PDA

View Full Version : Jason Kidd > Tony Parker

adidas11
11-15-2006, 11:56 PM
Just to rehash an old topic. :spin

Discuss.

SequSpur
11-16-2006, 12:01 AM
Tony Parker is the best player on the Spurs.

You can blame this night on our bigs. They fuckin suck.

RC's Boss
11-16-2006, 12:03 AM
Uh???? NO

ducks
11-16-2006, 12:05 AM
trolls need to be banned

dbreiden83080
11-16-2006, 12:17 AM

WTF are you smoking, :smokin seriously cut back a bit. Take Duncan off this team and watch them fall apart.

stretch
11-16-2006, 12:19 AM

no fucking way.

without tony parker, the Spurs are still championship contenders.

without Tim Duncan, the Spurs have NO shot at a title. none whatsoever.

TDMVPDPOY
11-16-2006, 12:19 AM
jason kidd at this day and age is playin out of his mind in that nets system, posting up superior stats......i say it once, i say it twice...

SequSpur
11-16-2006, 12:20 AM
WTF are you smoking, :smokin seriously cut back a bit. Take Duncan off this team and watch them fall apart.

Duncan is Parker's sidekick to another championship.

Do you watch any games or you busy reading Ludden articles?

Parker is not only on on the court, but in People magazine.

:fro

dbreiden83080
11-16-2006, 12:23 AM

Get your money back from your dealer because he's serving you up some really bad granola. That is like Saying Jordan was Pippens sidekick. Man seriously rebut this statement right now and prove to me you know something anything about basketball.

SequSpur
11-16-2006, 12:25 AM
Get your money back from your dealer because he's serving you up some really bad granola. That is like Saying Jordan was Pippens sidekick. Man seriously rebut this statement right now and prove to me you know something anything about basketball.

This year Parker has led this team to each victory. Haven't you watched?

dbreiden83080
11-16-2006, 12:27 AM
This year Parker has led this team to each victory. Haven't you watched?

Obviously more than you have, Timmy is the best fucking player in the league when healthy and he is healthy.

SequSpur
11-16-2006, 12:28 AM
Obviously more than you have, Timmy is the best fucking player in the league when healthy and he is healthy.

Timmy isn't in the top 5.

timvp
11-16-2006, 12:31 AM
Tony Parker will never be an All-Star. Just because he entered the league at a young age, that doesn't mean he's ever going to be more than an average point guard. He reminds me of this one soccer player ...

dbreiden83080
11-16-2006, 12:32 AM
Timmy isn't in the top 5.

What the hell kind of Spurs fan are you anyway. This guy has led the team to 3 titles and he is playing the best he has in the regular season in a couple years and this is the kind is disrespect you give him.

Kori Ellis
11-16-2006, 12:32 AM
It's just Sequ. He talks shit that he doesn't even mean.

SequSpur
11-16-2006, 12:33 AM
What the hell kind of Spurs fan are you anyway. This guy has led the team to 3 titles and he is playing the best he has in the regular season in a couple years and this is the kind is disrespect you give him.

led.

Welcome to 2006-2007.

Tim Duncan is no longer the stud he used to be. Reality.

dbreiden83080
11-16-2006, 12:35 AM
led.

Welcome to 2006-2007.

Tim Duncan is no longer the stud he used to be. Reality.

22 and 12 a game right now and you are asking me if i am watching the games, i say again lay off the :smokin .

adidas11
11-16-2006, 02:00 AM
Did I really say that TimVP? I could have sworn that I said that Tony Parker at best will be a borderline all star talent. And not a superstar like Jason Kidd used to be. :king

Anyhow, if I did make that statement before, then I have been proven wrong. Time to eat crow.

Texas_Ranger
11-16-2006, 02:03 AM
Jason Kidd is not better than TP, and TP is not the best Spur.

lefty
11-16-2006, 03:42 AM

:idiot
Wow...People mag...what a reference

Kevin Federline is in People Mag too...

lefty
11-16-2006, 03:53 AM
:downspin:

mikejones99
11-16-2006, 04:37 AM
Parker is now better, he has eva while kidd has a big headed kid and a bitchy wife.

xapatan2
11-16-2006, 06:34 AM
jason kidd at this day and age is playin out of his mind in that nets system, posting up superior stats......i say it once, i say it twice...

hummm, that is a kind of post very very difficult to forecast from you...

Well, what i am happy for is that these kind of post are coming after :

- a loss of the spurs ( whatever role may have played Tony ...)
- a non consistent game from Tony...

As a resume, 20 to 30 games a year, not much..

Ok, I'll deal with it !

