PDA

View Full Version : If I were Holt

Walton Buys Off Me
11-16-2006, 09:19 AM
I would refund the money those poor people spent on tickets last night that goes without saying. However, that money needs to come out of one man's pooket; Gregg Popovich.

Losing happens so let's not dwell but when your coach- one of the highest paid coaches in the league I might add clearly does not have his team prepared and this has become customary for Pop to phone in the back-to-backs, then it's time that this coach is held accountable.

And please stop giving me the "Pop has won three titles crap". You give fucking T Park Tim Duncan, David Robinson and Manu Ginobili and he'd have produced three titles. We should have more than three. The window is closing and isn't coming back for a long, long time people. That's how professional sports works. If you're fortunate and intelligent senough to build a championship caliber team by keeping championship caliber players locked up and playing together, the idea isn't to win every other year- it's to win EVERY YEAR and not lose to inferior opponents like Dallas along the way because your coach forgot how to play the game within the game.

Losing to the Charlotte Bobcats at home is absolutely pathetic and totally unnaceptable and I hate the whole "it's just one game" mentality. It shouldn't take a group of alleged professionals three and a half quarters to start respecting their opponents. It's unprofessional, childish and sad and that's the coach's fault.

Here's me thinking the Spurs would show a little pride this year after giving away a sure title last summer but I guess I overestimated them again.

spurschick
11-16-2006, 09:20 AM
If you were Holt, I'd ask if I could borrow some money. :spin

SpursWillOwn
11-16-2006, 09:28 AM
if i were holt i would give Walton 500 bucks and ask him to stfu already. i dint even bother to read your posts. if there isn't anything at all please stop the annoying posts

Walton Buys Off Me
11-16-2006, 09:31 AM
if i were holt i would give Walton 500 bucks and ask him to stfu already. i dint even bother to read your posts. if there isn't anything at all please stop the annoying posts

You're right, the forum needs more of you pal. Your takes force the reader to look deep into themselves and ask the questiosn they're afraid to ask.

RobinsontoDuncan
11-16-2006, 09:32 AM
how do you know that pop is one of the highest paid in the league, they dont release his contract info do they?

whottt
11-16-2006, 09:34 AM
Ahh...if the window closes, it closes. It's not like the Spurs winning a title will make you a winner or anything...I mean they've won two titles since you been here, and you are still a loser.

If the window closes...you'll get over it.

ducks
11-16-2006, 09:36 AM
I would rather spurs take a few games off during the season and be ready come playoff time
82 games is a long season

SpursWillOwn
11-16-2006, 09:36 AM
cheers to looking deep into ourselves and ask the questions we're afraid to ask. oh yeah and if i were holt i would buy spurstalk and make everyone put you on ignore list.

ducks
11-16-2006, 09:39 AM
I would refund the money those poor people spent on tickets last night that goes without saying. However, that money needs to come out of one man's pooket; Gregg Popovich.

Losing happens so let's not dwell but when your coach- one of the highest paid coaches in the league I might add clearly does not have his team prepared and this has become customary for Pop to phone in the back-to-backs, then it's time that this coach is held accountable.

And please stop giving me the "Pop has won three titles crap". You give fucking T Park Tim Duncan, David Robinson and Manu Ginobili and he'd have produced three titles. We should have more than three. The window is closing and isn't coming back for a long, long time people. That's how professional sports works. If you're fortunate and intelligent senough to build a championship caliber team by keeping championship caliber players locked up and playing together, the idea isn't to win every other year- it's to win EVERY YEAR and not lose to inferior opponents like Dallas along the way because your coach forgot how to play the game within the game.

Losing to the Charlotte Bobcats at home is absolutely pathetic and totally unnaceptable and I hate the whole "it's just one game" mentality. It shouldn't take a group of alleged professionals three and a half quarters to start respecting their opponents. It's unprofessional, childish and sad and that's the coach's fault.

Here's me thinking the Spurs would show a little pride this year after giving away a sure title last summer but I guess I overestimated them again.

spurs lose their second game and you finally show up
where we you win they were winning :hungry: :ihit

MadDog73
11-16-2006, 09:43 AM
Holy crap, walton's starting early this year...

Honestly, I dont give a fuck about the regular season. As long as we make the Playoffs (HC or not), it doesn't really matter. What exactly did Homecourt achieve last year?

A second round exit.

Save your venom for the Playoffs, when Pop deserves all the blame (or credit).

FromWayDowntown
11-16-2006, 09:49 AM
If you go 6-2 over every 8 game stretch of an NBA season, you end up with 60 wins.

I'm not exactly sure what it is that Walton wants Pop to do; it's lots of complaining with no proposed solutions. Should Pop pull off the suit and go out to hit jumpers when they aren't falling for his players? Does he need to do some Harry HighSchool garbage of throwing crap in the locker room in early November against a bad team when his team will undoubtedly be playing for very high stakes come April, May, and June?

