PDA

View Full Version : How did we lose last night?

ALVAREZ6
11-16-2006, 04:31 PM
Before I start, this isn't a rant thread, I just want to know what happened, details, etc since I couldn't watch the game.

What happened last night? I heard we lost in overtime and Morrison played well.

Who played well??? Who scrubbed it up???

Kori Ellis
11-16-2006, 04:36 PM
Spurs missed 15 of 17 3 pointers and numerous layups (Duncan even missed a dunk).

Morrison killed Bruce (and everyone else) particularly in the first half.

Bobcats scored 24 points off Spurs turnovers.

Everyone outside Tim, Fin and Tony shot like crap.

Tony (and others) made critical turnovers.

Finley played a really good stretch. Manu shot like crap but did so many other great things.

Okafor destroyed the Spurs with five blocks and five steals. The Bobcats D was very scrappy in the overtime.

The Spurs coasted all game long and started to care in the closing minutes of the game and came back to tie it up. But in the OT, they missed shots and made turnovers, while the Bobcats did what they need to do.

ALVAREZ6
11-16-2006, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the details.

I really hate how the Spurs like to coast all game and not care until the closing minutes, there aren't many more things that piss me off more about the Spurs than when they do that. Drives me nuts. They don't have any reasons to coast, they are a deep enough team to give more effort throughout the game than that.

Taco
11-16-2006, 04:41 PM
Spurs missed 15 of 17 3 pointers and numerous layups (Duncan even missed a dunk).

Morrison killed Bruce (and everyone else) particularly in the first half.

Bobcats scored 24 points off Spurs turnovers.

Everyone outside Tim, Fin and Tony shot like crap.

Tony (and others) made critical turnovers.

Finley played a really good stretch. Manu shot like crap but did so many other great things.

Okafor destroyed the Spurs with five blocks and five steals. The Bobcats D was very scrappy in the overtime.

The Spurs coasted all game long and started to care in the closing minutes of the game and came back to tie it up. But in the OT, they missed shots and made turnovers, while the Bobcats did what they need to do.

have you noticed that when a player get's hot like Finley the ball doesn't go to that player or Pop sub's them out

FromWayDowntown
11-16-2006, 04:42 PM
To be sure, Okafor's steals number was increased to some extent by the sloppy/lazy/soft entry passes that the Spurs guards repeatedly made into a posted Duncan. Duncan, for his part, showed the Bobcats the ball way too much in the paint and they were able to at least force him to pick up his dribble at inopportune moments. In both respects, I thought the Spurs were poor last night. That, along with the horrendous shooting and 3-point shooting that Kori mentioned; they missed 15 of 17 threes, but one of the 2 threes they hit last night was Parker's 3 at the overtime buzzer to cut the deficit from 6 to 3 -- when it mattered, the Spurs were 1/16 from behind the arc (I think Horry hit a 3 in the 3rd or 4th for the only meaningful Spurs' bomb).

FromWayDowntown
11-16-2006, 04:42 PM
have you noticed that when a player get's hot like Finley the ball doesn't go to that player or Pop sub's them out

That's because Pop hates to win.

Big Pimp_21
11-16-2006, 04:43 PM
And Manu missed a WIDE OPEN 3 at the end of OT that would have tied the game...seriously, he may as well have been on the court by himself on that shot Nobody was within 15 feet of the guy.

Oh well, thems the breaks!

Mr. Body
11-16-2006, 04:51 PM
They entered the week looking at two games: 1) Houston, 2) Chicago.

They were preparing mentally for both of them. Forgot there was a game sandwiched in between there, woke up with minutes left in the game, but it's too much to gear up like that.

(Theory broken: they were lousy in the first half against Houston, too.)

foodie2
11-16-2006, 05:27 PM
That's because Pop hates to win.
:lol :lol :lol :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-16-2006, 05:31 PM
FWD, you forgot to mention that Duncan, Horry, Ginobili, Barry, and Finley are all too broken down to play in the NBA and that Parker is a choker. If they can't put it together against the Bobcats in November there's no hope against playoff teams in May.

boutons_
11-16-2006, 05:39 PM
"player get's hot like Finley the ball doesn't go to that player or Pop sub's them out"

For me, when Manu hits a three, I know he'll be on the bench within a minute. :lol

Somebody explain to Pop what "milking the hot hand" means.

gospursgooo
11-16-2006, 05:42 PM
Hey, take it easy! They are human beings who feel tired and make mistakes occasionally.

dallaskd
11-16-2006, 05:45 PM
I loved the block Okafor put on Duncan in the first quarter.