Xap'

bdictjames
11-16-2006, 01:07 PM
Tim Duncan - Finals MVP 99, 03, 05

You know what MVP stands for?

TDMVPDPOY
11-16-2006, 01:14 PM
Tim Duncan - Finals MVP 99, 03, 05

You know what MVP stands for?

no fuckn shit

this thread is about kidd>parker

and neither one of them has one, so why are you bringin up TD?

George Gervin's Afro
11-16-2006, 01:17 PM
Parker is now better, he has eva while kidd has a big headed kid and a bitchy wife.

well put in this context TP is better than Kidd

nkdlunch
11-16-2006, 01:19 PM
the wifebeater is still better but not by much

TDMVPDPOY
11-16-2006, 01:25 PM
the wifebeater is still better but not by much

better then not by much???

kidd is superior to parker in every aspect of bball...besides rapping

hitmanyr2k
11-16-2006, 01:26 PM
Jason Kidd is so much better than Parker it's ridiculous that people even question it. He's what a point guard should be and more. You get the whole package from Kidd...leadership, scoring, court vision, rebounding (incredible for a PG), and defense. The guy is a triple double waiting to happen everytime he steps on the floor.

TDMVPDPOY
11-16-2006, 01:30 PM
the only pg tony parkers game resembles is gilbert arenas, and his known as a chucker, and in this case parker could be referred as a floater.....hahahaha

shaggy17
11-16-2006, 02:20 PM
As awesome as Kidd is, I would never trade Parker for him. Kidd is a great full court player but he is shit in a slow half court game. Parker is a much better half court player then Kidd is. In terms of making players look better then what they really are, Kidd wins that hands down. He made Kmart a fucking allstar and hes making RJ look like a star as well. Kidd is a superstar and Parker is not but could be down the line...we will see. I will say this though, anyone who thinks Parker is good ONLY because of Duncan is full of shit. He is a legitamte all star and a top 10 pg in this league. Parker is really that good and Kidd is really that GREAT!

mathbzh
11-16-2006, 02:23 PM
TP is 24 Kidd 33 end of story

mikejones99
11-16-2006, 02:25 PM
Kidd is not a wifebeater, he just married a cunt

SenorSpur
11-16-2006, 03:21 PM
As awesome as Kidd is, I would never trade Parker for him. Kidd is a great full court player but he is shit in a slow half court game. Parker is a much better half court player then Kidd is. In terms of making players look better then what they really are, Kidd wins that hands down. He made Kmart a fucking allstar and hes making RJ look like a star as well. Kidd is a superstar and Parker is not but could be down the line...we will see. I will say this though, anyone who thinks Parker is good ONLY because of Duncan is full of shit. He is a legitamte all star and a top 10 pg in this league. Parker is really that good and Kidd is really that GREAT!

Couldn't agree more!

spurs_in_7
11-16-2006, 03:41 PM
parker - (duncan + ginobili) = no allstar

remmeber how bad he played for his national team?

mathbzh
11-16-2006, 03:47 PM
Remember how bad Duncan played for USA?

But I agree that with another team, TP may not be an allstar. The same goes for Gino.

ginobili fan
11-16-2006, 05:36 PM

But I agree that with another team, TP may not be an allstar. The same goes for Gino.

for the last years ok, but for this season and the level of parker ,you put him in the suns ,put a big fat man who can screen and then with his success at FG%,in the paint...and all the f***ing shit he can do and plus,his faaaaaasst,etc...and plus........ :spin ========I think TP can really do something like 30points,10 assistts eaaaasilyyyy
It should be so fun to watch,so fast and furious and so crazy

RS189
11-16-2006, 10:34 PM
Only homers say parker is better than kidd, kidd is averaging like 14/8/8 and is a much better floor leader

peskypesky
11-16-2006, 11:02 PM
Both Kidd and Parker are playing great so far this season. The stats are there for all to see. Kidd's numbers, in particular, are SICK for a guy his age. Trying to decide who's "greater" is difficult because they're different players, with different games. Parker's a slasher and scorer first, then a passer. Kidd is a passer first, then a shooter. And that's what the stats reflect.

If you want to decide which one is the better "point guard", then you pretty much still have to give Kidd the nod. He's a classic point guard. But if you broaden the question to "who's a greater asset to his team?", then I'd say they're even so far this season.

Kidd has a veteran's experience, poise, and psychological resilience. Parker has the speed, quickness and finesse. Kidd has the court vision and passing skill. Parker has the, well, speed, quickness and finesse.

