PDA

View Full Version : Keys to victory on Sacramento

Spursfury
11-18-2006, 09:10 PM
Spurs will need Ginobili to step his game up start knocking down his shots from the outside to open up the floor,then once he knocks a couple shots down he can drive and cause havik in the lane.Parker needs to take advantage of Bibby's weak defense and use his speed to break some ankles,his outside shot is also looking pretty nice this time of year and don't forget his tear drop.Timmy has the post on lock no one can guard him in the paint one on one.I think he'll dominate who ever is guarding him,by the end of the game they'll be asking what happened?.So expect doubles all night,that means the bench and bowen are free for three's the whole game.Oberto needs to be aggressive,and box out for rebounds and stay out foul trouble.Bowen will be switching from Bibby/Artest/Martin the whole game so.I don't see Sacramento scoring alot of points.Horry/Barry/Finley/Udrih/Elson have to give us some good bench points,and give are starter's some rest like against Houston.When I was watching that game,I swear I heard the broadcast team say Houston we have a problem.In the end the Spurs will win by 10 to 15+...

RS189
11-18-2006, 09:14 PM
no chance! :smokin :nope

zocool16
11-18-2006, 11:28 PM
no bonzi? i think we're on to something here lol but hey the kings are always tough, specially at home.

Zunni
11-18-2006, 11:37 PM
Don't put Kevin Martin on the FT line.

trueD
11-19-2006, 12:07 AM
Bowen will be switching from Bibby/Artest/Martin

:lol These three are difficult assignments, no wonder Bowen will be busy.

Kings really have no answer for Duncan, though if memory serves Shareef does a pretty good job on him in a pinch. Just, now with Miller out it will be more of a pinch than usual. In fact, Kings are probably lucky Miller is out, though earlier I said playing small against teams like the Spurs may be worrisome, Kings are actually playing better without Miller's sluggish defense.

Kings will meet Spurs with three days rest, a Sunday game at home AND it's coaches birthday. Talk about matchups all day long ... Kings should be ready to play ball.

ATX Spur
11-19-2006, 12:16 AM
Limit the SARS outbreak on the offensive boards!

TDMVPDPOY
11-19-2006, 12:41 AM
release fabio/fran on them

put more oil in timbot..

let the O in BENO stands for offensive!

SequSpur
11-19-2006, 12:58 AM
spurs by 20.

Kori Ellis
11-19-2006, 04:45 AM
Spurs will need Ginobili to step his game up start knocking down his shots from the outside to open up the floor,then once he knocks a couple shots down he can drive and cause havik in the lane.Parker needs to take advantage of Bibby's weak defense and use his speed to break some ankles..etc.

Please put some spaces after your punctuation, thanks.

Texas_Ranger
11-19-2006, 06:59 AM
Just stop Kevin Martin and force Bibby to make some turnovers .
Spurs by 13.

Dalamar_the_Dark
11-19-2006, 07:18 AM
Spurs will need Ginobili to step his game up start knocking down his shots from the outside to open up the floor,then once he knocks a couple shots down he can drive and cause havik in the lane.Parker needs to take advantage of Bibby's weak defense and use his speed to break some ankles,his outside shot is also looking pretty nice this time of year and don't forget his tear drop.Timmy has the post on lock no one can guard him in the paint one on one.I think he'll dominate who ever is guarding him,by the end of the game they'll be asking what happened?.So expect doubles all night,that means the bench and bowen are free for three's the whole game.Oberto needs to be aggressive,and box out for rebounds and stay out foul trouble.Bowen will be switching from Bibby/Artest/Martin the whole game so.I don't see Sacramento scoring alot of points.Horry/Barry/Finley/Udrih/Elson have to give us some good bench points,and give are starter's some rest like against Houston.When I was watching that game,I swear I heard the broadcast team say Houston we have a problem.In the end the Spurs will win by 10 to 15+...

Im not trying to be offensive but what you just said simply sums up what the Spurs need to do against almost every team and if they can execute as you said, we will win hands down.