The willingness to believe that anything short of 82-0 is unacceptable strikes me as exceedingly short-sighted. Teams have bad losses; all of them. The Spurs have theirs. Perhaps it will serve them well as they go forward from here -- if it's the only bad loss they have all year, I'll be surprised; but only because even great teams tend to have a few bad losses along the way. It's the nature of things in this league.

ducks
11-16-2006, 09:50 AM
the pistons lost to the gs by over 20 points people

Gino20
11-16-2006, 11:00 AM
I would ask Holt to lend a poor college student some money lol!

coopdogg3
11-16-2006, 11:03 AM
I would use mystery cap room to sign an elite center, and then form the long awaited long 3 with unlimited potential out of my magic hat.

That's what I would do if I were Holt.

Notorious H.O.P.
11-16-2006, 11:53 AM
The easiest one to say is that if you were Holt, you'd buy your tampons at HEB instead of Sam's Club but the fact is that I agree with several of your statements.

cherylsteele
11-16-2006, 11:57 AM
Didn't we lose to Atlanta in 2005? They were the worst team in the league that year.

Everything turned out fine didn't it?

cherylsteele
11-16-2006, 12:27 PM
If you were Holt.......the Spurs would probably not have won any titles....AND....have moved to another city by now.

my2sons
11-16-2006, 12:40 PM
and dallas start is pathetic they should fire aj
and the heat, pat riley sucks, he should never be considered for the hall of fame
and phil should be hung by the tallest tree for not making la a contender and not winning a championship in the last few years.

teams play like crap once in a while, its the nature of an 82 game season. the spurs are off to one of their best starts in the pop era and you are getting bent because they let up against a team that played way over its head and still almost pulled it out in ot. ya, that pop sucks, lets bring back that coaching wonder called bob hill to get this team up every night. what a blow hard

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-16-2006, 12:44 PM
Holy crap, we lost for the second time in eight games! The sky is falling.

FIRE POP!!! Pull the f'in trigger Holt!!

TwoHandJam
11-16-2006, 01:10 PM
Sean Elliot claimed during the broadcast that Pop was worried about the "letdown factor" after the win in Houston. What pisses me off is that if he knew that that the Spurs were prone to playing down to their opponent (which we all know they are), then why the hell does he wait for 3 1/2 quarters to go by before going Serbian on their asses?

I really wonder who has replaced the old, fiery Pop with this new softer version. Last night was like watching a train wreck in slow motion and this wasn't the first time its happened. When the calm reminders stop working, it's time to get it people's faces to get results. It shouldn't take 3 1/2 quarters to get a team of professionals to get their act together against far inferior competition.

Didn't we have something like 7 losses at home all of last year? Now we already have two on our home court in less than a month. One of them to the freaking Bobcats no less.

my2sons
11-16-2006, 01:15 PM
maybe he's banking it...elite dumps have always dumped against bottom of the barrel teams, and going serbian night in and night out can grow old fast. now pop has a reference point to throw at the team to be blown out in a crucial game down the road. it's the cia in him

Big Shot Rob
11-16-2006, 01:17 PM
If I was Holt I'd be over at the Wild Zebra every other night.

Phenomanul
11-16-2006, 01:19 PM
No back-to-backs in the playoffs.... remember?

We'll be alright.

Phenomanul
11-16-2006, 01:22 PM
Sean Elliot claimed during the broadcast that Pop was worried about the "letdown factor" after the win in Houston. What pisses me off is that if he knew that that the Spurs were prone to playing down to their opponent (which we all know they are), then why the hell does he wait for 3 1/2 quarters to go by before going Serbian on their asses?

I really wonder who has replaced the old, fiery Pop with this new softer version. Last night was like watching a train wreck in slow motion and this wasn't the first time its happened. When the calm reminders stop working, it's time to get it people's faces to get results. It shouldn't take 3 1/2 quarters to get a team of professionals to get their act together against far inferior competition.

Didn't we have something like 7 losses at home all of last year? Now we already have two on our home court in less than a month. One of them to the freaking Bobcats no less.

He didn't want to go Bobby Knight on his players.... :ihit

:spin :spin
Actually if you think about it, the Spurs players were missing layup after layup after three after three.... none of them were "on".... Tim Duncan missed several put backs right at the rim.... it happens.

ehz33satx
11-17-2006, 12:36 AM

Buddy, It's just a game. It's a long season, so sit back and relax. The Spurs are going to lose a few games. That's what sports teams do, they win a few, they lose a few. I stick behind the Spurs win or lose.

L.I.T
11-17-2006, 12:59 AM
*yawn*

Leetonidas
11-17-2006, 01:05 AM
C'mon, this is the guy who threw Tim Duncan under the bus in 2005 then made a topic saying he stuck by him. Disregard this idiotic dribble.

SequSpur
11-17-2006, 01:20 AM

Exactly.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-17-2006, 02:06 AM
If WBOM were Peter Holt, I would do nothing but pray day and night for his drinking problem to relapse.

ChumpDumper
11-17-2006, 06:20 AM
If I were Holt I'd move this shit to Vegas before the Maloofs could.

Dave McNulla
11-17-2006, 09:49 AM
phone in back-to-backs? i didn't know that popovich was playing. i thought he was the coach. he didn't miss any shots in the game.

the team was tired from the big comeback the night before and they still game themselves a chance to win. if you want your money back from that, i'd suggest maybe you could just watch on tv and save yourself the grief of having to see an overtime loss.

SequSpur
11-18-2006, 01:48 PM
if i were holt......