Any team would be glad to have either of these elite players. If I were managing a team and had to choose one of these guys, it would be tough. Part of me would want Kidd, due to the experience, toughness and the ability to make his team-mates better. But the other part would want Parker for his scoring ability and his youth. The wear and tear of a long season might just tip the balance to Parker. Betting on 33-year-old, surgically-repaired knees is not something I'd have the guts for.

stretch
11-16-2006, 11:10 PM
better then not by much???

kidd is superior to parker in every aspect of bball...besides rapping
this could have been somewhat of a good joke, however, rapping has nothing to do with basketball. you lose at joking.

stretch
11-16-2006, 11:11 PM
I will say this though, anyone who thinks Parker is good ONLY because of Duncan is full of shit. He is a legitamte all star and a top 10 pg in this league. Parker is really that good and Kidd is really that GREAT!

show us some reasons to believe that.

ginobili fan
11-17-2006, 06:09 PM
Both Kidd and Parker are playing great so far this season. The stats are there for all to see. Kidd's numbers, in particular, are SICK for a guy his age. Trying to decide who's "greater" is difficult because they're different players, with different games. Parker's a slasher and scorer first, then a passer. Kidd is a passer first, then a shooter. And that's what the stats reflect.

If you want to decide which one is the better "point guard", then you pretty much still have to give Kidd the nod. He's a classic point guard. But if you broaden the question to "who's a greater asset to his team?", then I'd say they're even so far this season.

Kidd has a veteran's experience, poise, and psychological resilience. Parker has the speed, quickness and finesse. Kidd has the court vision and passing skill. Parker has the, well, speed, quickness and finesse.

Any team would be glad to have either of these elite players. If I were managing a team and had to choose one of these guys, it would be tough. Part of me would want Kidd, due to the experience, toughness and the ability to make his team-mates better. But the other part would want Parker for his scoring ability and his youth. The wear and tear of a long season might just tip the balance to Parker. Betting on 33-year-old, surgically-repaired knees is not something I'd have the guts for.

Completly agree!
It's soooooo obvious

v2freak
11-17-2006, 07:18 PM

That would be a whole 'nother story.

I'd say Kidd is better; he means everything to that team. But it's usually not a good idea to center a whole team around 1 player because if that player gets shut down..well..

The Spurs work as a team and even teams like the Suns that rely on 1 player have many to fall back on. Jefferson's good, no, really good - but he can't do it all without Kidd

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
11-17-2006, 07:19 PM

Ignoring his last two weeks of subpar performances, I think given a larger role (over being the third option) that Ginobili's capable of doing fine on another team and could be considered an all-star. In fact he'd probably wouldn't be benched everytime he got hot. For the Argentine team he led them to Gold, this year he tried to get others involved and pulled his punches it seemed--eh he's a weird player because he's so self-less.

So he could go either way if he were on another team, depending on what he felt was best for the team.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
11-17-2006, 07:20 PM
Kidd is better, but he is old now and his perimeter shot is kind of sketchy. Never the less, he still has bigger cajones than Parker.

Rip-Hamilton32
11-17-2006, 07:23 PM
kidd is way better then parker in almost every aspect anyone who thinks different is an idiot

v2freak
11-17-2006, 07:24 PM
Ignoring his last two weeks of subpar performances, I think given a larger role (over being the third option) that Ginobili's capable of doing fine on another team and could be considered an all-star. In fact he'd probably wouldn't be benched everytime he got hot. For the Argentine team he led them to Gold, this year he tried to get others involved and pulled his punches it seemed--eh he's a weird player because he's so self-less.

So he could go either way if he were on another team, depending on what he felt was best for the team.

I would not venture so far as to say Ginobili is such a selfless player. I've noticed that he, understandably, seems to have a hero complex.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
11-17-2006, 07:48 PM
I would not venture so far as to say Ginobili is such a selfless player. I've noticed that he, understandably, seems to have a hero complex.
You could be right. That's just a weakness on his part. Though I think he puts it on himself to try to will the game. Though he's done it so many times, where he's put us in a position to win so what's to complain?

I still don't think it has much to do with the ego, as it does that he really just wants to win. Supposedly he was trying to win the All-Star Game. Eh, He's been putting in 100 percent effort since he was a rookie. He doesn't know how to fully pace himself still.

He's a bit of a freak in that regard cuz he plays with a lot of passion that he himself can't contain at times.

Dirk Nowitzki
11-17-2006, 08:13 PM
kidd is way better then parker in almost every aspect anyone who thinks different is an idiot

Except for a half court type of game.

shaggy17
11-17-2006, 08:25 PM
show us some reasons to believe that.

Parkers progression over the years says alot about him. He came into the league as a 19 year old.

