PDA

View Full Version : Shaq Out 4-6 weeks

Sam
11-17-2006, 09:29 PM
Going to have surgery just announced it on TV at the Spurs/Bulls game.

HeatOwnzNba
11-17-2006, 09:38 PM
I just hope he's healthy for the playoffs, better to get the injuries
and losing out of the way now than later.

Sam
11-17-2006, 09:39 PM
Yeah he'll take more time off than a normal player would just because I don't think Shaq likes the grind anymore.

mavsfan1000
11-17-2006, 10:50 PM
Oh it looks like Miami is not going to repeat this year. If not the age than the injuries.

bdictjames
11-17-2006, 11:03 PM
Aww.. Im really worried about Shaq, the league's not complete without him really

1Parker1
11-17-2006, 11:27 PM
Oh it looks like Miami is not going to repeat this year. If not the age than the injuries.

Why? Shaq was pretty much a non-factor in their champsionship run last year, IMO. It was more to do with Alonzo, Haslem, Posey, Payton, and of course D Wade, than Shaq. Question is, will those role players still be motivated to win another ring and does Wade have enough in the tank to do that again after playing non stop basketball. That's what will stop them from repeating, not Shaq.

IMO, Lakers made a smart decision trading him.

mavsfan1000
11-17-2006, 11:44 PM
Why? Shaq was pretty much a non-factor in their champsionship run last year, IMO. It was more to do with Alonzo, Haslem, Posey, Payton, and of course D Wade, than Shaq. Question is, will those role players still be motivated to win another ring and does Wade have enough in the tank to do that again after playing non stop basketball. That's what will stop them from repeating, not Shaq.

IMO, Lakers made a smart decision trading him.
Dallas was so concerned with Shaq that Wade was able to take over for them. Shaq's prescence alone allowed Wade more opportunites. I don't think Shaq's prescence this year will be as much. He will be playing like Dampier. :lol

timvp
11-17-2006, 11:57 PM
Why? Shaq was pretty much a non-factor in their champsionship run last year, IMO. It was more to do with Alonzo, Haslem, Posey, Payton, and of course D Wade, than Shaq.

Wow. That's taking it pretty far. He averaged close to 20 and 10 (and shot over 60%) throughout the playoffs and was the best player by far in the Detroit series. He didn't score at a Shaq level against the Mavs but he drew so much attention that everyone else was able to go off. I also give Shaq props to taking a backseat to Wade and letting Wade have the spotlight.

Gary Payton > Shaquille O'Neal?

THE Dr. Evil
11-19-2006, 06:53 PM
It is going to take Shaq more than 6 weeks to come back. If you haven't noticed, he is a little over weight which puts a lot of stress on his knees. Not to good for the Heat.