PDA

View Full Version : Ben Wallace might be hurt...

Pee_Eye_Emm_Pee
11-17-2006, 02:32 PM
hi guys... i don't post much on here, but i'm a huge spurs fan and i got some news today, and decided to share with you guys...

now this might not be true... i wanna let ya'll know before you guys read this

my friend... who is a rockets fan, was at a bar last night... called RIVES (sp?)

he was there with a few of his friends and saw Ben Wallace walk in...

the waitress said that Ben Wallace comes here every year before he plays the Spurs... all by himself

so my friend and his friends decided to buy him a few drinks, and started talking to him about the rockets game...

my friend said that he's a pretty cool guy... didn't mind talking to them at all, def. appreciated the drinks tho

anyways... they talked about the rockets, the bulls... and the pistons, and then my friend asked him what BEN thought of Yao Ming, and Ben said... he's playing very good, at 100% (something like that) and my friend said... what about you, and he said...

Well, I tore my Right Bicep tonight... so i don't know

at this point my friend was a little shocked... he didn't know what to say to him, but went ahead and asked... are you going to play against the spurs? and Ben Wallace said... Ya, i'm going to try to

that was basically the most important part of the story... he said they hung around for a while, bought him a few more drinks and talked more but this is what stood out to me

Ben Wallace might have a torn Bicep... this is pretty huge, not only for us... but the chicago bulls and obviously the Eastern Conference...

btw... anyone know how long a player could be out for if he tores a bicep???

just thought you guys might want to know... again, this is coming from a friend of mine, and who knows if ben was messing with them or not... i doubt he was kidding around about something like that... anyways, thats about it

nkdlunch
11-17-2006, 02:43 PM
I remember last night's game, he went to the lockerroom cause he hurt his bicep and came back w/an armband. but torn? don't know

Pee_Eye_Emm_Pee
11-17-2006, 02:46 PM
i didn't even know he went to the locker room during the game last night (didn't watch the game)

torn? that's what he apparently said...

Kori Ellis
11-17-2006, 02:50 PM
Wallace left the game to receive treatment on his right bicep and to get his ankles re-taped, and never looked comfortable on the court after returning.
That's all I see on the news wire. Hopefully it's not torn. It would suck for the Bulls if he has to miss significant time.

Pee_Eye_Emm_Pee
11-17-2006, 02:55 PM
That's all I see on the news wire. Hopefully it's not torn. It would suck for the Bulls if he has to miss significant time.
that's what my friend did this morning... he went around all the sports websites to see if there was anything about the injury, but he couldn't find anything... but why would a guy make up an injury, right?

but ya... i really like Ben Wallace, he's a great defender... so i hope it's nothing serious myself

timvp
11-17-2006, 02:59 PM
If Wallace had a torn bicep he'd be out for the season and would be undergoing surgery right now.

JamStone
11-17-2006, 03:13 PM
I tore my Right Bicep tonight

Luckily for Ben, that's his shooting arm.

boutons_
11-17-2006, 03:18 PM
what? a torn bicep doesn't have to be huge muscle destroying/ripping tear.

Muscle tears can be small.

"Have you ever tried to increase the intensity of your workout, only to suffer a painful setback? Most of these episodes are short-lived. However, every now and then, despite rest, ice, stretching and anti-inflammatories, the problem persists—sometimes for months, and even years. Attempts to return to running quickly deteriorate into a demoralizing limp.

One of the distinguishing characteristics of a chronic muscle tear is the gradual onset of pain versus the dramatically sudden pain of an acute tear. The point of injury can be localized, usually with the help of a physical therapist, who may palpate a tender spot like a “knot” that is sometimes as hard as a marble. One of the most common locations is deep in the muscle belly of the hamstrings. Another frequently affected spot is in the calf muscle. You may find that these chronic tears tend to come about when you try to increase your speed or mileage.

When you tear a muscle, you actually inflict upon yourself several thousand microscopic muscle tears. As they heal, little “crossbridges” form between the muscle fibers. This is scar tissue, and it is weak, inflexible and sometimes painful. The treatment for this is cross friction massage which breaks up the crossbridges by applying deep, vigorous massage perpendicular to the affected muscle. Once this has been administered, the athlete accelerates the healing process with proper weight training and moderate amounts of stretching. Upon the first hint of reinjury, cross frictioning must again be applied. Muscle tears can come about in almost any intense sport, in many different locations, but the treatment is basically the same.