His scoring,shooting,slashing,defense,toughness,passin g,basketball IQ, decision making, etc etc has dramatically improved every season. Yes I do agree Duncan helps take pressure off of Parker but he isnt the only reason why Parker has really improved as an overall player. Parker has worked his ass off to be this good. Duncan can only do so much in making Parker look good. The rest takes dedication and hard work. Either way if you think Parker is a complete scrub without Duncan, then you are just a hater.

v2freak
11-17-2006, 08:40 PM
Many regard the NBA as the highest level of competition for basketball players in the world. That being said, I don't think any players that have reached this level are befitting of the title "scrub" (that's like saying the worst of the best). Parker's definitely not a scrub IMO

Nero
11-17-2006, 11:06 PM

Excellent post, especially the part about Kidd's halfcourt game. But Kidd is the best defensive PG in the L. I've seen him shut down star PG's, like Nash and Billlups, many times. Additionally, what a luxury it is to have a PG who rebounds like a forward.

stretch
11-18-2006, 12:26 AM
Parkers progression over the years says alot about him. He came into the league as a 19 year old.

His scoring,shooting,slashing,defense,toughness,passin g,basketball IQ, decision making, etc etc has dramatically improved every season. Yes I do agree Duncan helps take pressure off of Parker but he isnt the only reason why Parker has really improved as an overall player. Parker has worked his ass off to be this good. Duncan can only do so much in making Parker look good. The rest takes dedication and hard work. Either way if you think Parker is a complete scrub without Duncan, then you are just a hater.
i never said hes a complete scrub. i think hes a decent player that has some skills. but hes not an all-star unless he plays with a superstar, like Duncan in this case. hes still not a very good shooter. he only hits wide open shots. when people contest his jumpers, hes not a great shooter at all. put just a little pressure on any jumper of his, its about a 95% guarantee that it wont go in. his defense is still very average. and im not sure where you got the idea that hes really tough. its a known fact that his kryptonite is physical play. get rough with him, and he plays like shit. his passing is very average. i dont see him making many tough passes at all. and a good 3-4 assists of his come from feeding duncan inside. if he plays 34 minutes a game, and can only average 6 assists per game playing with Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili, thats not showing much in terms of his passing ability. and he has about a 2-1 assist-turnover ratio, which also is not saying much about his passing and desicion making.

however, there are defintely some positives about his game as well. hes a very good finisher. hes very quick which helps his penetration. he usually hits wide open mid-range jumpers. however, those three things are not enough to make you an all-star on your own. if he can play the way he does, without Tim Duncan, and lead a team on his own, then yea, ill say hes an all-star. but if he and Ginobili together, who you guys say are all-stars (and many even call them superstars) then how come a couple years ago, the Spurs went a measly 6-7 without Duncan? typically, its said that 2 superstars are essential for a Championship team. so how come these "superstars" didnt do a whole lot, or lead their team to victory? how come also, when Tim Duncan leaves the game, the team's efficiency ratings drop significantly? according to 82games.com, when Tim Duncan leaves the court, the efficiency rating drops a whopping net 12.6 points. and his presence per 100 possesions also results in the team in scoring 11 more points than the opponent. Tony Parker's presence per 100 possessions actually shows a drop of 1.9 points. granted, this isnt really the best way to show whether a player is all-star material or not, but it clearly shows that Duncan's presence is FAR more essential to the Spurs success than Parker's. Duncan can win a title without Parker. Parker cannot win a title without Duncan (or some sort of superstar).

Das Texan
11-18-2006, 01:39 AM
i wonder if i have the original topic saved in my archives somewhere.

i seem to recall only a select few who felt that the offense should be ran through tony parker at the time.

:whistle

TDMVPDPOY
11-18-2006, 01:53 AM
the only these two idiots have one thing in common is there defense if overrated, they let as much PG scores as much as them

xapatan2
11-18-2006, 06:33 AM
the only these two idiots have one thing in common is there defense if overrated, they let as much PG scores as much as them

"idiots" ?

Who are you ?

the great master of basketball ???

The poster who comes with a terrific argumentation based on a proven and recognised knowledge ??

Nope...

Sure the defense of Kind at 33 is not anymore the way it was...

But please STFU if it is to post such stupidities ! Kidd has been an all-america defender for years and during his second and third years in San Antonio Parker has proved to have the ability to be an excellent defender...

After that, Parker does not work enough these days on the defense part ( as noted many times by timvp in the notes ) but it is only a question of priority and involvement. comes March and the end of the season it is surely gonna change.

But fucking please, stop to post when you can't fucking prove your statement, that's becoming really really tiring...

