PDA

View Full Version : Fuck Best Buy

TxJudsonRocketTx
11-17-2006, 09:41 AM
Alright so I live out in Tucson, Arizona and its been getting cold as fuck here the past few nights so I figured not many people would be in line at the Best Buy near my house, and I had the same idea as Manny did (reselling the ps3). So I sent a friend of mine to go wait in line for me last night at 7 p.m because I had to work until 12 but I told him to call me if it looked like there was anywhere near 100 people already and in that case I told him to just leave. I get a call and he tells me there's about 30 people if not less and he was going to get in line. :elephant I started celebrating a little too soon, because 10 minutes later her calls me back and tells me when he went to get in line, some big ass dude comes up to him and says "If you're going to stand in this line it's going to be $600 for this spot, this is my line." My friend tells him to suck his dick and that there's no way this is his line, so he goes inside to speak to a Best Buy rep. and tells them this guy outside is trying to charge him to stand in line and wont let him get a spot...this is what the Best Buy person tells him: "Well you have to do what he says then, we sub-contracted the line out to him, and now it's his to do what he wants." :pctoss You've got to be fucking kidding me was my response when I heard all of this, because there's absolutely no way that is legal unless they had permission from their landlord to "contract" a line out on a fucking sidewalk as this Best Buy is located in a strip mall. After work my dad and a few of our big ass friends went over there after I called the newstation to give them a fun story to cover about the first guy in line being charged a ridiculous $2000 for his spot, but when we got there the line had already grown to a lot more than 100 and it was pointless to even fight about it. So that pretty much fucking sucked, and it seems every time I turn around Best Buy is fucking somebody over. Just my rant for this morning.

angel_luv
11-17-2006, 09:50 AM
That is ridiculous- it sounds like an episode of punked or girls behaving badly.

Sorry for your bad luck.

missmyzte
11-17-2006, 09:58 AM
Which store in Tucson? Any chance you remember the name of the rep you talked to? Did you talk to a manager in the store at all?

SoCalSpursFan
11-17-2006, 10:07 AM
That is the worst idea I have ever heard. Why would best buy do it? Can't be good for business. Anyhow, sorry man.

TxJudsonRocketTx
11-17-2006, 10:08 AM
My friend was the one talking them, I was at work. But I dont think he spoke to a manager, anyone else aware of this PS3 bundle going for 99 million bucks right now?

TxJudsonRocketTx
11-17-2006, 10:09 AM
Its a virus, dont click the link in that shit!

MannyIsGod
11-17-2006, 12:06 PM
I would sue if anything just for entertainment value and to show Bestbuy that as a whole we are tired of their shit. This is the kind of shit that really pisses me off. Good thing it wasn't me or I would have had the most epic meltdown ever.It probably would have gone something like this:

Big Ass Dude tries to charge you for your place in line. You challenge big ass dude to a penis measuring contest. Big Ass Dude agrees, and you both drop our pants and whip it out right there.

When the females in the line are able to stop their hysterical laughter, they recover and unanimously name Big Ass Dude the winner by a long, errr wide margin.

At this point, you would proclaim you were leaving the line never to be back again. However, less than 20 minutes later you would be seen in line with a different shirt on acting as if there were people who didn't know you as "the guy with a small dick".

Epic? Not really.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-17-2006, 12:08 PM
Its a virus, dont click the link in that shit!

Here's a novel thought...edit out the offending link.

Just an idea, though.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-17-2006, 12:08 PM
It probably would have gone something like this:

Big Ass Dude tries to charge you for your place in line. You challenge big ass dude to a penis measuring contest. Big Ass Dude agrees, and you both drop our pants and whip it out right there.

When the females in the line are able to stop their hysterical laughter, they recover and unanimously name Big Ass Dude the winner by a long, errr wide margin.

At this point, you would proclaim you were leaving the line never to be back again. However, less than 20 minutes later you would be seen in line with a different shirt on acting as if there were people who didn't know you as "the guy with a small dick".

Epic? Not really.

QFH.

dougp
11-17-2006, 12:11 PM
Alright so I live out in Tucson, Arizona and its been getting cold as fuck here the past few nights so I figured not many people would be in line at the Best Buy near my house, and I had the same idea as Manny did (reselling the ps3). So I sent a friend of mine to go wait in line for me last night at 7 p.m because I had to work until 12 but I told him to call me if it looked like there was anywhere near 100 people already and in that case I told him to just leave. I get a call and he tells me there's about 30 people if not less and he was going to get in line. :elephant I started celebrating a little too soon, because 10 minutes later her calls me back and tells me when he went to get in line, some big ass dude comes up to him and says "If you're going to stand in this line it's going to be $600 for this spot, this is my line." My friend tells him to suck his dick and that there's no way this is his line, so he goes inside to speak to a Best Buy rep. and tells them this guy outside is trying to charge him to stand in line and wont let him get a spot...this is what the Best Buy person tells him: "Well you have to do what he says then, we sub-contracted the line out to him, and now it's his to do what he wants." :pctoss You've got to be fucking kidding me was my response when I heard all of this, because there's absolutely no way that is legal unless they had permission from their landlord to "contract" a line out on a fucking sidewalk as this Best Buy is located in a strip mall. After work my dad and a few of our big ass friends went over there after I called the newstation to give them a fun story to cover about the first guy in line being charged a ridiculous $2000 for his spot, but when we got there the line had already grown to a lot more than 100 and it was pointless to even fight about it. So that pretty much fucking sucked, and it seems every time I turn around Best Buy is fucking somebody over. Just my rant for this morning.
They can't do this - it is in a clause that they have with Sony in regards to people waiting for the product. I suggest contacting the corporate office for that store and tell them you want to speak with their Sony Rep, and continue on down the line.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-17-2006, 12:16 PM
I think you might even end up getting a free PS3 for your troubles :lol

Fabbs
11-17-2006, 12:52 PM
I called the newstation to give them a fun story to cover about the first guy in line being charged a ridiculous $2000 for his spot, but when we got there the line had already grown to a lot more than 100 and it was pointless to even fight about it.

So why didn't the news station do the story? They didn't need you guys to procede.

DirkAB
11-17-2006, 01:03 PM
Dude, I don't believe this for a second. I think your friend was sick of standing in line and is full of shit.

Kori Ellis
11-17-2006, 01:41 PM
At least you didn't get shot waiting in line.
http://money.cnn.com/2006/11/17/technology/playstation.reut/?postversion=2006111710

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-17-2006, 07:23 PM
That's right up there with the Wal-Mart that had everyone race for ten chairs and some dude when face first into a flag pole. :lol

kris
11-18-2006, 01:51 AM
It's 2006 and there's still good ol' fashion line standins?

Redirkulous...

but entertaining.

By the way, it never happened.