Leetonidas
11-16-2006, 05:52 PM
Manu had a really nice block at the end though.

WalterBenitez
11-16-2006, 07:00 PM
It sound like it was bad nigth ... combinations of mistakes, nothing to be worried ...but it hurts

Dirk41MVP
11-16-2006, 07:03 PM
YOU GOT BEAT BY THE FUCKING BOBCATS AT HOME !!, THAT"S WHAT HAPPENED... you can make all the excuses you want, but damn, even with mistakes you HAVE to beat the damn bobcats, specially at home. There's no excuse for this, not against a team like charlotte.

The rookie moustache torched your "best defensive player in the league" shit. Maybe he should have stuck his foot under adam to stop him ?

ALVAREZ6
11-16-2006, 07:45 PM
YOU GOT BEAT BY THE FUCKING BOBCATS AT HOME !!, THAT"S WHAT HAPPENED... you can make all the excuses you want, but damn, even with mistakes you HAVE to beat the damn bobcats, specially at home. There's no excuse for this, not against a team like charlotte.

The rookie moustache torched your "best defensive player in the league" shit. Maybe he should have stuck his foot under adam to stop him ?
The Mavs are in last in the division at 3-4.

DuncanInYourFace
11-16-2006, 07:56 PM
The Mavs are in last in the division at 3-4.

Well said.

Axl Van Dam
11-16-2006, 07:58 PM

:wakeup Before you go gangsta on us by ranting on our defeat at the hands of the Bobcats, let's not forget your team lost to the Warriors. A team that is made up of an overabundance supply of guards and forwards, an overpaid, useless lump of a center ( By the way isn't this Erica Dampier ) and a coach who only knows offense and never had defense in his vocabulary. At least the Bobcats have a monster in the making by the name of Emeka Okafor and a rookie stud by the name of Adam Morrison. :wakeup

Louie Vega
11-17-2006, 01:47 AM

Spurs lost to Bobcats and Mavs lose to Spurs? How bad does this make the Mavs look?

THE SIXTH MAN
11-17-2006, 03:52 AM
I loved the block Okafor put on Duncan in the first quarter.
Damn TD has been going to the hole with some weak junk. I think hes bean blocked by Yao, Okafor, and Amare so far this season. He should know that the bigs have the scouting report on him and mix it up a little. Throw some pump fakes or at least take it harder to the hole. :ihit

phxspurfan
11-17-2006, 10:19 AM
"player get's hot like Finley the ball doesn't go to that player or Pop sub's them out"

For me, when Manu hits a three, I know he'll be on the bench within a minute. :lol

Somebody explain to Pop what "milking the hot hand" means.

is that what you do when you've got a cat in heat?

Sportcamper
11-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Adam Morrison scored 27 points...." (http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20061116/capt.ceb24e332b864a9797fa48a12fe42618.bobcats_spur s_basketball_sa107.jpg)He is a basketball junkie," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "He's a scoring machine. He's a fantastic young talent."

STEVEYCU
11-17-2006, 07:04 PM
Pop shoulda called a timeout and set up a play for the last shot even he wasnt thinkin in that game... total team loss

ducks
11-17-2006, 07:10 PM
and if the shot went in you would be praising and sucking pop's dick

STEVEYCU
11-17-2006, 07:18 PM
and IF your momma hadnt smoked so much crack when you were born you might have half a brain

ducks
11-17-2006, 07:35 PM
and IF your momma hadnt smoked so much crack when you were born you might have half a brain
and if your momma would eat healthier foods she could fit thru the door so you would not have to dump her bed pan out for her :ihit

SequSpur
11-18-2006, 01:46 PM
bobcats > spurs, thats why we lost.