Parker and Kidd are in the Nba since respectively more than 5 and 10 years... you have to take in consideration this timeframe to have a judgment..

Xap

pichichi63
11-18-2006, 06:46 AM
i never said hes a complete scrub. i think hes a decent player that has some skills. but hes not an all-star unless he plays with a superstar, like Duncan in this case. hes still not a very good shooter. he only hits wide open shots. when people contest his jumpers, hes not a great shooter at all. put just a little pressure on any jumper of his, its about a 95% guarantee that it wont go in. his defense is still very average. and im not sure where you got the idea that hes really tough. its a known fact that his kryptonite is physical play. get rough with him, and he plays like shit. his passing is very average. i dont see him making many tough passes at all. and a good 3-4 assists of his come from feeding duncan inside. if he plays 34 minutes a game, and can only average 6 assists per game playing with Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili, thats not showing much in terms of his passing ability. and he has about a 2-1 assist-turnover ratio, which also is not saying much about his passing and desicion making.

however, there are defintely some positives about his game as well. hes a very good finisher. hes very quick which helps his penetration. he usually hits wide open mid-range jumpers. however, those three things are not enough to make you an all-star on your own. if he can play the way he does, without Tim Duncan, and lead a team on his own, then yea, ill say hes an all-star. but if he and Ginobili together, who you guys say are all-stars (and many even call them superstars) then how come a couple years ago, the Spurs went a measly 6-7 without Duncan? typically, its said that 2 superstars are essential for a Championship team. so how come these "superstars" didnt do a whole lot, or lead their team to victory? how come also, when Tim Duncan leaves the game, the team's efficiency ratings drop significantly? according to 82games.com, when Tim Duncan leaves the court, the efficiency rating drops a whopping net 12.6 points. and his presence per 100 possesions also results in the team in scoring 11 more points than the opponent. Tony Parker's presence per 100 possessions actually shows a drop of 1.9 points. granted, this isnt really the best way to show whether a player is all-star material or not, but it clearly shows that Duncan's presence is FAR more essential to the Spurs success than Parker's. Duncan can win a title without Parker. Parker cannot win a title without Duncan (or some sort of superstar).

Wade cannot win a title without shaq
Kobe cannot win a title without shaq
Magic cannot win a title without Jabar

To win the Nba title, you must have a dominant center or forward!
Don't forget that!!!

stretch
11-18-2006, 09:41 AM
[/B]

Don't forget that!!!
where was Jordan's dominant center/forward? and Shaq was hardly dominant in the finals last year.

oh, and Duncan can win without Parker. even more, Parker isnt even the second best player on the team. there is no way in hell that he is a better basketball player than Ginobili. while i think some people overrate him a bit (when calling him the best player in the NBA or a Superstar), he is one of the most creative players in the league, has a well balanced offensive attack, plays strong defense, and hustles. i dont think he is as talented as several other SGs in the league, but he works hard, makes plays, and is much more capable of creating his own shot than parker. he is also capable of handling pressure and physical play without backing down. he steps up when needed.

stretch
11-18-2006, 09:53 AM
But please STFU if it is to post such stupidities ! Kidd has been an all-america defender for years and during his second and third years in San Antonio Parker has proved to have the ability to be an excellent defender...

are you kidding me? Parker has not shown any ability to be an excellent defender. if you mean by getting steals, that doesnt mean much. steals is probably the most overrated defensive stat. Bruce Bowen doesnt get many steals, but he is considered the best perimeter defender in the game.

Parker cannot handle physical play. hes not very strong. when he gets beat, hes not good at finding a way to recover and make a play. those are qualities that an excellent defender has. Parker is an average defender at best. aside from his speed, he has no defensive qualities that stand out, and incredible speed isnt very important at all, as shown in other elite defenders.

pichichi63
11-18-2006, 12:09 PM
where was Jordan's dominant center/forward? and Shaq was hardly dominant in the finals last year.

oh, and Duncan can win without Parker. even more, Parker isnt even the second best player on the team. there is no way in hell that he is a better basketball player than Ginobili. while i think some people overrate him a bit (when calling him the best player in the NBA or a Superstar), he is one of the most creative players in the league, has a well balanced offensive attack, plays strong defense, and hustles. i dont think he is as talented as several other SGs in the league, but he works hard, makes plays, and is much more capable of creating his own shot than parker. he is also capable of handling pressure and physical play without backing down. he steps up when needed.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

This season, Gino is unstopable!!!!!

