PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong?

Dre_7
11-16-2006, 09:12 PM
Okay I have a pretty close group of friends, we dont get into arguments (at least long term ones) often. But we are in one now. There is this girl in our group lets call her "Olivia" (not her real name, totally made up for this post), who is 17 years old. She is dating this guy who is 21. I kinda know him, the other people we hang with dont know him very well. Obiously Oliva doesnt have a problem with him being an adult, and quite frankly neither do I. I know her and she has good judgement. Well "Michael" who's also Oliva and my good friend, thinks it is absolutely wrong. It has been lingering. It is no longer fun to hang out as a group because Michael is always trying to lecture Oliva and get her to leave this guy. It really gets annoying.

Whats your guys take on this? I think Micheal should just get over it and not let it get to him. Oliva is smart and will make the right choice. Is it such a big deal? At first I didnt like the idea, but once I had a good talk with Olivia I felt totally at ease about it. Why Cant he do the same? How would some of you react in this sitaution? Am I in the wrong for not siding with Michael?

Dre_7
11-16-2006, 09:28 PM
I dont think he likes her, but its possible. Never thought of that before. hmmmmm?

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-16-2006, 09:28 PM
You don't side with anybody. You make up your own mind, and as long as it's backed up by decent logic or thoughts, it's your choice.

Same as your group of friends, I mean, Mike can hate it from here to there, but if he's going to be Capt. Bring Down everytime you hang out, well, that's his fault and he has to deal with the resulting consequences (meaning you just might not let him know where the group is next time around).

ashbeeigh
11-16-2006, 09:49 PM
If Micheal is truely her friend then he should support her decisions whether he believes in it or not.

Fillmoe
11-16-2006, 09:50 PM
Maybe Michael needs to shut the fuck up and play his position.... shes 17 she prolly has 2 parents and doesnt need another one

PakiDan
11-16-2006, 09:53 PM
Michael is jealous. Plain and simple.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-17-2006, 12:46 AM
There's nothing illegal about 21 and 17 I take it? Age of consent is 16?

If she's not being taken advantage of somehow, and from what you says she's not, then Mikey should STFU.

Kori Ellis
11-17-2006, 01:12 AM
There's nothing illegal about 21 and 17 I take it? Age of consent is 16?

If she's not being taken advantage of somehow, and from what you says she's not, then Mikey should STFU.

Age of consent is 18 where Dre lives (Wisconsin). It varies from state to state.

http://www.coolnurse.com/consent.htm

TheSanityAnnex
11-17-2006, 02:41 AM
Michael is just pissed he won't be sampling the goods. Simple as that.

CuckingFunt
11-17-2006, 02:48 AM
Michael wants to hit it.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-17-2006, 02:51 AM
Michael wants to hit it.

With reckless abandon.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-17-2006, 02:52 AM
http://www.z28.com/forum/images/smilies/ttiwwp.gif

CuckingFunt
11-17-2006, 03:03 AM
With reckless abandon.Michael wants to knock it out and nurse it back to health so he can hit it again.

That reads even more vulgar than I intended... but I'm going to roll with it.

TDMVPDPOY
11-17-2006, 03:58 AM
get new friends

Dre_7
11-17-2006, 05:28 AM
If he really does like her, then that would be the ironic part, cuz hes the oldest one, 28. All the rest of us are like 17-23. So if he has a problem with a 21 yr old with her, then him liking her is the utmost in irony. (is that even proper grammer?)

Dre_7
11-17-2006, 05:34 AM
Age of consent is 18 where Dre lives (Wisconsin). It varies from state to state.

http://www.coolnurse.com/consent.htm

Very interesting. I cant believe how many states are 16! I thought most were 18 with a few 17s here and there. Thats crazy, I guess you learn sumfin new everyday. Shoot.

Buddy Holly
11-17-2006, 06:17 AM
You kids watch too much Laguna Beach.

Notorious H.O.P.
11-17-2006, 09:36 AM
If he really does like her, then that would be the ironic part, cuz hes the oldest one, 28. All the rest of us are like 17-23. So if he has a problem with a 21 yr old with her, then him liking her is the utmost in irony. (is that even proper grammer?)

He either has feelings for her or some kind of fatherly instinct is kicking in. Personally, before knowing he was 28, I would have said 95% the former, 5% the latter. But knowing that now, I think it's more like 85/15.

Just because he can't have her based on the argument he is making, that doesn't mean he wants someone else to have her.

But I want to know, as a 28 year old, why is he hanging around 17 year olds? Beening 28 and having 17 year old friends isn't bad but when they represent your primary circle? That's a little strange.

leemajors
11-17-2006, 10:22 AM
what is the average age of this group of friends? is the mean closer to 28 or 17?

11-17-2006, 10:30 AM
Michael wants to knock it out and nurse it back to health so he can hit it again.

Wow, hot coffee really burns one's sinuses when evacuated through the nose and will make the eyes water excessively

MaNuMaNiAc
11-17-2006, 10:50 AM
I used to have a friend like that. He was really into this girl we used to hang out with but was too chicken-shit to ask her out, yet somehow was not above getting pissed about her relationships and trying to sabotage them. I think this Michael is probably into Olivia in the same way my friend was into that other girl. Personally, and if you happen to be good friends with Michael, if I were you, I would tell him to STFU and move on.

Either the dude is jealous or he is being overly protective to the point where he is actually affecting your group's friendship. Either way he should stop.