If you suspect that you have a muscle tear, consult your physician so that a proper diagnosis can be made. Your doctor may then refer you to a qualified physical therapist, who has experience with cross friction massage.
Good luck with your program; don't forget to use restraint and set your goals realistically when you try to improve your speed, strength or endurance."

http://www.sigafoospt.com/Education/Muscle%20Tears.htm

http://www.physioroom.com/experts/asktheexperts/answers/qa_mb_20041025.php

timvp
11-17-2006, 03:31 PM
what? a torn bicep doesn't have to be huge muscle destroying/ripping tear.

Muscle tears can be small.

"Have you ever tried to increase the intensity of your workout, only to suffer a painful setback? Most of these episodes are short-lived. However, every now and then, despite rest, ice, stretching and anti-inflammatories, the problem persists—sometimes for months, and even years. Attempts to return to running quickly deteriorate into a demoralizing limp.

One of the distinguishing characteristics of a chronic muscle tear is the gradual onset of pain versus the dramatically sudden pain of an acute tear. The point of injury can be localized, usually with the help of a physical therapist, who may palpate a tender spot like a “knot” that is sometimes as hard as a marble. One of the most common locations is deep in the muscle belly of the hamstrings. Another frequently affected spot is in the calf muscle. You may find that these chronic tears tend to come about when you try to increase your speed or mileage.

When you tear a muscle, you actually inflict upon yourself several thousand microscopic muscle tears. As they heal, little “crossbridges” form between the muscle fibers. This is scar tissue, and it is weak, inflexible and sometimes painful. The treatment for this is cross friction massage which breaks up the crossbridges by applying deep, vigorous massage perpendicular to the affected muscle. Once this has been administered, the athlete accelerates the healing process with proper weight training and moderate amounts of stretching. Upon the first hint of reinjury, cross frictioning must again be applied. Muscle tears can come about in almost any intense sport, in many different locations, but the treatment is basically the same.

If you suspect that you have a muscle tear, consult your physician so that a proper diagnosis can be made. Your doctor may then refer you to a qualified physical therapist, who has experience with cross friction massage.
Good luck with your program; don't forget to use restraint and set your goals realistically when you try to improve your speed, strength or endurance."

http://www.sigafoospt.com/Education/Muscle%20Tears.htm

http://www.physioroom.com/experts/asktheexperts/answers/qa_mb_20041025.php

In the sports world, what you quoted is considered a muscle strain. A torn muscle indicates a complete tear.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-17-2006, 03:49 PM
It may just be me, but I'm guessing the medical staff of a professional sports team doesn't use WebMD a whole lot.

ALVAREZ6
11-17-2006, 03:50 PM
I dont think it's possible for Big Ben to tear his tricep.

http://membres.lycos.fr/jujoseph/Ben_Wallace_for_the_dunk_25.12.02.jpg

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-17-2006, 04:15 PM
It may just be me, but I'm guessing the medical staff of a professional sports team doesn't use WebMD a whole lot.

"Well Tim we thought it was plantar fascitis but it looks like you've got actually got a system error. According to this we should start off by refreshing you a few times, but if that doesn't work we may have to check the connections and possibly call in tech support. Sorry it took so long but Holt refuses to pay for anything but dial up."

101A
11-17-2006, 04:23 PM

The Arizona Cardinals do.

Kori Ellis
11-17-2006, 04:58 PM
The Bulls played in Houston last night. After the game, they had to shower, get dressed, do postgame interviews, get to the airport and fly to SA. They probably didn't even get here until 1:00am. And he went to a bar when he got here?

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-17-2006, 05:03 PM
The Bulls played in Houston last night. After the game, they had to shower, get dressed, do postgame interviews, get to the airport and fly to SA. They probably didn't even get here until 1:00am. And he went to a bar when he got here?

Damnit, Kori...you and your logic.

Kori Ellis
11-17-2006, 05:04 PM
I'm not saying it's impossible. Just odd.

nkdlunch
11-17-2006, 05:05 PM
Ben Wallace is a machine, my question is how many drinks did he have?

ShoogarBear
11-17-2006, 05:31 PM
Bastard is on my yahoo fantasy team. He better suck it up.

Que Gee
11-17-2006, 05:36 PM

I remember one time I was watching SportsCenter at home saw the score of a game, went out, then as I was leaving a bar, watched Patrick Ewing walk in. When I had just seen the score of the team he was with just a few hours earlier.

Bruno
11-17-2006, 05:46 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/cs-061117bullswallace,1,5968719.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Wallace set to play tonight

November 17, 2006, 3:11 PM CST

SAN ANTONIO -- Center Ben Wallace participated in the Bulls' shootaround Friday morning at the AT&T Center and will play against the Spurs tonight.