SequSpur
11-18-2006, 01:36 PM
Tony Parker is the best player in the world.

stretch
11-18-2006, 02:36 PM
Tony Parker is the best player in the world.
Shit, you stumped me there. I can't argue with that logic.

spursreport
07-01-2007, 08:22 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao Bump

jag
07-01-2007, 09:03 PM
damn. Self Ownage?

gilmor
07-01-2007, 10:29 PM
are you kidding me? Parker has not shown any ability to be an excellent defender. if you mean by getting steals, that doesnt mean much. steals is probably the most overrated defensive stat. Bruce Bowen doesnt get many steals, but he is considered the best perimeter defender in the game.

Parker cannot handle physical play. hes not very strong. when he gets beat, hes not good at finding a way to recover and make a play. those are qualities that an excellent defender has. Parker is an average defender at best. aside from his speed, he has no defensive qualities that stand out, and incredible speed isnt very important at all, as shown in other elite defenders.

Have you watched the Spurs vs Nuggets and Spurs vs Suns series?

Parker almost single handedly shut down Iverson and Barbosa..

Watch more games before you fucking post.. you seem like an imbecile

spursreport
07-01-2007, 10:31 PM

:lol :lol :lol Stretch has been saying this about Parker all season. Parker needs Duncan to be good and that he would trust Devin Harris and Jason Terry in the clutch then he would Tony Parker.

michaelwcho
07-01-2007, 10:46 PM
:lol :lol :lol Stretch has been saying this about Parker all season. Parker needs Duncan to be good and that he would trust Devin Harris and Jason Terry in the clutch then he would Tony Parker.

He really thinks Devin Harris and Jason Terry are more clutch than Parker?

spursreport
07-01-2007, 10:51 PM
He really thinks Devin Harris and Jason Terry are more clutch than Parker?

Yep he said it all season long. He would trust both of those players in the clutch more than Parker.

Nathan Explosion
07-01-2007, 11:29 PM
Everyone will point to Parker's Finals MVP as proof that he's the best Spur, but again, Marc Stein and Ric Bucher mentioned one thing that the media doesn't see, Duncan is the man who gets the offense and defense going.

In fact, Bucher kept stating that Parker was nowhere to be found in the 4th, and that it was Gino doing the scoring. And considering that Duncan was locking down the paint all playoffs, in addition to his man and being an amazing help defender, well, I can't really argue with the guy.

In this day and age, offense gets you noticed, but as Duncan (and Bowen as well) showed once again, defense wins you championships.

Parker, for all his improvement, is still the 3rd best player on the team behind Duncan and Gino. He's closed the gap considerably, which I'm thrilled with of course. But he's still not as dangerous out on the perimeter as Gino, and he definitely doesn't command the defensive respect Duncan does, which in turn allows Parker and Gino to roam free all over the court.

Parker may be the PG in name, but Duncan is the QB of the team. Anyone who watches the Spurs can see that Duncan starts the offense, and puts everyone into place on defense.

Parker is an All-Star. Duncan is the greatest PF to ever play, and will be a top 10 player of all time when he retires.

ginobili fan
07-02-2007, 12:52 AM
Everyone will point to Parker's Finals MVP as proof that he's the best Spur, but again, Marc Stein and Ric Bucher mentioned one thing that the media doesn't see, Duncan is the man who gets the offense and defense going.

In fact, Bucher kept stating that Parker was nowhere to be found in the 4th, and that it was Gino doing the scoring. And considering that Duncan was locking down the paint all playoffs, in addition to his man and being an amazing help defender, well, I can't really argue with the guy.

In this day and age, offense gets you noticed, but as Duncan (and Bowen as well) showed once again, defense wins you championships.

Parker, for all his improvement, is still the 3rd best player on the team behind Duncan and Gino. He's closed the gap considerably, which I'm thrilled with of course. But he's still not as dangerous out on the perimeter as Gino, and he definitely doesn't command the defensive respect Duncan does, which in turn allows Parker and Gino to roam free all over the court.

Parker may be the PG in name, but Duncan is the QB of the team. Anyone who watches the Spurs can see that Duncan starts the offense, and puts everyone into place on defense.

Parker is an All-Star. Duncan is the greatest PF to ever play, and will be a top 10 player of all time when he retires.

Yeah but honestly Gino isn't the 2nd best anymore,it's clearly parker and he has a better finish and perimeter game...this year.

Nathan Explosion
07-02-2007, 01:01 AM
Parker will pass up Gino when he develops consistent 3 point range. Oh, and when he finishes strong in the 4th, like Gino does.

I think Parker has closed the gap, but Duncan is the obvious #1, and Gino's ability to close out games in the 4th is what separates him from Parker.

Look at the numbers he's put up in limited minutes because he was moved to the bench. The guy is fearless, and as much as Parker has improved, I'd still rather have the ball in Gino's hands compared to Parker.

