at being an idiot.

samikeyp
11-16-2006, 09:33 PM
Imagine when the Spurs have losing seasons again. Spurs fans are so spoiled with the winning ways that they lose it when the Spurs lose.

Very true. In a way its been even tougher for us longtime fans. For the most part, the Spurs have always been winners. They have only had 6 losing seasons since moving to SA in 1973. That made the frustration worse because they could never break through in the playoffs. It was always..."ok..this year is it" and until 1999...always heartbreak. As someone who lived through the dark days after Ice and before David (those were four of the six losing seasons)...I have seen it and its not pretty. You will still have a core of dedicated fans but the bandwagon will have a lot more leg room.

Enjoy this time and savor it because it will be gone one day and there is no guarantee as to when it will return.

ShoogarBear
11-16-2006, 09:42 PM
I don't get why some people get upset when other people get upset when the Spurs lose. (Say that three times.)

I would hope that the Spur players themselves take the get-pissed route when they lose rather than adopt the "oh, well, it's just one game" attitude.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-16-2006, 09:45 PM
I don't get why some people get upset when other people get upset when the Spurs lose. (Say that three times.)

I would hope that the Spur players themselves take the get-pissed route when they lose rather than adopt the "oh, well, it's just one game" attitude.

Yeah, but something tells me that Beno doesn't start screaming that Pop is overrated and the whole team should be traded for Rasho and three other Slovenians while Holt Cat should fire Pop for leaving Tim in in the final seconds of the Suns game.

ShoogarBear
11-16-2006, 09:48 PM
Yeah, but something tells me that Beno doesn't start screaming that Pop is overrated and the whole team should be traded for Rasho and three other Slovenians while Holt Cat should fire Pop for leaving Tim in in the final seconds of the Suns game.Maybe that's Beno's problem (only half-joking).

God, I would actually pay cash money to see that.

LEONARD
11-17-2006, 08:52 AM
Man, you really work hard at being an idiot.

How so?

phyzik
11-17-2006, 10:11 AM
How so?

I have to agree with Leonard, since when does he have to work for it?

I think its just a gift he has, you know, like those 6 year olds who can play mozart on the piano.... It just comes naturally to him. :elephant

LEONARD
11-17-2006, 10:15 AM
I have to agree with Leonard, since when does he have to work for it?

I think its just a gift he has, you know, like those 6 year olds who can play mozart on the piano.... It just comes naturally to him. :elephant

Exactly...

judaspriestess
11-17-2006, 01:42 PM
Spurs played like crap. They were lethargic and looked quite the older team. Spurs are still the superior team but statistically they will have a game like this every once in a while.

Charlottes only other win was against the Cavs. It can never be forgotten that the bobcats are still a professional basketball team and have the capability of beating any team in the league.

I personally thought it was a hilarious loss.

SequSpur
11-18-2006, 01:47 PM
yep, bipolar is a good term for this place.