PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Knights seek Human Rights

leemajors
11-16-2006, 04:07 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006530367,00.html

UNITED Nations chiefs today felt the Force from two Jedi Knights fighting for interstellar 'human rights'.

Self-proclaimed Jedis ‘Umada’ and ‘Yunyun’, joined by hairy wookie Chewbacca, called for official acceptance of their ‘religion’ at London’s UN headquarters.

The fictional Jedis fought evil villain Darth Vader in the blockbuster Star Wars movie trilogy - leading to a cult following among sci-fi fans and students.

Umada, better known as 27-year-old John Wilkinson, pushed for tolerance of the Jedi faith – which attracted 390,000 followers in the 2001 UK census.

He said: “We have come here today to ask that we are recognised as the fourth largest religion in this country”.

# To see video of the Jedi Knights and Chewbacca in London go to www.thesun.co.uk/video in the Sun Exclusive section now.

The Star Wars characters launched their protest today - the UN International Day of Tolerance – which they want changed to the Interstellar Day of Tolerance.

Jedi Knights are famed for their ability to use the Force – a mysterious mind control power.

However they can be tempted, like Darth Vader, to use their powers for evil by turning to the Dark Side – which could potentially spark a crimewave in the UK.

Umada’s partner Yunyun – Charlotte Law, 24, - denied this could happen.

Defending their faith the pretty Jedi said: “It is about bettering yourself and respecting difference – that is what we are about.”

Jedi ally Chewbacca, speaking via translator Yunyun, said: “It is not fair that there are lots of different life forces across the galaxy that are not getting recognised”.

AlamoSpursFan
11-16-2006, 04:11 PM
Only the Brits could turn a silly science fiction story into a religion.

Sincerely,
Tom Cruise

ShoogarBear
11-16-2006, 07:12 PM
Dick Cheney finds their lack of faith . . . disturbing.

Spurminator
11-16-2006, 07:15 PM
Only the Brits could turn a silly science fiction story into a religion.

Sincerely,
Tom Cruise

:lol

Nice one.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-16-2006, 07:18 PM
Give it a few thousand years and there's going to be a few million dumbasses calling George Lucas "the messiah", kind of reminds of you of something doesn't it.

Duff McCartney
11-16-2006, 08:07 PM
Give it a few thousand years and there's going to be a few million dumbasses calling George Lucas "the messiah", kind of reminds of you of something doesn't it.

Yeah...Christia...I mean Scientol...I mean Isla...I mean Judai...I mean ummm nevermind.