Bruno
11-19-2006, 08:01 AM
My keys to the game :

- Manu needs to play good defense on Kevin Martin. Martin is Kings' best scorer. Manu will likely be shut down by Artest but he needs to stay in the game and plays good D on Martin and grabs some rebounds.

- Duncan needs to be aggressive on the offensive end. With Miller out, Kings are very thin at PF/C. If Duncan draws some fouls on Thomas/SAR, Kings have no quality big left on the bench to play.

- X-factor : Mike Bibby. Parker has had some succes against Bibby lately but Bibby remains a great offensive weapon who can score 35 points in a good day.

RS189
11-19-2006, 10:01 AM
kings by 15, wheres the vbookie

spurtime
11-19-2006, 10:06 AM
Neutralize their backcourt because they certainly aren't going to beat us in the post. Contest their perimeter shooting and quick rotations to prevent dribble penetration. We also must play defense with our feet instead of our hands or Kevin Martin will go to the line 15 times.

cherylsteele
11-19-2006, 12:32 PM
I actually think it comes down to the turnovers....way too many the past few games.

If we can keep them down around 15 or so.....we should win by +15.

Spurs 102
Kings 90

boutons_
11-19-2006, 12:35 PM
Spurs will spoil the Kings's 4-0 home record. :)

or

Kings will spoil the Spurs' 4-0 road record. :)

kingsfan
11-19-2006, 01:00 PM
Kevin will have another career high and we'll win by 6.http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smielephant.gif

1Parker1
11-19-2006, 01:09 PM
Spurs will spoil the Kings's 4-0 home record. :)

or

Kings will spoil the Spurs' 4-0 road record. :)

:lol Good way to look at it. I didn't realize Kings were undefeated at home. Amazing that the Spurs already have 2 home losses so early in the season.

TDMVPDPOY
11-19-2006, 01:12 PM
this game will come down to beno udrih, his god given super natural powers shal reign down on the kings with a strike of thunder and lightning down there mouths out of there asses that they will not run properly in game.....

when beno walks on court is the miracle like jesus walkin on water, turnin the ball over like turnin water into wine, he will cure the blindness in spursfans, that he is the chosen one...

1Parker1
11-19-2006, 01:29 PM
It's going to be a tough game. I'm sure the Kings will be ready to stop Parker's penetrations and so it'll be important that Parker hit his outside shots. Manu, Barry, Finley and company need to hit their 3 pointers, as the Kings perimeter Defense isn't that great. Oh and Duncan needs to be Duncan. I'm hoping to see a lot of action with Elson tonight :smokin

Oh, and Spurs need to be careful of Bibby, he's coming off a crappy couple of games and I'll just bet he picks the Spurs game to come out of his mini-shooting slump.

boutons_
11-19-2006, 01:37 PM
I think Tim will be key, since Sac doesn't have a Tim-stopper like Rasheed. If Tim decides he wants to play seriously before the 4th qtr, Sac will be in trouble.

Sac is only +1.6 PPG diff.

And Sac is a poor-shooting team, only 42% team FG (worst team is 41%) vs opponent team 46%. Which probably explains why Sac is a pretty good RB team (Sac shoots lots of RBs).

If the Spurs take the game seriously, and don't have one of their team-wide funks of shooting 35% for 3 qtrs, Spur will win.

DirkAB
11-19-2006, 01:43 PM
Fuck, just leave Artest open on the perimeter, he'll surely shoot us out of the game. That shit is getting old. I love having him on the Kings but his shot selection has been atrocious.

Roman_Army
11-19-2006, 05:42 PM
If I were the Spurs coach, my gameplan would be this:

* Every play would begin with Parker penetration. Bibby cannot stay in-front of a dead mouse, much less an active Tony Parker. Once past Bibby, SAR/KT are not large enough to stop that giant killer of Parker's. Either that or he'll have open passing lanes to the PF/C.

I would wear that penetration down until Parker couldn't move any more.

* Give space to Artest. Allow him ... dare him ... to take the jumper. In fact, make his ego go retarded by putting Bowen on him and play off him just a tad. He's bound to go 7-30.

