PDA

View Full Version : Sportsguy partially blames TD for dumpin his GF of 10 years ago LOL

Amuseddaysleeper
11-16-2006, 05:57 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/061115

...Then again, I'm the same guy who vehemently rooted against them 10 years ago, back when an excruciatingly bad Celtics team ended up finishing with 15 wins, two top-six lottery picks and a 25 percent chance at Tim Duncan. We didn't get him. That's the thing about lotteries -- you never know. And I have to be honest: the Duncan thing was devastating. Nearly 10 years later, I still blame myself. I was dating a blonde at the time who convinced me to spend the weekend in Hyannis Port over watching the Duncan lottery with my dad. Looking back, it was the worst sports-related decision I ever made. I single-handedly swung the lottery to San Antonio. I will always believe this. We broke up two weeks later, mainly because she was a little crazy, but also because I couldn't look at her without thinking of Duncan wearing a Spurs jersey. Looking back, I'd have to rate the reasons for the breakup as 85 percent crazy, 15 percent Duncan. I have never forgiven myself for what happened.

:lol :lol :lol

Shaolin-Style
11-16-2006, 06:55 PM
Sounds like a seinfeld episode lol

Obstructed_View
11-16-2006, 06:59 PM
The only event in my life that I'm sure ranks above the Duncan lottery is the birth of my sons. :)

ShoogarBear
11-16-2006, 07:08 PM
If the billionth time, if Duncan had been drafted by the Celtics, he'd be playing for Orlando today.

Bruno
11-16-2006, 07:08 PM
An four year later, they almost drafted Parker but at the last moment they decided to pick Joseph Forte. :lol

BeerIsGood!
11-16-2006, 07:38 PM
The Celtics have turned into a sad, horribly run organization. They would have wasted TD by not surrounding him with the talent and system necessary - and he would never have won a title in Boston.

THE SIXTH MAN
11-17-2006, 03:59 AM
The Celtics have turned into a sad, horribly run organization. They would have wasted TD by not surrounding him with the talent and system necessary - and he would never have won a title in Boston.
I don't know if he would have never won a title in Boston, but your right about the Celtics being able to surround TD with the talent. When Duncan came to the spurs he had a Hall Of Famer willing to take him under his wings and show him the ropes.

z0sa
11-17-2006, 11:33 AM
I think Tim would have powered his way to a ring with the Celtics. But only one.

lefty
11-17-2006, 02:51 PM
Sounds like a seinfeld episode lol

:clap

Nero
11-18-2006, 12:11 AM

I doubt it. A lot of Celtic players would look awesome next to TD. Ricky Davis for example. Trying to decide whether TD's incredible success is due to the role players, system or the other way around is like the chicken and the egg problem. I happen to think it's mostly TD. He's the perfect player to build a team around, like Shaq.

SequSpur
11-18-2006, 01:45 PM
duncan is married.