Wallace strained his right biceps late in the first quarter of Thursday night's loss to Houston. He returned to the locker room with athletic trainer Fred Tedeschi to secure a large protective wrap for his arm and re-entered action 62 seconds into the second quarter.

Wallace eventually played 35 minutes against Houston. But coach Scott Skiles said afterward that Tedeschi originally had feared a completely torn biceps muscle.

Wallace said he is experiencing some discomfort but not enough to keep him out of the lineup. Tipoff is scheduled for 7 p.m.

Behrooz24
11-17-2006, 05:53 PM
Anyone know how he got injured? (what exactly was he doing?)

timvp
11-17-2006, 06:34 PM
Wallace strained his right biceps late

That's Dr. timvp now.

Pee_Eye_Emm_Pee
11-17-2006, 08:00 PM
again... i'm just telling you guys a what a friend of mine told me.

and i know what you're saying kori... how did he make it to SA so quickly, the answer is: i have no idea... i didn't even ask my friend what time it was when he saw him.

like i mentioned in the first post... my friend asked him (after Ben told him about the torn bicep) are you going to play tomorrow? and Ben said... Yes.

anyways, when i talk to my friend again... i'll ask him more details

but he did say he drank plently (someone asked earlier about how much Ben drank)

after they all left, my friend said... if the Ben plays bad and they lose tomorrow, it'll be cuz of us... cuz we bought him plenty of drinks, hahaha...

good luck to the Spurs... lets beat the damn Bulls!

midgetonadonkey
11-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Why would anyone buy drinks for a multi-millionaire?

ATX Spur
11-17-2006, 09:26 PM
He looked pretty hurt pulling down those 7 rebounds in the first half.

v2freak
11-17-2006, 10:59 PM
No one needs to buy him a drink. He's dirt-rich!

phxspurfan
11-17-2006, 11:29 PM
Luckily for Ben, that's his shooting arm.

*LOL*

but seriously, not funny

especially because the guys torn bicep can probably lift my Toyota

Louie Vega
11-18-2006, 01:03 AM

Unless it was on the Riverwalk then it is highly improbable he went out to have a few. At the same time it wouldn't be too off the wall to see that happening. He wouldn't be the first NBA athlete to be out late while in town for a game with the Spurs.

Man Mountain
11-18-2006, 01:05 AM
Unless it was on the Riverwalk then it is highly improbable he went out to have a few. At the same time it wouldn't be too off the wall to see that happening. He wouldn't be the first NBA athlete to be out late while in town for a game with the Spurs.

I see players out all the time on the night before games. It was just the time constraints that made it seem weird to me. But hey one time I saw a visiting player having dinner somewhere like 2 hours before the game. I thought they had to be at the arena by then.

veronicamae
11-18-2006, 01:24 AM
if he was injured, that'd explain his brick FT's. is he always that bad?!

and yeah if it was TORN, he'd be in surgery and out for weeks. it's possible he pulled it and exaggerated that it was torn. and a pull would still account for his HORRID FT's.

Pistons < Spurs
11-18-2006, 01:32 AM
if he was injured, that'd explain his brick FT's. is he always that bad?!

ummmm yeah, he's always that bad ... if not worse.

TDMVPDPOY
11-18-2006, 01:37 AM
biggest bust for siginin a contract he aint worth, but props to him for robbin the bulls :D

Solid D
11-18-2006, 03:28 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/images/2006-2007/1117spurs1_elson_dl.jpg

Dude's got biceps to spare.

polandprzem
11-18-2006, 09:13 AM
Torn would not equal the whole season off.

El_Mago
11-18-2006, 10:30 AM
Yeah, Big Ben was at Club Rive last night.

Like Pee Eye said, when Big Ben comes down to SA he likes to go to Club Rive...

My Buddy was apart of the group of guys who were there with Big Ben.....they were the only people in the VIP section that night, so when Wallace came in to have some drinks...management put him in the section as well, and just to be nice and polite....the fellas sent him a few drinks and he accepted.

My friend is a huge Rockets fan and asked Wallace what he had thought of Yao, and he answered by saying that when he's 100% "he is the best." (Probably assuming Big Man)

My friend then asked how he was doing...because he had watched the rockets game....and Big Ben indeed said, "I'm 70%....I tore by bicep tonight."

They mingled for a bit more, and then let him be....

Same buddy also saw Robert Horry a few nights back at POSH Ultra Lounge, and thanked him for helping the Rockets win two titles....ha ha ha....

Anyways, I just wanted to give Pee Eye's story some credibility...the story is true.

Like Pee

SequSpur
11-18-2006, 01:40 PM
Detroit Forum.