* Close out on Martin. He's got a great first step and a beautiful shot, but he cannot pass on the move. When he penetrates, it's safe for either the C or PF to close out and challenge. Don't sag, as he will drop it back out to the perimeter if in trouble.

* Keep KT grounded. The guy is a pogo stick when it comes to rebounding. Body him up and keep him out.

* Double down on SAR. Not only will it keep him relatively grounded, it will allow the Kings to get some 3 pointers in the basket, which will definitely lead to a 3-point-fest as they always think they just found their shot.

The defensive gameplan for the Spurs should simply be: Let them shoot. Don't let them get it inside, but give them the outside jumper because they aren't disciplined enough NOT to take it.

The offensive gameplan for the Spurs should simply be: Penetrate! The perimeter of the Kings is among the worst in the league when Bibby is playing the way he's been playing. Attack the rim and hurt his feelings. He'll try to get it back on the other end by barfing up garbage.

Mavs<Spurs
11-19-2006, 08:15 PM
:lol These three are difficult assignments, no wonder Bowen will be busy.

Kings really have no answer for Duncan, though if memory serves Shareef does a pretty good job on him in a pinch. Just, now with Miller out it will be more of a pinch than usual. In fact, Kings are probably lucky Miller is out, though earlier I said playing small against teams like the Spurs may be worrisome, Kings are actually playing better without Miller's sluggish defense.

Kings will meet Spurs with three days rest, a Sunday game at home AND it's coaches birthday. Talk about matchups all day long ... Kings should be ready to play ball.

You all have a very good team. It will not necessarily be easy, but Spurs should prevail. Kings are tough at home normally. Bruce can not guard Ron Artest. Artest is too strong.

Kevin Martin is becoming a really good player.

Mavs<Spurs
11-19-2006, 08:18 PM
If I were the Spurs coach, my gameplan would be this:

* Every play would begin with Parker penetration. Bibby cannot stay in-front of a dead mouse, much less an active Tony Parker. Once past Bibby, SAR/KT are not large enough to stop that giant killer of Parker's. Either that or he'll have open passing lanes to the PF/C.

I would wear that penetration down until Parker couldn't move any more.

* Give space to Artest. Allow him ... dare him ... to take the jumper. In fact, make his ego go retarded by putting Bowen on him and play off him just a tad. He's bound to go 7-30.

* Close out on Martin. He's got a great first step and a beautiful shot, but he cannot pass on the move. When he penetrates, it's safe for either the C or PF to close out and challenge. Don't sag, as he will drop it back out to the perimeter if in trouble.

* Keep KT grounded. The guy is a pogo stick when it comes to rebounding. Body him up and keep him out.

* Double down on SAR. Not only will it keep him relatively grounded, it will allow the Kings to get some 3 pointers in the basket, which will definitely lead to a 3-point-fest as they always think they just found their shot.

The defensive gameplan for the Spurs should simply be: Let them shoot. Don't let them get it inside, but give them the outside jumper because they aren't disciplined enough NOT to take it.

The offensive gameplan for the Spurs should simply be: Penetrate! The perimeter of the Kings is among the worst in the league when Bibby is playing the way he's been playing. Attack the rim and hurt his feelings. He'll try to get it back on the other end by barfing up garbage.

Wow, good thoughts. You should be a coach. Your points are really great.

I'm impressed.

Hope the Spurs can execute. I don't underestimate the Kings either. They are a good team with some very good players.

Borosai
11-19-2006, 08:18 PM
There's a game tonight? Sweet!

Mavs<Spurs
11-19-2006, 08:19 PM
Fuck, just leave Artest open on the perimeter, he'll surely shoot us out of the game. That shit is getting old. I love having him on the Kings but his shot selection has been atrocious.

He is so strong, he ought to post up. He also has good handles, so if he can break down the defense, someone will be wide open.

Mavs<Spurs
11-19-2006, 08:20 PM
:lol Good way to look at it. I didn't realize Kings were undefeated at home. Amazing that the Spurs already have 2 home losses so early in the season.

Boutons is always on his game.

I am disappointed about our home record.