PDA

View Full Version : Final: Hogs/Horns in 08

Brutalis
11-17-2006, 06:08 PM
http://arsnonline.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=167

In 07' the Hogs will play UTEP as well but it's not up yet. I know
there's a couple yootep fans here.

Brutalis
11-18-2006, 11:10 PM
What if I said Hogs will own Texas @ Austin? Anyone gunna reply? Cause it's truth boys!

johngateswhiteley
11-18-2006, 11:13 PM
What if I said Hogs will own Texas @ Austin? Anyone gunna reply? Cause it's truth boys!

i doubt that, but both teams should be very good.

Brutalis
11-18-2006, 11:19 PM
Doubt what? Arkansas has had Texas' number in recent years. On top of that Arkansas and it's players take on that game like it's the Super Bowl.

johngateswhiteley
11-18-2006, 11:21 PM
Doubt what? Arkansas has had Texas' number in recent years. On top of that Arkansas and it's players take on that game like it's the Super Bowl.

thats true, but you're not going to own anything...you may win however. and i hope you do win.

Brutalis
11-18-2006, 11:25 PM
Texas/Arkansas is huge SWC rivalry and a huge rivalry period. I know Texas fans downplay it because they are still pissed at Arkansas dumping them and the SWC for the SEC when it was obviously dying. The Hogs and Frank Broyles have tried every year since they left SWC to play Texas home-home series EVERY year since and they say no 75% of the time. They played us in the early 90s I believe and we beat them, and beat them in the 99' Cotton Bowl. Then @ Austin shortly after, then they beat us by 2 in Fayetteville because of a fucking safety. Anyhow. That's that.

johngateswhiteley
11-18-2006, 11:46 PM
Texas/Arkansas is huge SWC rivalry and a huge rivalry period. I know Texas fans downplay it because they are still pissed at Arkansas dumping them and the SWC for the SEC when it was obviously dying. The Hogs and Frank Broyles have tried every year since they left SWC to play Texas home-home series EVERY year since and they say no 75% of the time. They played us in the early 90s I believe and we beat them, and beat them in the 99' Cotton Bowl. Then @ Austin shortly after, then they beat us by 2 in Fayetteville because of a fucking safety. Anyhow. That's that.

yeah, so. i know t.u. doesn't like playing Arkansas and i know all about the history. i just doubt you will own t.u., but i could definitely see you beating them.

Horry For 3!
11-19-2006, 12:17 AM
I remember that game. Fuckin Matt Jones killed UT.

Matt Jones is now on my Keeper League Team :king

Brutalis
11-19-2006, 02:06 AM
I remember that game. Fuckin Matt Jones killed UT.

Matt Jones is now on my Keeper League Team :king

Seriously ponder this.

As much as Vince Young had talent for running out of the pocket, Matt Jones made a running QB look easy. Maybe VY learned something and it made him better?

Brutalis
11-19-2006, 02:07 AM
yeah, so. i know t.u. doesn't like playing Arkansas and i know all about the history. i just doubt you will own t.u., but i could definitely see you beating them.

You know who owns A&M right? Besides Texas?

:fro

samikeyp
11-19-2006, 12:05 PM
We will talk in '08.

Good to see the series back though.

Brutalis
11-19-2006, 05:15 PM
I know. Just wanted to break the news.

IMHO one of the most underrated rivals in CFB.