PDA

View Full Version : How long before we see White in action?

Big Shot Rob
11-17-2006, 02:00 AM
I know the kid is brand new and probably doesn't even know the plays yet--but what do you think--how long before James White gets into a game? I've seen his videos on YouTube and am anxious to see what he could do in an actual game this year.

:elephant

MannyIsGod
11-17-2006, 02:07 AM
If James White sees action this year, then we're in serious trouble. He will more than likely ride the inactive list the entire season unless you see several injuries.

TDMVPDPOY
11-17-2006, 02:49 AM
do you have to be active to compete in slam dunk comp?

THE SIXTH MAN
11-17-2006, 02:53 AM
http://img108.echo.cx/img108/369/kpirsga42nq.jpg

The kid can jump. :greedy

Dalamar_the_Dark
11-17-2006, 03:20 AM
He will probably get waived knowing Pop.

BIG IRISH
11-17-2006, 03:46 AM
If James White sees action this year, then we're in serious trouble. He will more than likely ride the inactive list the entire season unless you see several injuries.

OMG :oink are flying, I am in total agreement with Manny

ChumpDumper
11-17-2006, 06:18 AM
I hope to see him in action next month.

As a Toro.

Sam
11-17-2006, 09:14 AM
Give me a break. So he's athletic. He's not very smart. He was a head case at UF and had to transfer to Cincy to make it.

By the way, David Lee of the NY Knicks beat him BAD in the slam dunk contest in HS and also at UF.

Notorious H.O.P.
11-17-2006, 09:18 AM
As we enter one of those inevitable stretches where the Spurs get absolutely no practice time for a month, I'd like to see him sent down to get some work in. It would be a lot more likely that we use him this season (think 10 mpg or spot minutes in certain situations) if he can continue to put in some work in real games situations as opposed to shootarounds and the occasional practice.

I'd be for sending him now but I think Pop thinks he can learn a lot just from being around the team. But with so many available bodies, even if the Spurs had plenty of time to practice, it isn't likely they'd be able to run him much with so many healthy bodies ahead of him. I'd imagine his days are taken up watching and lifting.

Sam
11-17-2006, 09:21 AM
I think White won't see action until December or January.

YoMamaIsCallin
11-17-2006, 09:25 AM
He's gotta be 3rd on the inactive list behind Williams and Butler, who have some NBA history and have shown at least some sparks of life in preseason games. There'll have to be injuries before he makes the active roster. I mean, who would you make inactive? Vaughn? Bonner?

I certainly hope he's using this time to learn the system and to get in the best shape of his life. His opportunity will come when he least expects it. The inactive list can be changed the day of the game. He just has to be ready.

wildbill2u
11-17-2006, 10:11 AM
Some folks who admire his videos need to remember what Charles Barkley said: "A deer can run and jump too, but I wouldn't suit one up."

Mr. Body
11-17-2006, 10:44 AM
I'd like to see spot time to try him out in games at some point during the year. I'd like to see Butler more. Williams won't give us anything this year, with Udrih playing decent, Vaughn can go to the IR, and Bonner doesn't do what we need.

It's a lie to say David Lee badly beat White in the dunk contest. There are youtube videos of the contest. Look for yourself.

White probably isn't a solution, may not be close to ready, may never be close to ready, and may get cut by January. If he gets any regular playing time, sure, we're in trouble, but finding the two new guys some spot time can't be too difficult.