Freeze
07-02-2007, 03:39 AM
Parker will pass up Gino when he develops consistent 3 point range.

Parker was 4/7 in the finals (57%)
Ginobili was 10/23 (43%)

SpursIndonesia
07-02-2007, 04:06 AM
LOL, without Tony's scoring with high efficiency in the first place, there will be NO closing Ginobili in the 4th, atleast that's the story for 2007 postseason. Not to mention his solid defense against top tier PG throughout the playoff. I don't even regard Tony all that high among other PGs of the league, but the amount of disrespect from his own team fans in this forum simply amazes me.

He might have deserved some of the heat in the past, but after his 2007 playoff performance, it's just a silly IGNORANCE in my book -some people just can't accept present reality, and still clinging on past memories.

SpursIndonesia
07-02-2007, 04:11 AM
And considering that Manu is still our best closer -one of the best in the league, and arguably perhaps even better than Duncan- why would Tony try to supplant him as our main closer, fact that Manu is still doing his job well enough ? I see him playing with strong poise and confidence in the 4th this year, culminating in the post season, gone are his silly 4th Q TO's and mental meltdown, and that's still not ENOUGH ??

FuzzyLumpkins
07-02-2007, 04:36 AM
[/B]

Don't forget that!!!

Michael Jordan and Isaih Thomas say hello.

Johnny RIngo
07-02-2007, 04:53 AM

It's much harder for guards to dominate the NBA with the zone rules. These days you need a quality big man to make a championship run(Shaq and TD winning 8 of the last 9 'ships)

Pero
07-02-2007, 05:18 AM

Hm, so the definition of an imbecile is someone who doesn`t see into the future???
Learn to read better before you post could also be said. This is an old topic.
:wakeup

milkyway21
07-02-2007, 06:59 AM

:oops he is? :cry

I just choked on my coffee on that one :wakeup

michaelwcho
07-02-2007, 08:48 AM
It's much harder for guards to dominate the NBA with the zone rules. These days you need a quality big man to make a championship run(Shaq and TD winning 8 of the last 9 'ships)

I don't think that's right. Zone rules tend to help small teams beat teams with a dominant big man. Shaq and TD would be even more effective without zone (at least on Offense).

All of the new rules help guards score and penetrate, and hurt big men.

MadDog73
07-02-2007, 10:27 AM
Why are we comparing Tony Parker to Tim Duncan?

Tony Parker > The Kidd

That's all that matters.

stretch
07-02-2007, 03:24 PM

look at when i posted it before you fucking post, dickface. you seem like even more of an imbecile.

stretch
07-02-2007, 03:26 PM
Hm, so the definition of an imbecile is someone who doesn`t see into the future???
Learn to read better before you post could also be said. This is an old topic.
:wakeup
thank you. at least someone was paying attention.

its also funny just how obsessed spursreport is with me. i swear, more than 90% of his posts somehow involve me. :rolleyes

stretch
07-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Yep he said it all season long. He would trust both of those players in the clutch more than Parker.
where did i say ALL SEASON LONG that i would trust both of them more than Parker? I'm sure I said that I would trust terry more, and based on his history at the time of my posts, many people would agree. i dont recall constantly saying that I trust devin harris more in the clutch, although again, at the time of my posts, i would have, because he actually plays defense, unlike your boy Parker.

dickface
07-02-2007, 03:29 PM
it's pretty pathetic to bump a 6 month old thread. spursreport is a fag.

gaKNOW!blee
07-02-2007, 03:32 PM
yeah they said hello, 10 years ago, the last time a team won a championship without a center.

spursreport
07-02-2007, 03:37 PM
it's pretty pathetic to bump a 6 month old thread. spursreport is a fag.

karma is a bitch.

spursreport
07-02-2007, 03:39 PM
where did i say ALL SEASON LONG that i would trust both of them more than Parker? I'm sure I said that I would trust terry more, and based on his history at the time of my posts, many people would agree. i dont recall constantly saying that I trust devin harris more in the clutch, although again, at the time of my posts, i would have, because he actually plays defense, unlike your boy Parker.

Parker's defense has dramatically improved. He has evolved into an all around complete player. It sucks that karma is a bitch doesn't it?

dickface
07-02-2007, 03:39 PM
karma is a bitch.

and you're still a fag.

spursreport
07-02-2007, 03:40 PM
and you're still a fag.

:clap :clap GREAT comeback! :rolleyes

dickface
07-02-2007, 03:41 PM

it's certainly better than fishing through 6 month old threads to try to "stick it" to some guy on the internet that you're obsessed with.

spursreport
07-02-2007, 03:45 PM
it's certainly better than fishing through 6 month old threads to try to "stick it" to some guy on the internet that you're obsessed with.

It is fun quoting people who are wrong. Plus I am not the only one who does it. You can have stretch dont worry. I dont roll like that. I see how you are getting all protective over him.

dickface
07-02-2007, 03:46 PM
It is fun quoting people who are wrong. Plus I am not the only one who does it.

yes this front page is littered with 6 month old threads bumped by douches with nothing better to do than go after somebody on the internet who they're obsessed with.

wildchild
07-02-2007, 03:49 PM
Why are we comparing Tony Parker to Tim Duncan?

Tony Parker > The Kidd

That's all that matters.

Yes. And that would simplify matters. :spin

SpurOutofTownFan
07-02-2007, 04:15 PM
if you think parker is the best player in the spurs roster you are smoking weed.

stretch
07-02-2007, 04:33 PM
Parker's defense has dramatically improved. He has evolved into an all around complete player. It sucks that karma is a bitch doesn't it?
Normally, it does.

Unfortunately, Parker's defense has not dramatically improved as you say it has. Please do us all a favor and help yourself to a cup of "shut the fuck up."

stretch
07-02-2007, 04:34 PM
You are the one obsessed with a man on a sports forum.

wildchild
07-02-2007, 04:34 PM
if you think parker is the best player in the spurs roster you are smoking weed.

Or he never see to Spurs vs Mavs games :lol

sprrs
07-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Normally, it does.

Unfortunately, Parker's defense has not dramatically improved as you say it has. Please do us all a favor and help yourself to a cup of "shut the fuck up."

I'd say anyone that's able to handle AI and Steve Nash is a capable defender.

spursreport
07-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Normally, it does.

I didn't mean improve to where it is first team all defense but it sure as hell has gotten so much better.Oh and another thing Parker can handle physical play. Soft players don't win the finals MVP. Plus you should be the last person calling players soft when your team is full of them including Irk Noheartski. Here is to Tony Parker proving you wrong! :toast

gilmor
07-02-2007, 07:04 PM
look at when i posted it before you fucking post, dickface. you seem like even more of an imbecile.

Haha.. what an idiot.. I seldom come into this forum because I have been traveling. You can't comment anything on Parker because you just haven't watched enough of him played in recent games. Just laid off the hate and go back to your fuckface Mavs forum and trump on DirkNoWINski ..

stretch
07-02-2007, 10:39 PM
Haha.. what an idiot.. I seldom come into this forum because I have been traveling. You can't comment anything on Parker because you just haven't watched enough of him played in recent games. Just laid off the hate and go back to your fuckface Mavs forum and trump on DirkNoWINski ..
not coming here often has absolutley nothing to do with your inability to simply look at the date of the post, which is like 2 fuckin' millimeters above the username of the poster. way to go, ignorant-ass bitchboy.

and i have watched plenty of parker, in fact, i watched every game the spurs played in the playoffs except for two games in the Jazz series because I was out of town. Parker played incredibly well. much better than i expected him to play. i give him lots of credit. however, i still think his defense is very average, and without Tim Duncan opening up the offense and absorbing all the attention and double teams, he is not an all-star caliber player. then again, that is MY FUCKING OPINION. why does my opinion matter so much? the spurs have 4 damn titles. obviously my opinion didnt make one bit of difference, did it? be happy with what you have, and shut the fuck up.

Hemotivo
07-02-2007, 10:42 PM
Tp=kidd

stretch
07-02-2007, 10:45 PM
Oh and another thing Parker can handle physical play.
what physical play did he have to deal with in the playoffs? Iverson? Nash? Hughes? are you fucking kidding me? lets see how he fares in a 7 game series against people who actually play a lick of physical defense like Baron Davis, Chauncey Billups, and Jason Kidd. last time he faced billups, he looked lost. thanks to Duncan and Ginobili however, they still won the series, yet with minimal help from the alleged "superstar" Parker.

dont get me wrong. Parker suprized me quite a bit. but i still have many doubts about him. then again, its only one persons opinion. like i said to the last guy, my opinion obviously doesnt mean much, as does anyone elses. people used to call Jordan a choker, and we see how that turned out. then there were other people who called Vince Carter, Grant Hill, and about 50 other players the next Jordan. there are idiots here who once said that Ginobili is the best guard in the NBA after he had a good series in the Finals. obviously, by these examples, it shows opinions dont mean shit.

O-Factor
07-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Just to rehash an old topic. :spin

Discuss.

Andrew Bynum > Jason Kidd......At least thats what your lakers say